gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 03:28:58 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reclusive Era Brian Photos  (Read 2802 times)
Robert James
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2013, 07:39:02 AM »

We have all seen the picture of Brian with Harry Nilsson from the "Reclusive Years"

According to my reading of the new "The Beach Boys In Concert" by Ian Rusten and Jon Stebbins:

April 20, 1973 - Hollywood Palladium - Brian came on stage, last appearance until 1976. Photographer was on hand and took numerous pictures.

May 23, 1975 - "Together Concert" - Anaheim - Brian was present. Photographers took numerous pictures of him backstage.

I searched the site and google extensively for these images. Either I'm not a good "googler" (very likely) OR they are hard to come by.

Has anyone seen them? Care to share?

I would let it slide, slide like mercury. silver and quick, poisonous and deadly.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 07:47:13 AM »

Over in the media section's The *official* Brian/BB picture thread we already thought about creating a separate thread to discuss '73-'75 pictures of Brian. Although neither the Hollywood Palladium nor the "Together Concert" were an issue yet. Smiley

=> http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,1990.msg389478.html#msg389478
Robert James
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 07:49:20 AM »

thanks! didn't think of the media section

I would let it slide, slide like mercury. silver and quick, poisonous and deadly.
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 07:55:34 AM »

There is only one pic that has surfaced of brian at the palladium show and you can't see his face
Robert James
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 08:00:47 AM »

There is only one pic that has surfaced of brian at the palladium show and you can't see his face

thanks Ian, love the book

Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 09:21:46 AM »

The photos of Brian in Anaheim 1975 show him driving a golf cart and with his kids
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 09:24:06 AM »

The photos of Brian in Anaheim 1975 show him driving a golf cart and with his kids

P.S. Are these from the same date? I'm asking because Brian's official website had one of them as "1976" once (a couple of years ago).

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:29:31 AM by Lowbacca » Logged
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 10:00:13 AM »

Yes those are the may 75 Anaheim pics. Others show dennis and others playing football backstage
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 10:10:25 AM »

deleted

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 10:46:35 AM »

Yes those are the may 75 Anaheim pics. Others show dennis and others playing football backstage
Thank you. Smiley

3 more:

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:49:37 AM by Lowbacca » Logged
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 10:59:05 AM »

Man, in terms of coolness this guy didn't even have to try.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 12:08:01 PM »

Man, in terms of coolness this guy didn't even have to try.
I know exactly what you mean!

I can't get over how almost everything He did in the 60s and 70s was so HIP!

Reminds me of the par on the beautiful dreamer documentary, when Danny Hutton Talks about how Brian was one of the hippest people he knew.

Even in the dark years, what he did and didn't do was just so flipping hip and cool.
That story that Danny Hutton tells about Iggy Pop, himself, and Alice Cooper (I think) having them sing shortenin' bread is just so brilliant! Where was the recording devices then?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 04:24:53 PM »

The one of Brian with Carnie and wendy in white shirts is from another day as they are dressed different in the other Anaheim pics and he looks a little slimmer
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 04:48:16 PM »

The one of Brian with Carnie and wendy in white shirts is from another day as they are dressed different in the other Anaheim pics and he looks a little slimmer
Dammit, you're right. Tongue Sorry.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 08:12:38 PM »

I love the way the girl (Carnie?) mimicks Brian's facial expression! Smiley

Other than that, personally I think Brian looks atrocious in those pictures. Not a guy I would like to meet. Personally.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 08:19:16 PM »

I met him the following year when he still looked like that and I'm very glad I did.  The guy was great.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 08:23:31 PM »

Thank you for posting these photos. I find them fascinating. You can literally see a man "turning". It makes you want to go back in a time machine and intervene and kidnap him or something.
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 09:08:06 PM »

i wanna kidnap them and give them botox now but maybe it would help in the past too

except for Mike who looks really good for his age
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx