gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680855 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 03:13:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian with Jeff Beck Fall Tour Dates  (Read 200834 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 16, 2013, 10:59:56 AM »

"The sets are almost entirely identical! Also, 2004-5 UK tours!"

"Why doesn't Brian sing all the songs?"

"Cowsill sings Wild Honey!"

"Poor journalism."

"Brianistas! Brianistas! Objective journalists always have my opinions, that way I don't have to read them."

"Carl's estate will never turn down that BIG FAT CHECK."

"Bruce Johnston has tender eyes."

"Why can't we be happy to have BOTH bands, I feel endlessly blessed being able to see The Beach Boys fractured yet Mike still operating under the name."

"Performed all of Pet Sounds? Mike regularly does ALL of '...Salute Nascar' which makes NORMAL PEOPLE shriek with delight, not New York hipsters!"

"Yeah, well what about those 3/5 full shows in Florida and Texas? HUH?! HUHHH?!?! That negates all the good reviews."

"Mike is rich and you're all just jealous of a man you never met."

That about covers it. So... lunch?

I think you need a rest...

|And can't you just find enjoyment in the fact that Brian is still doing highly rated concerts at this stage?

theres no rest for the weary....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #726 on: October 16, 2013, 11:01:41 AM »

Nicko, I think you're going to have a hard time pretending I haven't been "expressing enjoyment." Thanks for the advice tho, I've always valued your sense of humor and fun and will definitely take it in the kind spirit it was intended. Unfortunately, there's no way I'm taking a rest until I get to see this show on Sunday! I'm excited as hell and all these reports are whetting my appetite like you wouldn't believe.

It just keeps getting better and better and those Beacon posts are delightful to read!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:21:27 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 16, 2013, 11:02:36 AM »

Forget Pet Sounds! Coming up next -- "Brian Wilson and Jeff Beck Present Smile"!

Wink

Plus Blondie Chaplin singing "Wild Honey."

Sad there is almost no guitar soloing on Love You.

But there could be!  Beck Loves You

Hm - now there's an idea...

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Nicko1234
« Reply #728 on: October 16, 2013, 11:44:53 AM »

Nicko, I think you're going to have a hard time pretending I haven't been "expressing enjoyment." Thanks for the advice tho, I've always valued your sense of humor and fun and will definitely take it in the kind spirit it was intended. Unfortunately, there's no way I'm taking a rest until I get to see this show on Sunday! I'm excited as hell and all these reports are whetting my appetite like you wouldn't believe.

It just keeps getting better and better and those Beacon posts are delightful to read!

Sure but I genuinely don't know why the enjoyment always has to be tempered with passive aggressive comments.

The tour does indeed sound like it is getting better and better.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 16, 2013, 11:52:59 AM »

NY and the Beacon always does wonders for Brian. It was at the first Beacon show during the C50 tour that Brian finally turned the corner and began to have better shows.  The first few shows on the tour were rough for Brian but when they hit the Beacon...he had woken from his slumber.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #730 on: October 16, 2013, 12:02:07 PM »

Very true, he sure revved up then and his subsequent performances were a lot more enthusiastic... even in the youtube vids you'd see it! I'm glad I'm in LA and get the tour after it's been road-tested, but man... am I regretting missing Pet Sounds.

Burning, burning, scalding hot jealousy! I could've pretended I was visiting my family or something. "Yeah, I just gotta run tonight and go see PET SOUNDS LIVE! See you all tomorrow."
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 12:07:29 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 16, 2013, 12:08:18 PM »

That Rolling Stone article pulled Mike apart, funny but sad at the same time.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 16, 2013, 12:10:57 PM »

Very true, he sure revved up then and his subsequent performances were a lot more enthusiastic... even in the youtube vids you'd see it! I'm glad I'm in LA and get the tour after it's been road-tested, but man... am I regretting missing Pet Sounds.

Burning, burning, scalding hot jealousy! I could've pretended I was visiting my family or something. "Yeah, I just gotta run tonight and go see PET SOUNDS LIVE! See you all tomorrow."

I bet they'll give us Pet Sounds too...they gotta do something special for the hometown crowd!
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 16, 2013, 12:55:51 PM »

God bless Rolling Stone. I think I last said that...never.

Well, the C50 article was pretty good  Grin

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 16, 2013, 02:03:28 PM »

I'm Waiting for the Day:  http://youtu.be/tsnY3oto0Rw
Till I Die: http://youtu.be/s58Y7ByIDTs

And no Wild Honey yet!  Come on!   Huh

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: October 16, 2013, 02:09:50 PM »

Oh wow! I totally called that Pet Sounds show!
That's so awesome, Brian is doing GREAT.

If there's ever a time for an amazing album, no one can doubt it's now!

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 16, 2013, 02:15:53 PM »

"The sets are almost entirely identical! Also, 2004-5 UK tours!"

"Why doesn't Brian sing all the songs?"

"Cowsill sings Wild Honey!"

"Poor journalism."

"Brianistas! Brianistas! Objective journalists always have my opinions, that way I don't have to read them."

"Carl's estate will never turn down that BIG FAT CHECK."

"Bruce Johnston has tender eyes."

"Why can't we be happy to have BOTH bands, I feel endlessly blessed being able to see The Beach Boys fractured yet Mike still operating under the name."

"Performed all of Pet Sounds? Mike regularly does ALL of '...Salute Nascar' which makes NORMAL PEOPLE shriek with delight, not New York hipsters!"

"Yeah, well what about those 3/5 full shows in Florida and Texas? HUH?! HUHHH?!?! That negates all the good reviews."

"Mike is rich and you're all just jealous of a man you never met."

That about covers it. So... lunch?

I think you need a rest...

|And can't you just find enjoyment in the fact that Brian is still doing highly rated concerts at this stage?

So ontor, I think that means you seriously took every line Nicko wanted to say, which meant he was left with nothin'.
Nicko1234
« Reply #737 on: October 16, 2013, 02:48:52 PM »

So ontor, I think that means you seriously took every line Nicko wanted to say, which meant he was left with nothin'.

Nah, I said all I wanted to say with the comment, 'The tour does indeed sound like it is getting better and better.'

That matters a hell of a lot more than the petty squabbles...
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 16, 2013, 03:26:56 PM »

I'm Waiting for the Day:  http://youtu.be/tsnY3oto0Rw

And no Wild Honey yet!  Come on!   Huh

I'm waiting for the day is awesome!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 16, 2013, 03:28:08 PM »

If memory serves...

Hearts
California Girls
Sail On, Sailor (w/ Blondie)
Wild Honey (w/ Blondie)
Full Pet Sounds album
Good Vibrations
Help Me, Rhonda (w/ Blondie)
I Get Around (w/ Blondie)
Fun, Fun, Fun (w/ Blondie)

Brian was in great voice and an even better mood. Also, Blondie was introduced as a Beach Boy. I fully expect a headlining tour w/ these four next year.

Damn.  You serious?  The day they play in Oakland next week is my wedding anniversary, so I was going to pass on going.

Now I think I gotta make this.  Somehow.......
Mikie, didn't the $25 ticket deal come through?  If not cancel going out for dinner, and make her that special dish at home - she loves your cooking.  Pull out that Bear Suit from last Halloween and Do Magic Tricks under the sheets... Something.  Can't take a chance this tour will come back next year.               Jesse - Great review!  The Times is callin' in a job offer right now.             ontor, You remain the Star of this thread.  Don't stop til the Wild Honey's smeared all over that Shortnin' Bread, and the tour is over.  I am sure Brian does have something special for your show.  He's been checking this very thread, looking for ideas.          Nicko,  wait, I've forgot what you said.        If ticket sales have been slow, they won't be any more.    

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 16, 2013, 03:30:26 PM »

I'm Waiting for the Day:  http://youtu.be/tsnY3oto0Rw

And no Wild Honey yet!  Come on!   Huh

Brian nailed IWFTD, his voice seems to be in great shape, can't wait for the new album

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 16, 2013, 03:31:55 PM »

God bless Rolling Stone. I think I last said that...never.

Well, the C50 article was pretty good  Grin
Doo Dah,  Don't forget the Brian cover back in 1976, before the internet, that passed for cutting edge news.  And thanks for starting this thread, it is soon to go to page 31.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 03:33:45 PM by feelsflow » Logged

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Mayoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 16, 2013, 04:38:39 PM »

Is it just me or does Brian sound great on the "That's all done" part of I'm Waiting for The Day and Jeff is off-key?
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 16, 2013, 04:52:31 PM »

Is it just me or does Brian sound great on the "That's all done" part of I'm Waiting for The Day and Jeff is off-key?

Haha yeah, could be.

Brian killed the coda! Awesome rasp.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 16, 2013, 05:08:20 PM »

Again, I gotta ask this -- for people who don't like Mike Love to begin with, why did you want the reunion to continue, anyways? Isn't is better to see Brian without Mike "dominating," as this reviewer put it? Would he have enjoyed this latest Beacon show and "Pet Sounds" recreation any better if Mike were there?

I've said repeatedly that Brian is better off without Mike. For so many reasons.

So why did I want the reunion to continue? Because Brian (and Al & Dave) wanted it to.

it would be very cool to hear Mike and Bruce participate in a performance of Pet Sounds. how awesome would this have been on the C50 tour? unfortunately, it will probably never happen and we pretty much have only Mike to blame for that.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 16, 2013, 05:10:48 PM »

Yes, Jeff, please back off; the big man was all over it. Wow on that coda.

Haha yeah, could be.

Brian killed the coda! Awesome rasp.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 16, 2013, 05:12:09 PM »

Again, I gotta ask this -- for people who don't like Mike Love to begin with, why did you want the reunion to continue, anyways? Isn't is better to see Brian without Mike "dominating," as this reviewer put it? Would he have enjoyed this latest Beacon show and "Pet Sounds" recreation any better if Mike were there?

I've said repeatedly that Brian is better off without Mike. For so many reasons.

So why did I want the reunion to continue? Because Brian (and Al & Dave) wanted it to.

it would be very cool to hear Mike and Bruce participate in a performance of Pet Sounds. how awesome would this have been on the C50 tour? unfortunately, it will probably never happen and we pretty much have only Mike to blame for that.

A real shame they didn't roll it out just once last year. Sure, the RAH got what, 61 songs, but they would have died for 30 min of PS.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #747 on: October 16, 2013, 07:52:50 PM »

Not just you...and not the first time on this tour, either. One of the GOK videos posted the other day had the same exact thing happen.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
ArtVandalay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 16, 2013, 08:00:35 PM »

Holy crap, Brian sounds fantastic on both of those songs. I can't get over it.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 16, 2013, 08:00:48 PM »

WILD HONEY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eER3w2cLrb4
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 39 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx