gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 06:08:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian with Jeff Beck Fall Tour Dates  (Read 200762 times)
thatjacob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 05, 2013, 10:01:26 AM »

Also, it's of note that Al did the complete lead on "Sloop John B" last night instead of alternating with Brian. Brian kept coming in late and Al covered for him, but would take the entire verse. I couldn't tell if Brian was getting a little angry or was or if he was doing it on purpose.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #401 on: October 05, 2013, 10:53:27 AM »

Oh wow LOL

Edit

Referring to the foskett post
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 11:01:03 AM by You Think Because I ALLOW You To » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #402 on: October 05, 2013, 10:54:52 AM »

From opposite musical poles, Wilson, Beck enjoying recent collaboration
http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2013/oct/05/1005_WilsonBeck/

“It’s a little easier to record on my own stuff than with The Beach Boys,” Wilson said. “I have a tough time getting along with The Beach Boys, you know.” Having Jardine and Marks on board has been a way for Wilson to keep the Beach Boys flavor on the new material, without working with the rest of the band. “They’re both great singers too, especially Al — Al Jardine is a really wonderful singer, a great singer,” Wilson said.

“It gave me a chance to work with Al and David and not have to work with Mike and Bruce. I don’t even want to talk about Mike and Bruce.”

--

Concert review: Brian Wilson and Jeff Beck an odd couple that works
http://www.accessatlanta.com/weblogs/atlanta-music-scene/2013/oct/05/concert-review-brian-wilson-and-jeff-beck-odd-coup/

A stick of incense burned at the end of Wilson’s white piano and for the duration, the pop maestro stayed where he is most comfortable – behind the keyboard.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #403 on: October 05, 2013, 11:04:51 AM »

Brian's voice sounded shot on GOK Sad

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 05, 2013, 11:19:08 AM »

“It gave me a chance to work with Al and David and not have to work with Mike and Bruce. I don’t even want to talk about Mike and Bruce.”

DAYUM.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 05, 2013, 11:27:40 AM »

DAYUM.

My thoughts exactly. That's a shot in the heart of the Lovester.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 05, 2013, 11:35:42 AM »

I don’t even want to talk about Mike and Bruce.”

Hallelujah!
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 05, 2013, 12:03:14 PM »

I got my tickets to see the show in Montclair, NJ on Oct. 16. Sadly, there were still plenty of seats available. Probably partly because the tickets aren't cheap-- not that they should be with those two names, but it's very expensive for us regular folks to get a couple of balcony seats. But people can find money to see McCartney at higher prices, so I guess it's just lack of name recognition or publicity or something.

Doors open at 6:30. Does the show start at 7? That seems early.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 05, 2013, 12:14:29 PM »

Not a good performance, I hope he just a had a sore throat that night.
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 05, 2013, 12:39:22 PM »

God I hate Al Jardine's finger snapping so much... he looks like a complete dweeb

Is his guitar actually audible? It never seems like it...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 12:52:55 PM by Gabo » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: October 05, 2013, 01:11:27 PM »

Buncha Atlanta pics:

http://www.musicnewsnashville.com/archives/photos/2013/brianwilsonjeffbeck/

Boring review: http://www.musicnewsnashville.com/brian-wilson-jeff-beck-atlanta
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 01:47:45 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 05, 2013, 01:35:19 PM »

that GOK is actually a really strong performance by Brian. not perfect but i love it.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 05, 2013, 01:39:51 PM »

In another recent interview, Brian praised Mike as a frontman on the C50 tour and said what a great singer he is. I'm not sure which interview it was, but it was within a few weeks of this recent one.  Maybe the more positive interview was before whenever the lawyers got involved again, and the negative one is after?
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 05, 2013, 01:59:52 PM »

God I hate Al Jardine's finger snapping so much... he looks like a complete dweeb

Is his guitar actually audible? It never seems like it...

On the GOK clip, he's quite audible, especially the strummed chords in the middle part.

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 05, 2013, 02:25:42 PM »

DAYUM.

I have a hard time believing that sentence came out of BW's mouth.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 05, 2013, 02:36:56 PM »

I got my tickets to see the show in Montclair, NJ on Oct. 16. Sadly, there were still plenty of seats available. Probably partly because the tickets aren't cheap-- not that they should be with those two names, but it's very expensive for us regular folks to get a couple of balcony seats. But people can find money to see McCartney at higher prices, so I guess it's just lack of name recognition or publicity or something.

Doors open at 6:30. Does the show start at 7? That seems early.
Hi Amy,   They just want you in as early as possible to check the merch tables, have a drink or four, then you need snacks...they have many good ideas to keep you busy 'til 8:30.   Wink   Have Fun, it's the show that matters, these days fun costs.  
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:46:51 PM by feelsflow » Logged

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 05, 2013, 02:45:02 PM »

Brian's voice sounded shot on GOK Sad

Yeah, it's really surprising since the video from the first couple nights had him in great voice on GOK. Maybe he's delivering it this way on purpose - but man, that was rough.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 05, 2013, 02:59:50 PM »

Al needs to buy a new suit, he wears that white one like EVERY DAY or something.

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday. Al needs to hang that thing in a closet for awhile. He wore the same suit (or one just like it) back in '07 when he toured with Brian and he's worn it to a few gigs since then. Al should keep his C50 look and quit being so formal. He looks a little out of place with the rest of 'em. The 1968 look is over, Al.

Wasn't it Freddie Mercury who advised wearing white on stage because the audience can see you better? Maybe Freddie sent Al some friendly advice from out there somewhere.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 05, 2013, 03:13:34 PM »

Al's suit reminds me of Tom Wolfe.
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 05, 2013, 04:53:34 PM »

Saw the set on stage looks the same, 409 and Deuce Coupe back in after do it again and cal girls, she knows me too well and forever are gone Sad but their hearts were full of spring is still in there. Only new addition is add some music. Besides that same brian set. They did do till I die during soundcheck that might sneak its way into beck set hopefully not instead of surfs up.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: October 05, 2013, 05:03:48 PM »

Al needs to buy a new suit, he wears that white one like EVERY DAY or something.

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday. Al needs to hang that thing in a closet for awhile. He wore the same suit (or one just like it) back in '07 when he toured with Brian and he's worn it to a few gigs since then. Al should keep his C50 look and quit being so formal. He looks a little out of place with the rest of 'em. The 1968 look is over, Al.

Wasn't it Freddie Mercury who advised wearing white on stage because the audience can see you better? Maybe Freddie sent Al some friendly advice from out there somewhere.

I dunno, I could always see Freddie better when he was shirtless. Dunno why Al wants to looks so formal. Maybe he thinks these BADJB concerts are formal occassions or something.....

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 05, 2013, 05:19:43 PM »

I dunno, I could always see Freddie better when he was shirtless. Dunno why Al wants to looks so formal. Maybe he thinks these BADJB concerts are formal occassions or something.....

Sounds to me like you simply prefer your men without shirts!  
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 09:06:37 PM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: October 05, 2013, 08:17:38 PM »

FOREVER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulalsuv4LSY

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 05, 2013, 08:47:43 PM »

Awesome when David performs Dennis songs!

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 05, 2013, 09:11:17 PM »

This may have been noted previously: 
It appears Al's guitar is the only one pluggd in using a cord; does this mean his is the only one not really being used in the mix?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 39 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx