gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681465 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 07, 2024, 02:01:27 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BB's at TAGS NY  (Read 8760 times)
Nicko1234
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2013, 06:23:56 PM »

Please children read these forums too.

I'm pretty sure that's not true.

Judging by many of the comments in this thread it seems that children not only read these forums but also contribute most of the posts.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 06:26:02 PM »

Why should I respect M&B when they refuse to tour with the other members of the real BBs.
Listening Drinking Buddies Hello Thumbs Up w00t! Happy Dance Love Rock! High Five Pirate
oldsurferdude
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2013, 06:27:00 PM »

Please children read these forums too.

I'm pretty sure that's not true.

Judging by many of the comments in this thread it seems that children not only read these forums but also contribute most of the posts.
Child is father of the man... Wink
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2013, 06:31:42 PM »

like smile brians.
okay...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2013, 06:35:33 PM »

THey're working on doing Dennis w/ "Forever" too...I was talking to Scott Totten about it in Baltimore because I heard them soundchecking it and was afraid Stamos was there  LOL
Are they going to make a video tribute to BW since  he isn't there...

I know some people are down on the negativity of this thread but if this isn't a post of the year candidate I don't know what is?

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2013, 06:51:50 PM »

yeah, ego was hinting at you.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2013, 07:02:20 PM »

Sheesh. I don't have feelings of animosity towards Michael -- nope I really like the guy, he brings a smile to my face nearly everyday.  Grin

If he's gonna clown around, people are going to laugh. I am sure he would laugh at the ribbing he gets around here.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2013, 07:06:56 PM »

THey're working on doing Dennis w/ "Forever" too...I was talking to Scott Totten about it in Baltimore because I heard them soundchecking it and was afraid Stamos was there  LOL

Clever

LOL LOL LOL

I dont know, those images of Carl don't bother me really. Looks kinda cool / spooky

Thats Entertainment

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Nicko1234
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2013, 07:07:05 PM »

I didn`t know Brian had died. You could have broken it more gently...
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2013, 07:10:41 PM »

MIKE LOVE: "Hi, I'm Mike Love. Nobody loves a good joke more than I do. Except maybe my wife. And some of her friends. And Scott Totten. Anyway, when I was in India with THE BEATLES, His Imperial Majesty Maharishi Mahesh Yogi often spoke on the importance of laughter, and in fact shook like a bowl full of jelly. He was a spiritual Little Saint Nick, and a few hours after I gave Paul a little hint that resulted in Back in the USSR and changed his life to the point that he came in number 2 under The Beach Boys in a poll, the Maharashi leaned in real close to me and laughed hysterically in my face. It kind of smelled like curry but I understood that he wasn't laughing at everything I was saying at all, he was trying to show me that all this was that, that laughter is the goose that laid the golden egg... and the egg is rebirth, on Sunday bright yellow with kinda purple splotches on it. So learn to accept people laughing in your face, especially when you come in number one above The Beatles and The Rolling Stones."

« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 07:12:06 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2013, 07:15:08 PM »

^^^^

Brilliant.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2013, 07:19:31 PM »

Negative, schmegative. A few snaps from the touring M&B ensemble hardly qualifies as a seminal event. Just sayin'. It goes with the territory.

In the words of Murry, you gotta get out there and fight for success.  Wink Sorry you got your feelings hurt. Oooo baby baby, it's a wild world...

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2013, 08:38:04 PM »

The Mike Love picture is perfect. The genius caption couldn't be any better!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2013, 09:15:59 PM »

I know some people are down on the negativity of this thread but if this isn't a post of the year candidate I don't know what is?

Glad to be nominated. Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2013, 01:45:48 AM »

THey're working on doing Dennis w/ "Forever" too...

F*ck, really? Gettin' lame imo. Just like the Elvis The Concert. You know at first it was cool because it was new and had all the members of his old band. But then they continued with it for far too long and added peopl who never played with Elvis. Same will happen here I'm afraid. The videos were part of the Beach Boys tour and the special event that it was (probably the last Beach Boys tour ever). You don't see BAD doing this (and I hope they won't, for the same reasons I don't like Mike&Bruce do it).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 01:51:25 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Nicko1234
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2013, 02:17:48 AM »

Personally I think it`s a nice idea to remember both Carl and Dennis. Forever would be another good addition to the setlist.
Scott
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2013, 02:34:22 AM »

what Nick said.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2013, 07:05:09 AM »

what Nick said.

Dammit Totten!

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2013, 07:24:46 AM »

Agree that the Carl-only mode is a shame but good that a Dennis tribute is being worked on. To me, though, that kinda thing belongs as part of the FULL band show, the C50 line up of Al, Brian, Bruce, Dave & Michael with BW's band and M&B's heads of staff.

What I hardly dare do is think ahead, to a time when another of the band's core members has passed.  Are video tributes already being considered? Or will things finally be laid to rest then?

Otherwise the day will eventually come to pass when one surviving member is on the road with his band and spends half his show singing backgrounds to a video projection for Forever, God Only Knows, Disney Girls, Good Vibrations, Cottonfields, Little Bird or Goin' to The Beach… or Kokomo…

“We live in divisive times.”
Jason
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2013, 07:30:46 AM »

Man, it's a shame that people can't even share a few pictures of a concert without other people acting like a bunch of idiots and derailing YET ANOTHER FUCKING THREAD.

Bhw, thanks for sharing the pictures. Don't mind the kids on the shortbus who have nothing better to do than hate.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2013, 07:39:11 AM »

I see nothing wrong with what Mike & Bruce are doing. They are touring as The Beach Boys. I think it is great that Dennis and Carl are not forgotten by the group and most importantly, by the fans. Some of which may not know more than Brian and Mike.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2013, 08:00:11 AM »

Man, it's a shame that people can't even share a few pictures of a concert without other people acting like a bunch of idiots and derailing YET ANOTHER FUCKING THREAD.

Bhw, thanks for sharing the pictures. Don't mind the kids on the shortbus who have nothing better to do than hate.
Thanks for the kind words, its hard not to question the video tributes when the last Wilson isn't touring with them. Its almost like M&B are really trying to convince the average concert goers that they are the real BBs touring group at this point.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 08:05:55 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2013, 08:22:46 AM »

Thanks for the kind words, its hard not to question the video tributes when the last Wilson isn't touring with them. Its almost like M&B are really trying to convince the average concert goers that they are the real BBs touring group at this point.

Well according to the name, they are...
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2013, 08:24:41 AM »

I don't hate. I criticize. There's a difference. Of course, it's easy to marginalize those who recognize what a sham the whole M&B thing really is.

Put me down on the ledger who believe the vid tributes belong with the full band, the 'proper' band. Otherwise it's more needless self aggrandizement by Michael who really, truly, wants to be recognized as the Beeeeeech Boys.

Now THAT is something I hate. Cheapness...phony show business...I hate that.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
oldsurferdude
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2013, 08:34:04 AM »

I don't hate. I criticize. There's a difference. Of course, it's easy to marginalize those who recognize what a sham the whole M&B thing really is.

Put me down on the ledger who believe the vid tributes belong with the full band, the 'proper' band. Otherwise it's more needless self aggrandizement by Michael who really, truly, wants to be recognized as the Beeeeeech Boys.

Now THAT is something I hate. Cheapness...phony show business...I hate that.

Extremely well said. Good to see mYke luHv is finally being recognized for what he really is which is a cheezy, phony egomaniac.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx