gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 10:47:16 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian with Jeff Beck Fall Tour Dates  (Read 200778 times)
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 04:00:39 PM »

Nothing in the midwest area again... Sad

Yea, I'm bummed -- its not like the shows are in dense population areas because they are trying to fill
70,000 seat arenas.

With Akron the last date mebee they will lengthen the tour and hit a few more cities West of there.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
zachrwolfe
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 05:05:43 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:51:26 PM by zatch » Logged
slickman9696
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2013, 05:34:59 PM »

Beacon Theatre baby! That's where I saw the boys last year. Maybe this time the wife can come along.
Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2013, 07:51:29 PM »

Beacon Theatre baby! That's where I saw the boys last year. Maybe this time the wife can come along.

And where we saw Brian play his first solo tour -- what an experience that was.  Tickets go on sale Friday.  See you all there!

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2013, 08:19:57 PM »

Concerning producers for the album, it's possible there are multiple producers, like different producers on different tracks.

Brian's camp also seem to like to have him credited as sole producer even when others are kinda co-producing (e.g. Joe Thomas on TWGMTR). So we may see Brian listed as sole producer, with other "collaborators."

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Michael Edwards Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2013, 08:23:07 PM »

My heart sunk when I saw the Philly venue would be the Tower - a scene I would most definitely not be making. Sulking, I looked through the other dates just to see where he was gonna be - and there it was - The Sands in Bethlehem - I'm THERE. The chance to see Brian again.....so psyched.

Not particularly thrilled with the Tower as the choice of Philly venue, either. That part of 69th Street at night gets more dangerous every year.

Did either of you follow the link to the Tower site?  The ticket pricing is outrageous.  (Can it be correct?)  Makes Bethlehem, while not cheap, look like a bargain. 
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2013, 09:57:57 PM »

Yea, I'm bummed -- its not like the shows are in dense population areas because they are trying to fill
70,000 seat arenas.

With Akron the last date mebee they will lengthen the tour and hit a few more cities West of there.

And north!
And PNW

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2013, 03:35:11 AM »

I just think they oughta make this a proper group.  The Beck Boys!

Cheers,
Jon Blum
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2013, 05:29:00 AM »

By the way-I feel obliged to mention that Jeff and the Yardbirds played with the BBs on New Years Eve 1965 and New Years Day 1966.  Jeff also played on a bill with the BBs in 1976 (but Brian was not present).
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2013, 07:09:05 AM »

My heart sunk when I saw the Philly venue would be the Tower - a scene I would most definitely not be making. Sulking, I looked through the other dates just to see where he was gonna be - and there it was - The Sands in Bethlehem - I'm THERE. The chance to see Brian again.....so psyched.

Not particularly thrilled with the Tower as the choice of Philly venue, either. That part of 69th Street at night gets more dangerous every year.

Did either of you follow the link to the Tower site?  The ticket pricing is outrageous.  (Can it be correct?)  Makes Bethlehem, while not cheap, look like a bargain. 
Well, they just priced me out of a ticket. I refuse to pay those kinds of prices. I did it once for the C50 Tour, but after just seeing the Atlantic City show a couple of weeks ago, I can't afford those prices to see them again.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2013, 07:37:08 AM »

This doesn't really concern me since I live in the Old World, but . . those prices can't be right . . right? Shocked
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2013, 08:21:41 AM »

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 05:01:59 PM by Wirestone » Logged
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2013, 08:26:46 AM »

Scored two great tickets to the Detroit show this morning.
Can't wait to see Brian again.
Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2013, 08:27:59 AM »

Yep, a real bummer.  

"Jeff, you care." --BW
Michael Edwards Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2013, 10:19:17 AM »

Well, they just priced me out of a ticket. I refuse to pay those kinds of prices. I did it once for the C50 Tour, but after just seeing the Atlantic City show a couple of weeks ago, I can't afford those prices to see them again.

I never bought into the idea that the M&B show had comparatively lower ticket prices but I've been convinced.  I bought  tix for me, my wife and my daughter for an M&B show at the end of September for a grand total of $130.  I told my financial manager (my wife) about the Brian shows and she said no way on those prices.  Now, I'm trying to think of things that I can sell.   Tongue

(Thaks Wirestone for the note about the default at Tower's site.)
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2013, 11:26:56 AM »

Strategically, I'm starting to think about where the best seats will be. Brian'll have that stupid white grand that will obscure him from some vantage points, I'm sure. At over a hundred bucks a ticket (with fees), I wanna at least be able to see him. I'm thinking at least five rows back on the right side, since that's the one he usually faces. Any other ideas?

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2013, 12:30:52 PM »

What are you talkin about Willis?
The first part of the tour was in IL and OH, I live in Indiana.…Ive certainly felt the frustrations of how they haven't came to this part of the states that much in the past 13 years, maybe, Handful of times.

Plus, the last date on the Brian/Beck shows is in Ohio, partially Midwest I think. Granted, a very Far East Ohio venue.…I highly doubt I make because of time and money. But i was at the Kettering show, so I'm not complaining.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 12:34:39 PM by punkinhead » Logged

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2013, 01:37:24 PM »

Poseur.

And it's, "Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
darling
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2013, 01:44:44 PM »

That's a link to a secondary market ticket broker.

The correct Tower Theater link is here:
http://concerts.livenation.com/event/02004AFF8C7E5FBF

You can also find VIP packages for all the shows here:
https://vipnation.com/tours/brian-wilson-and-jeff-beck/2013/
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2013, 01:58:29 PM »

The actual prices aren't too bad. I may reconsider. These ticket re-sellers are tricky bastards. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2013, 04:47:57 PM »

Poseur.

And it's, "Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?"
Sorry, I was referring to Gary Coleman's later commercial praises for some fortune teller on tv.

And really?
A Poseur? Hanging out on a Smiley board?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 04:53:45 PM by punkinhead » Logged

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2013, 05:09:30 PM »

The first part of the tour was in IL and OH, I live in Indiana.…Ive certainly felt the frustrations of how they haven't came to this part of the states that much in the past 13 years, maybe, Handful of times.

Plus, the last date on the Brian/Beck shows is in Ohio, partially Midwest I think. Granted, a very Far East Ohio venue.…I highly doubt I make because of time and money. But i was at the Kettering show, so I'm not complaining.

Yes, Akron is just a little east of Des Moines, yes.  Razz

I also live in Indiana but none of the show locations + dates allowed me to go. Missing the Beck / Wilson appearances are especially painful. The Midwest is poorly served but thats the way the ball bounces.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2013, 05:12:47 PM »

I also live in Indiana but none of the show locations + dates allowed me to go. Missing the Beck / Wilson appearances are especially painful. The Midwest is poorly served but thats the way the ball bounces.
Right right, I totally agree.
Did you not get to  go to the Kettering or IL shows?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Michael Edwards Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2013, 05:26:15 PM »

That's a link to a secondary market ticket broker.

The correct Tower Theater link is here:
http://concerts.livenation.com/event/02004AFF8C7E5FBF

You can also find VIP packages for all the shows here:
https://vipnation.com/tours/brian-wilson-and-jeff-beck/2013/

Thanks for the correction!  It looks better now.  So, I'm down to a choice between this and 'Made in California'.   Smiley
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2013, 05:39:22 PM »

Right right, I totally agree.
Did you not get to  go to the Kettering or IL shows?

The Ohio show was on a Thursday nite - bad timing for me, had other plans that weekend.

The Belterra would have been perfect... Wink

Necessity knows no law
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 39 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx