gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680851 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 08:12:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian with Jeff Beck Fall Tour Dates  (Read 200771 times)
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2013, 04:14:23 PM »

Holy balls...the tickets are expensive as f***! The Houston show isn't available online to buy tickets yet (despite being less than a month away) but it shows the price range. The 'cheapest' ticket is about $70, and it's not even a great venue either! I want to try to save for it, but man, I don't know. That's just nuts IMHO.

It's not just these dates, the whole system is terribly skewed, Billy. It's downright insulting to any regular dude who just wants to go to a show. My show tickets were $100+ each with fees, and the best I could get was 12th row to the left! And this was the minute the regular sale opened! Ridiculous. The presale seats were even worse. I can't even get rewarded for being a fan who wants to purchase tickets on time. So, the worse thing is that I look now, a couple weeks later, and there are BETTER seats available. WTF....

It's really the scalpers fault which is really the internet's fault for making it so accessible. I hate online ticketing SO much...but it's really the only way now.
Les P
Smiley Smile Associate

Cheese Pizza and Apple Pie

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2013, 08:58:36 PM »

Holy balls...the tickets are expensive as f***! The Houston show isn't available online to buy tickets yet (despite being less than a month away) but it shows the price range. The 'cheapest' ticket is about $70, and it's not even a great venue either! I want to try to save for it, but man, I don't know. That's just nuts IMHO.

Billy, I'm not sure what you are seeing because my wife got our Houston tickets on presale Aug. 27 and regular sales started a couple of days later. 

But the system is pretty messed up.  My wife (I was not available to do this) bought tickets on Row Q as soon as they went on sale - the best non-VIP tix that came up when she was finally able to get in.  She was disappointed, tried again and bought 2 better ones on Row D, even though she'd already bought two.  She said even better tickets came up after she bought those, and finally stopped checking.

On the bright side, she is very excited about going!  She comments how good Brian looks in pictures these days.  I'm a lucky guy...
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2013, 02:35:19 PM »

It's really the scalpers fault which is really the internet's fault for making it so accessible. I hate online ticketing SO much...but it's really the only way now.

I've actually had better luck going to a Ticketmaster outlet (with live persons) to buy tickets than using the Internet, because at the outlet they still let you choose seats.

KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2013, 05:36:04 PM »

I've actually had better luck going to a Ticketmaster outlet (with live persons) to buy tickets than using the Internet, because at the outlet they still let you choose seats.

BTW, part of the reason you can't get good seats for these shows via Ticketmaster is because they've blocked off the best seats for the people paying $500 for the meet and greet or $250 for soundcheck packages. Those folks are guaranteed to get seats in the first several rows, so there are none available to the non "VIP" customers, at first. If those pricey VIP packages don't all sell out, then those seats will be released back to the public at the lower $100 or so prices a day or two before the show. It always pays to keep checking if you're interested in the best seats.

Ticketmaster now lets you choose your own seats, complete with seating charts.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 05:39:55 PM by KittyKat » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2013, 05:59:42 PM »

Billy, I'm not sure what you are seeing because my wife got our Houston tickets on presale Aug. 27 and regular sales started a couple of days later. 

But the system is pretty messed up.  My wife (I was not available to do this) bought tickets on Row Q as soon as they went on sale - the best non-VIP tix that came up when she was finally able to get in.  She was disappointed, tried again and bought 2 better ones on Row D, even though she'd already bought two.  She said even better tickets came up after she bought those, and finally stopped checking.

On the bright side, she is very excited about going!  She comments how good Brian looks in pictures these days.  I'm a lucky guy...
hmm...when I went to check them out the other day it said tickets were 'unavailable'. Maybe it was just a systems issue

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2013, 06:42:29 PM »

BTW, part of the reason you can't get good seats for these shows via Ticketmaster is because they've blocked off the best seats for the people paying $500 for the meet and greet or $250 for soundcheck packages. Those folks are guaranteed to get seats in the first several rows, so there are none available to the non "VIP" customers, at first. If those pricey VIP packages don't all sell out, then those seats will be released back to the public at the lower $100 or so prices a day or two before the show. It always pays to keep checking if you're interested in the best seats.

Ticketmaster now lets you choose your own seats, complete with seating charts.

I've noticed that this mostly depends on the venue. I like it when they offer this, but now all venues offer it yet. So for some reason, the decision must be out of ticketmaster's hands.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2013, 06:47:03 PM »

I just got my UVIP pass, honestly I am just so excited I don't even care about the money.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2013, 06:53:53 AM »

I just got my UVIP pass, honestly I am just so excited I don't even care about the money.

Did you pay out of pocket or Pop? Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2013, 12:02:57 PM »

I take back what I said about the venue for the Houston show...didn't realize it was the same place I saw Brian at in 2004 only with a name change.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Nicko1234
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2013, 12:13:40 PM »

I take back what I said about the venue for the Houston show...didn't realize it was the same place I saw Brian at in 2004 only with a name change.

With plenty of tickets still available. Yikes.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2013, 12:16:01 PM »

hmm...when I went to check them out the other day it said tickets were 'unavailable'. Maybe it was just a systems issue

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2013, 12:16:18 PM »

Did you pay out of pocket or Pop? Wink

Payed with the money I made off my commission for The Bulleltromancer.

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2013, 04:27:54 PM »

I don't know why this came into my mind but how awesome would it be if they added Back Home to the Old Man River/Cottonfields medley?  Like after Al sings the last "In them old cotton fields back home," they go into "Back Home, I spend my summers back home..."  I just think that would sound so cool.  Somebody should suggest that to Paul Mertens.  Grin

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2013, 06:17:17 PM »

Jeff Beck has a great version of "Ol' Man" So I really hope they merge the two!

Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2013, 10:49:15 AM »

This is the most detailed description of the tour to date: http://www.consumerelectronicsnet.com/article/Brian-Wilson-and-Jeff-Beck-Prep-for-North-American-Tour-at-Ocean-Way-2802139 

Brian Wilson and Jeff Beck Prep for North American Tour at Ocean Way
Legendary Musicians Kick Off Landmark Tour on September 28
SEPTEMBER 11, 2013 --

DMN Newswire--2013-9-11--Brian Wilson (Co-founder Beach Boys) and Jeff Beck, two of the music industry's most celebrated entertainers, will kick off their co-headlining North American tour on September 28 in Tampa, FL., joined by Wilson's former band mates Al Jardine & David Marks. 

Prior to the tour, Wilson and Beck convened at Hollywood's Ocean Way recording studios with producer Joe Thomas, Wilson's music director Jeffrey Foskett, and engineers Frank Pappalardo and Wesley Seidman.

Fans can expect a unique experience when they witness these two legends taking the stage together.

Brian Wilson, Jeff Beck, Al Jardine and David Marks will open the show together with both of their respective bands performing a string of hits.  From "Little Deuce Coupe" to "Custom Machine," the show will then focus on eclectic selections from Wilsons' vast repertoire, covering fifty-years of classics along with music from his rich solo catalogue. 

Beck will open the second half of the show backed by a four-piece rhythm section to perform selections from his solo career.  He'll be joined by Wilson, Jardine and Marks who'll add their distinctive harmonies to some Beck's classics.  All four will once again join together on stage for a massive finale that will bring together both bands again to run through their favorite songs from their youth and for the first time ever, some classic Yardbirds material.

Wilson is one of popular music's most deeply revered figures, the main creative force behind some of the most cherished recordings in rock history. Indeed, it is no exaggeration to call Brian Wilson one of the most influential composers of the last century.  Wilson was barely out of his teens when he began to create some of the most beloved records ever -- nine consecutive gold albums that featured such classics as "Surfer Girl," "In My Room," "I Get Around," "Don't Worry Baby," "Fun, Fun, Fun," "Help Me, Rhonda" and "California Girls"...just to name a handful of the more than two dozen Top 40 hits Brian co-wrote, arranged, produced and performed on with his family band, The Beach Boys.

Known as one of the most influential lead guitarists in rock, Jeff Beck was ranked 5th in Rolling Stone's list of the "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time."  He has earned wide critical praise and received the Grammy Award for Best Rock Instrumental Performance six times and Best Pop Instrumental Performance once.  He has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice; as a member of the Yardbirds (1992) and as a solo artist (2009).
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2013, 10:52:21 AM »

Isn't it just the same press release we've seen a few times already? What's new?
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2013, 11:44:15 AM »

Isn't it just the same press release we've seen a few times already? What's new?

he just stated its the most descriptive to date, which it is (now you go out and find sumthin new, ok)  Razz

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2013, 11:55:36 AM »

How is it the most descriptive? It's the same text as all the other articles "written" based on this press release. Written before they added Blondie.

I admit it, I was hoping for another song title. Ya got me!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 11:58:16 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2013, 01:04:29 PM »

It sounds like the recipe for a live album. Which might push back Brian's solo album a bit more, which could be timed to coincide with the release of his movie.
Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2013, 09:39:11 PM »

[/quote]

I was walking by the Beacon Theater today and bought the cheapest ticket for the October 15 show at $59.  The same ticket was $79 online.  It's a crappy seat but I don't care -- it's the Beacon and the worst seat is still better than watching the Stones or Springsteen at a stadium.

BTW when I heard Blondie would be there I figured I had to go!

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2013, 01:43:35 PM »

Rehearsal! (Or a crappy Photoshop job.)

They are in Florida now, I guess ...

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2013, 02:04:21 PM »

Glad they finally took/assembled a new photo instead of repeatedly using that older photo where Brian looks like he's made of some kind of orange rubbery substance. Let the man age gracefully ;(

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2013, 04:27:26 PM »

Brian, Mike and David all still wearing their 2012 Reunion Tour shirts.  Brian seen here sporting the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival model.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 04:28:34 PM by southbay » Logged

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2013, 06:07:42 PM »

Brian has the incredible ability of smiling in a photo and still looking like he wishes he was anywhere else.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2013, 08:13:13 PM »

Just got my ticket for the Albany show!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 39 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx