gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 04:38:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian with Jeff Beck Fall Tour Dates  (Read 200753 times)
Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 14, 2013, 07:58:55 PM »

Who's going to the Beacon tomorrow?  I'll be the guy in the worst seat!

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 14, 2013, 11:05:35 PM »

The white piano looks so much better than the little black keyboard Brian sat behind on previous solo tours. Maybe that gives him extra confidence, too. It gives him an extra sense of security and makes him look and feel so much more elegant.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 15, 2013, 12:07:59 AM »

The white piano looks so much better than the little black keyboard Brian sat behind on previous solo tours. Maybe that gives him extra confidence, too. It gives him an extra sense of security and makes him look and feel so much more elegant.

It's not a real piano though.  It's just a keyboard inside of a baby grand shell.   Razz

Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 15, 2013, 01:33:48 AM »

Interesting that he too thinks he hasn't been in a studio with Brian in 40 years -- guess they never met for that Anton Fig session after all.  :-)

Also nice to have a definitive settling of the recent "Did Blondie play bass" thread!

Cheers,
Jon Blum
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 15, 2013, 05:54:25 AM »

Interesting that he too thinks he hasn't been in a studio with Brian in 40 years -- guess they never met for that Anton Fig session after all.  :-)

Also nice to have a definitive settling of the recent "Did Blondie play bass" thread!

Cheers,
Jon Blum

they didn't....their tracks were done seperately, and the story goes that when Brian was given the chance to meet with
Blondie after his session (but before Blondies) he declined the invitation and left... 

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #655 on: October 15, 2013, 08:28:37 AM »

http://www.northjersey.com/arts_entertainment/celebrities/227769131_Jeff_Beck_joins_Brian_Wilson_at_the_Wellmont_Oct__16.html

"I was intimidated by him," Beck recalls of his first formal introduction to Wilson. "I’m sure he couldn’t have given a [damn] about me."

Jesse Reiswig
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 15, 2013, 11:36:45 AM »

Seeing the Beacon show tonight. Very pumped, based on all the comments of the last few pages.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 15, 2013, 01:32:14 PM »

Another "Sail On Sailor" with Blondie from October 13th.  And still no "Wild Honey"!

http://youtu.be/wFZzzTdf1XI

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 15, 2013, 01:41:21 PM »

No, it's quite stupid - when you are the headliner (or co-headliner), you should be visible to the people who pay your outrageous ticket prices from all viewpoints. You have to be careful of where you sit with these shows - too close, or on the wrong side, you're liable to not be able to see much of Brian at all.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 15, 2013, 01:50:40 PM »

Another "Sail On Sailor" with Blondie from October 13th.  And still no "Wild Honey"!

http://youtu.be/wFZzzTdf1XI

Pretty good sound on that one. Its 1973 again!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: October 15, 2013, 01:54:52 PM »

No, it's quite stupid - when you are the headliner (or co-headliner), you should be visible to the people who pay your outrageous ticket prices from all viewpoints. You have to be careful of where you sit with these shows - too close, or on the wrong side, you're liable to not be able to see much of Brian at all.
Even the times when he toured with The Beach Boys he sat at a grand piano to the side stage. Anybody who has any interest in The Beach Boys wants to see Brian when he's at a show, yet this is what he does when there are others front and center with him. I suppose his vanity isn't nearly as bad as we want it to be. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 15, 2013, 01:58:54 PM »

Isn't the white piano on a riser, though? I read that it was for the reunion tour, but perhaps not for this tour. My point is that Brian doesn't particularly like seeing the audience that well or feeling exposed. The times I saw him, he looked uncomfortable behind a small keyboard, sitting in the middle of the stage. It also make his teleprompter obvious. In photos, he looks classy. I know it's a fake build-around, but still, it makes him look Gershin-esque.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 15, 2013, 02:01:38 PM »

There was no piano riser for the Atlanta show.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 15, 2013, 02:08:07 PM »

Isn't the white piano on a riser, though? I read that it was for the reunion tour, but perhaps not for this tour. My point is that Brian doesn't particularly like seeing the audience that well or feeling exposed. The times I saw him, he looked uncomfortable behind a small keyboard, sitting in the middle of the stage. It also make his teleprompter obvious. In photos, he looks classy. I know it's a fake build-around, but still, it makes him look Gershin-esque.

No riser on this tour. During soundcheck, we were in the 4th row and I could just see Brian's head pop out from above the piano, and I was glad I was sitting further back for the actual show! The new teleprompter is opaque, anyway, not visible at all unless you know what to look for.

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 15, 2013, 04:26:35 PM »

No riser on this tour. During soundcheck, we were in the 4th row and I could just see Brian's head pop out from above the piano, and I was glad I was sitting further back for the actual show! The new teleprompter is opaque, anyway, not visible at all unless you know what to look for.
Last week at sound check, Brian did a spectacular job on I'm Waiting For the Day.  He never took his eyes off the audience. He looked right at the group.  I doubt that he is using it.   

If he was looking at us, he wasn't looking at any teleprompter.   Wink
slickman9696
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 15, 2013, 06:22:41 PM »

Guys, he just did all of Pet Sounds!! I was too poor and in college last time he toured it, and I never thought I'd see it, let alone with so many Beach Boys on stage. And I got video of Wild Honey I'll post when I'm home. Great night so far.
keysarsoze001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #666 on: October 15, 2013, 06:24:59 PM »

Friend of mine at the show just said the same thing, that they did Pet Sounds front to back. Holy frijoles!
Marcella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 15, 2013, 06:28:00 PM »

I really hope someone uploads some footage of "Wild Honey" from last night's show. 

I have some very poor audio only from the Philly show that includes Wild Honey. I can't seem to get it to download to my PC but when I get a chance I'll see if it's worth a listen.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #668 on: October 15, 2013, 06:31:00 PM »

All of Pet Sounds? What a classy move! Can't wait for next week... and for that Wild Honey video!
keysarsoze001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #669 on: October 15, 2013, 06:34:04 PM »

I wonder how much of his usual set had to be dropped to make way for the rest of the album that he wasn't already playing as part of the shows? Or perhaps they just played a set that was 20 minutes longer?
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 15, 2013, 06:45:50 PM »

Guys, he just did all of Pet Sounds!! I was too poor and in college last time he toured it, and I never thought I'd see it, let alone with so many Beach Boys on stage. And I got video of Wild Honey I'll post when I'm home. Great night so far.

OMG! Why am I missing this tour?!?! Shocked
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 15, 2013, 06:46:43 PM »

Where were ya when Blondie was singing SOS, Don?  Takin' a wis?

Waiting for a clip with Blondie singing Wild Honey.....
If Blondie was there I must have been out to lunch. I didn't leave to take a wis.    Warner Theater show, DC.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 15, 2013, 06:50:03 PM »

Woah. I am so envious of the people who got to go and had no idea until it was happening.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 15, 2013, 06:52:48 PM »

Yeah, just read he's doing all of Pet Sounds tonight, I'm incredibly jealous of all those at The Beacon tonight.

I wonder what prompted that move

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 15, 2013, 06:54:16 PM »

Did I miss it or has no one posted a video of Blondie with the band?    PLEASE POST A LINK TO SOS  if you know of one from the current tour.  I was at the DC show and missed his performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJT52IvIxYw
Thank you!!!!!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 39 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx