gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681016 Posts in 27627 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 03:51:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Due to pending litigation? Here we go again.  (Read 11150 times)
Nicko1234
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2013, 12:11:59 PM »

Mike.."I did not fire Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys. I cannot fire Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys. I am not his employer. I do not have such authority,
And even if I did, I would never fire Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys. I love Brian Wilson."

If Brian wants a band he still has one it seems. Wouldn't it be great if one day he just turns up?

It’s obviously not as simple as that. The definition of what “Beach Boys” we’re talking about alone is questionable. Mike didn’t “fire” Brian from the corporate “Beach Boys.” Brian is and has always been a Beach Boy.

But Mike holds the exclusive license to the band’s name. While the C50 tour was a unique arrangement apparently basically outside of that license, Mike did choose to move back to his own band sans Brian, Al, and David. As he holds the exclusive license to the name, one could argue that, aside from potential future moves by BRI members to change the licensing arrangements, that in the immediate, Mike’s moves essentially precluded Brian, Al, and David from being in the currently-touring configuration of the “Beach Boys.”

All Mike has said is that he would like to work with Brian, and he apparently is not ruling out more reunions in the future. I see no evidence of an open invitation to all the other Beach Boys to join his band. It’s all kind of useless guessing, as it’s not viable that they would all join Mike’s band or want to. But I’m not convinced Mike would agree to bring both Brian and Al into his touring band and let them share in the proceeds off the top like he does. Again, all useless conjecture regarding an unrealistic possibility, but if Brian, Al, and David all decided “hey, for the sake of keeping us all together, we’ll all just join Mike’s band”, I don’t believe Mike would agree to bring them on with David salaried and Brian and Al getting a cut off the top. So I don’t buy that Brian has a band “waiting for him.” If he wants to turn up and play for free or something, I would guess Mike would love that. He might even agree to give Brian a cut. But would he give Al an equal cut too, and pay to add David, all while playing these “smaller markets” that simply “can’t afford” the C50 lineup?

As far as I’m concerned, this idea that Mike’s band is ready and sitting there waiting to take in all stray Beach Boys if they’re willing, is bogus.

That doesn't make a lot of sense does it.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2013, 12:43:38 PM »

Mike HAS SAID MANY TIMES THAT "others" planned him out of what was supposed to be the next BB album and intimated or directly stated that his ambition to work with BW has been hijacked and thwarted by "others."  What is Mike talking about? This is a distinctly different perspective from Jon's that Mike walked away from further shows and a second album.  If I were Mike and they told me I could "add lyrics" to a JT/BW song as long as I wrote them in the next 15 minutes in some corner of the studio and that any hope to be alone and write with BW is off limits, then I might not want to be part of such a project either.  To what extend was Mike mistreated, alienated and sectioned off during TWGMTR? My guess is that it was to a rather great extent.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx