gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 01:20:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian with Jeff Beck Fall Tour Dates  (Read 200786 times)
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2013, 05:16:46 PM »

They should not be called Meet & Greets. Last year I paid $475.00 and I neither met them nor was I greeted by them. It was more of a cattle call. We were herded through, got a quick photo and then ushered away. The sound check was fun, but because it was an outdoor venue, I could have arrived early and just sat against the fence and heard everything perfectly. Except for the seat itself, it was total rip-off.

Amazing. For that kind of bread I would expect to have a leisurely sit down meal with them - and a nice wine list.  Grin

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2013, 06:38:01 PM »

If this is "Brian's most popular tour," it's because Jeff Beck is on the bill. Jeff easily sells out the small to medium sized halls with his own band and I'm sure his fans will follow along with this one.  There's also the curiousity factor among Brian fans to see how Brian will sound with a guitar god such as Jeff, along with seeing Brian with Al and David.  If it were Brian alone doing his usual set list, I'm sure he'd sell okay, but not as quickly or well.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »

Anyone have a presale code for the Bethlehem show?

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2013, 09:39:35 AM »

Oct. 8: Albany, N.Y.

I've got connections with the owner of the venue. JUMPING FOR JOY.

Marcella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2013, 02:01:46 PM »

Scored 11th row aisle seats in the left orchestra for the Tower show. **fingers crossed** that Brian's big white grand doesn't prevent me from seeing him...can't wait!
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2013, 07:16:15 PM »

Okay I'm gonna ask...
I know the M&G price is high, but I really want to ensure I meet Brian before it's too late.
I'm also a Jeff Beck fan, and they ENSURE you get autographs...

Guys, seriously, for a picture, autograph, and a few words...
I think I'm gonna do it. Not to mention this is a HUGE tour that could very well be Brian's most interesting...

Marcella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2013, 08:28:23 PM »

If you are a Jeff Beck fan I say go for it...just don't expect much from the personal meet and greet with Brian. My only word of advice would be to try to make him laugh and refrain from the "your music saved my life" stuff, he's heard it all before.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2013, 08:50:35 PM »

Okay thanks!
Weird question, but how should I approach talking to Brian? What's my best bet?

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2013, 08:56:56 PM »

Esperanto. He can't get enough.

Probably best not to say "Spector sent me."
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:06:25 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Marcella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2013, 08:59:15 PM »

From all the clips I've seen of Brian, he's most at ease when he gets disarmed and asked questions that are fun, lighthearted, and allow him to display his secondary love--food. He is much more at ease when he is talking about foods that he enjoys eating, check out this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S89dRcc4DwI

or better yet this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaiTXg3KG3g

That being said, if you get him to lower his guard a bit, you could get him to open up some more and maybe you could have a "moment" with him. Problem is, from what I've heard, many of these meet-and-greets just treat you like cattle and your time is severely limited. Still, make a game plan, ya never know when you might get your icon to SMiLE.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2013, 09:04:52 PM »

So rather than having a deep moment, I should probably close with a deep comment, but open with something like "Hey Brian! How's it going?" Or something as such.

And maybe, if the food tables in the room, even make a joke like "Man, lots of great stuff over there!" Haha!

Who knows, I just wanna play it cool and get a sentence or two out of him! Smiley easier said then done! I'm expecting to at least have a quick word with Al or David, many have said they're much more open to the M&G fellows!

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2013, 09:07:43 PM »

And honestly, I may stick out a bit considering I'm 16... I don't expect to be with anyone else under 30 in that group.
So who knows, maybe a kid would seem a lot easier to talk to?

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2013, 05:27:08 AM »

And honestly, I may stick out a bit considering I'm 16... I don't expect to be with anyone else under 30 in that group.
So who knows, maybe a kid would seem a lot easier to talk to?

You aren't going to have much time to talk at all...unless you make it  Wink

I bought M&G for C50 last year...SO worth it (I think it's too expensive this year). BUT, I made each beach boy a card and the staff did not approve of this so after I handed them all out she went around and took them all back giving me about an extra solid minute to chat with the boys! Albeit, everyone but Brian did most of the talking. However, when I gave him his card he let out the biggest shriek of excitement and had the biggest smile on his face...it was unforgettable. Then I just said "Brian, thanks for everything!" and patted him on the shoulder and he just goes "Aw yeah sure man!"...A day in the life of a genius! LOL

So my advice? Make him something.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2013, 06:08:37 AM »

From Facebook, half an hour ago:

Blondie Chaplin
Blondie Chaplin is pleased to officially announce that he has been invited by Brian Wilson to guest on several dates on Brian's new tour including opening night in Florida, and dates in New York City, Montclair NJ, Las Vegas, LA & Oakland.

“We live in divisive times.”
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2013, 06:26:05 AM »

Blondie Chaplin
Blondie Chaplin is pleased to officially announce that he has been invited by Brian Wilson to guest on several dates on Brian's new tour including opening night in Florida, and dates in New York City, Montclair NJ, Las Vegas, LA & Oakland.

I was just thinking in the last few days, "Hmmm, Blondie is on the new album somehow, wouldn't it be trippy if he was part of the live show and sang "Sail on Sailor" and maybe "Wild Honey" and/or "Funky Pretty" or something?" Glad I got some Oakland tickets; this will definitely make it more interesting. Think they can talk Brian into adding "Funky Pretty?" That would be fun to hear Blondie, Brian, Al, and David trade the lead on that one!

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2013, 06:43:42 AM »

Blondie Chaplin

I was just thinking in the last few days, "Hmmm, Blondie is on the new album somehow, wouldn't it be trippy if he was part of the live show and sang "Sail on Sailor" and maybe "Wild Honey" and/or "Funky Pretty" or something?" Glad I got some Oakland tickets; this will definitely make it more interesting. Think they can talk Brian into adding "Funky Pretty?" That would be fun to hear Blondie, Brian, Al, and David trade the lead on that one!

"…more interesting…"?  Understatement of the year! LOL

I wish could cross the pond for this; four BBs on the same bill now casts a huge shadow over the touring Beach Boys, excellent act as they are.

“We live in divisive times.”
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2013, 06:01:29 PM »

Crazy question... What if I told brian I was a young songwriter inspired by him, And brought him a physical copy? Just one word or smile would make it perfect...

Gohi
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2013, 06:03:59 PM »

Crazy question... What if I told brian I was a young songwriter inspired by him, And brought him a physical copy? Just one word or smile would make it perfect...
I would avoid giving him a CD but that's just me.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2013, 06:05:32 PM »

You ain't gonna get what you're looking for, son.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2013, 06:21:22 PM »

As a big fan, you know exactly what Brian's gonna be like during these things. Just go enjoy the show!

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2013, 07:46:16 PM »

I considered doing this, but it just left a bad taste in my mouth. It made me feel very promotional.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2013, 07:48:18 PM »

True, just a pipe dream!

Well, I really just wanna meet him quickly and get the picture just to say I did! So this should be good either way!

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2013, 12:50:05 AM »

Holy balls...the tickets are expensive as f***! The Houston show isn't available online to buy tickets yet (despite being less than a month away) but it shows the price range. The 'cheapest' ticket is about $70, and it's not even a great venue either! I want to try to save for it, but man, I don't know. That's just nuts IMHO.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Nicko1234
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2013, 02:19:15 AM »

Holy balls...the tickets are expensive as f***! The Houston show isn't available online to buy tickets yet (despite being less than a month away) but it shows the price range. The 'cheapest' ticket is about $70, and it's not even a great venue either! I want to try to save for it, but man, I don't know. That's just nuts IMHO.

Yeah, that's a fair comment. The issue with having so many musicians involved (including Jeff Beck's guys) is that it is going to cost a stack. For these shows even the cheapest tickets up in the gods are sometimes more expensive than the best tickets to the M&B shows.

Now some will argue that you get what you pay for and that they will put on a better show which may be true. But it is understandable why there are so many unsold tickets at the moment.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2013, 07:01:32 AM »

It's not just these dates, the whole system is terribly skewed, Billy. It's downright insulting to any regular dude who just wants to go to a show. My show tickets were $100+ each with fees, and the best I could get was 12th row to the left! And this was the minute the regular sale opened! Ridiculous. The presale seats were even worse. I can't even get rewarded for being a fan who wants to purchase tickets on time. So, the worse thing is that I look now, a couple weeks later, and there are BETTER seats available. WTF....

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 39 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx