gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 09:52:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MiC Song/Tracklisting Discussion Thread  (Read 17682 times)
bryand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2013, 07:37:21 AM »

C-Man- how is "It's about time" live from 1973? Is Dennis audible?
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2013, 07:57:29 AM »

C-Man- how is "It's about time" live from 1973? Is Dennis audible?

Been awhile since I had the opportunity to hear it...to my recollection, he's not really audible.
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2013, 07:59:35 AM »

C-man, could you describe the "Carl Wilson Coda"?

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2013, 09:21:01 AM »

Similar to Hawthorne.
jvcthome
Smiley Smile Associate

fear and loathing in the woodstock nation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2013, 09:34:23 AM »

Thanks for sharing these details!  Cheesy
Could you tell us something about Why (instrumental track)? I'm really curious about this one.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2013, 09:35:10 AM »

Hey C-man, how come "Big Sur" (4/4) wasn't included on the set?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SonicVolcano
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2013, 09:54:44 AM »

These teasers are killing me Grin
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2013, 11:12:27 AM »

Thanks for sharing these details!  Cheesy
Could you tell us something about Why (instrumental track)? I'm really curious about this one.

Recorded at MIU.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2013, 11:13:11 AM »

These teasers are killing me Grin

Good!  That's the intention:  drive you crazy until release day.  Smiley
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2013, 11:29:10 AM »

Thanks C-Man for all the info!

By the way, this interview came out today. Apparently, Goin' to the Beach is co-written by Carl
http://somethingelsereviews.com/2013/08/10/i-thought-it-was-a-great-song-mike-love-on-the-newly-released-beach-boys-track-goin-to-the-beach/
Jason
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2013, 11:37:50 AM »

Huh...I had no idea that was Carl/Randy Bachman co-write. Learn something new every day.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2013, 01:04:02 PM »

Huh...I had no idea that was Carl/Randy Bachman co-write. Learn something new every day.

Interesting. In that interview, Mike's description of the song sounding like "Takin' Care of Business" makes me thing he's talking about the title track to KTSA rather than "Goin' to the Beach."

It's weird. Even if the "composing session" footage of "Goin' to the Beach" in the "Going Platinum" TV special is like semi-staged or something, the interviews seem to indicate Mike wrote the song or at least co-wrote it.

This new article makes it sound like only Carl and Bachman wrote the song, but perhaps Mike's name is on there too?

Then there was a comment I vaguely recall from someone who had presumably seen the liner notes indicating that the song was credited solely to Mike, which was interesting in light of the fact that some fans thought over the years it was likely a Brian/Mike co-write!

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2013, 02:07:08 PM »

By the way, this interview came out today. Apparently, Goin' to the Beach is co-written by Carl
http://somethingelsereviews.com/2013/08/10/i-thought-it-was-a-great-song-mike-love-on-the-newly-released-beach-boys-track-goin-to-the-beach/

I'm pretty sure Mike was mis-quoted. 
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2013, 02:48:55 PM »

No, we've just been misreading it.
The quote goes: "The title track was written by the late Carl Wilson along with Randy Bachman..."
The title track being "Keepin' the Summer Alive."
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2013, 04:11:38 PM »

C-Man, is Brian singing lead on the alternate vocal take of "Don't Worry Baby"?

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
Nicko1234
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2013, 05:45:45 PM »

The quote goes: "The title track was written by the late Carl Wilson along with Randy Bachman..."

Indeed. This interview is elsewhere on the board at the moment and Mike was indeed talking about the song Keepin the Summer Alive.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2013, 06:00:28 PM »

"Where Is She":  I hope you all have clean floors, 'cause your jaws will be spending a lot of time there.   Wink

Oh yes! I can't wait.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2013, 06:06:03 PM »

Indeed. This interview is elsewhere on the board at the moment and Mike was indeed talking about the song Keepin the Summer Alive.

Really guys, might as well just listen to the clip and hear Mike Love quoting exactly the name of the song (that is indeed Keepin' The Summer Alive) to make it clear, that simple.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2013, 07:02:30 PM »

Ugh. Sorry.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2013, 08:44:30 PM »

I'm interested in hearing  the unearthed 1974 era Dennis tracks. What does his voice sound like? We're all so interested in hearing Brian's voice on the 1974 demo of California Feeling that Dennis seems to have been ignored. The tracks on the upcoming MIC set might be essential in documenting the changing of Dennis's voice.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2013, 09:35:38 PM »

I'm interested in hearing  the unearthed 1974 era Dennis tracks. What does his voice sound like? We're all so interested in hearing Brian's voice on the 1974 demo of California Feeling that Dennis seems to have been ignored. The tracks on the upcoming MIC set might be essential in documenting the changing of Dennis's voice.

That's fair.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2013, 09:44:54 PM »

agreed.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2013, 09:45:52 PM »

It's to bad that the early version of River Song wasn't included, even if it wasn't meant to be a Beach Boys release. You can kind of hear some roughness in the voice already.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2013, 10:35:40 PM »

Along those lines, I'm really hoping that we get detailed (i.e. fairly exact where it exists) recording date annotations with the new set. That prospect's almost as exciting to me as the music within. This will go a long way in helping to decipher the tracks whose recording spanned several years...or even several eras. Bellagio, earlier boxes and the new concert book have already been great in that regard, but there's probably still even more exact and specific session info to be unveiled for many of the tracks that we've been anxiously wondering about for years.
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2013, 11:27:22 PM »

"Where Is She":  I hope you all have clean floors, 'cause your jaws will be spending a lot of time there.   Wink

w00t!

From what you've and others have said, I'm expecting this to be a pretty nifty piece of songwriting to say the least! In terms of production, how decent does it sound? A few years back, a version of it was described as a bit rough, not something you could mistake for an album worthy track. Does this stand true today?

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx