gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 11:14:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Funniest/oddest Beach Boy moments in the studio  (Read 9127 times)
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2013, 01:04:58 PM »

Can't Stop Talking About American Girls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yC6xwlyMzY
yes these are Mikes best vocals,,,it's totally on key so I don't understand why it isn't on MIC...
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 01:06:35 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xN9DYMPngs
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »

During Mike's monologue over Heroes and Villains for the Hawaii rehearsals, you can hear Brian sing "I've been eatin' so much p**sy."
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2013, 03:46:56 AM »

Can't Stop Talking About American Girls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yC6xwlyMzY
Jeez, that's horrendous. LOL
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2013, 08:12:03 AM »

The cough in Wendy

Brian saying 'Top please (?) ' in Here Today

'Now it sounds like jewelry' Brian in Surfs Up (?) sessions

The uncomfortable seat joke by Mike (Live in London)

1976 'I'm Bugged at My Old Man' with 3 brothers, moment when Brian coughs, and they start laughing. Smiley

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2013, 08:22:25 AM »

1976 'I'm Bugged at My Old Man' with 3 brothers, moment when Brian coughs, and they start laughing. Smiley
. . while the actual highlight from that 'session' is Denny's "blew his daaaad". Grin
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2013, 10:01:03 PM »

. . while the actual highlight from that 'session' is Denny's "blew his daaaad". Grin

Yes that too!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2013, 02:33:06 AM »

"This is an example of a Motown A&R man - 'Alright Baby's, Now if everybody gets it on the first take everybody gets some c*ck'". No idea who says it but - I Know There's An Answer (1st Vocal Insert Attempts By Al)

The whole session is great actually.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 02:37:01 AM by mrmoustachioto » Logged

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2013, 04:20:22 AM »

"This is an example of a Motown A&R man - 'Alright Baby's, Now if everybody gets it on the first take everybody gets some c*ck'"...and a little pot. No idea who says it (sounds like Mike) but - I Know There's An Answer (1st Vocal Insert Attempts By Al)

Another Brian, Al and Mike situation, like Honda 55 and Girls On The Beach (early version).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 04:27:43 AM by metal flake paint » Logged

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2013, 04:44:54 AM »

"Somebody bring me a dildo and a vibrator," says Mike Love as the band embark on yet another take of ‘Heroes and Villains’.

"Somebody bring Mike a bag of money," replies Carl.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2013, 10:46:42 AM »

Al's response to Brian's question was "I feel great." He seemed to be feeling it  Brian's Trip

A man waiting for a bus on LSD?
Please, cut it down on referring to Al like that. Show some respect to one of the greatest singers ever.

As to the Wrightfan's topic, I'll nominate the recent MIC inclusion, There's No Other, as the funniest studio chatter I happened to hear.

OT question - Wrightfan, why you changed your old avatar? It was so charming, with some funny gzel toy. The current picture is boring, that guy looks like a weirdo & a loser. No offense, just my humble aesthetic opinion.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
ThyRavenAscend
Smiley Smile Associate

It is nice.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2013, 11:43:07 AM »

The cough in Wendy

Ah, yes! Always makes me laugh a bit hah.

'Now it sounds like jewelry' Brian in Surfs Up (?) sessions

Jewelry as in "A diamond necklace played the pawn..."  I hadn't realized how thoughtful Brian was to SMiLE's lyrics until I heard this session take and made the connection.  Smiley

1 Corinthians 1:18-31
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2013, 04:07:58 AM »

Can't believe no-one's mentioned the flat-out all-time undisputed BB in the studio moment - the 'session' for the tag of "All I Want To Do".  Bow Thud Ahhh!

Also, Brian asking Carol to "whack off on your bass"... much hilarity ensued.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2013, 04:02:52 PM »

Al's response to Brian's question was "I feel great." He seemed to be feeling it  Brian's Trip

OT question - Wrightfan, why you changed your old avatar? It was so charming, with some funny gzel toy. The current picture is boring, that guy looks like a weirdo & a loser. No offense, just my humble aesthetic opinion.

Wrightfan's current avatar ain't boring at all. If you knew about America's favorite pasttime, baseball, then you would know immediately who it is in that picture. He was one of the best baseball pitchers of all time, #41 Tom "Terrific" Seaver of the New York Mets.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2013, 12:26:09 PM »

Wrightfan's current avatar ain't boring at all. If you knew about America's favorite pasttime, baseball, then you would know immediately who it is in that picture. He was one of the best baseball pitchers of all time, #41 Tom "Terrific" Seaver of the New York Mets.
Late but in-time response: I love America & am very interested in its culture, but baseball is the last thing I'd be all ears about. I once tried to watch this game on TV & didn't get anything from it. Still, thank you for the info, Mikie. I'll use this knowledge for crosswords.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2013, 01:54:31 PM »

The Brian farts into the mic/piano Smile outtake

I used to have this somewhere. Is that take still out there? I would love to hear it again.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2013, 02:37:03 PM »

Can't believe no-one's mentioned the flat-out all-time undisputed BB in the studio moment - the 'session' for the tag of "All I Want To Do".  Bow Thud Ahhh!

Also, Brian asking Carol to "whack off on your bass"... much hilarity ensued.

Where can I hear the 'Whack off' quote?

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2013, 03:25:33 PM »

Salt Lake City sessions, Sea Of Tunes Unsurpassed Masters Vol. 9, Disc 2.

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY5xuqh4Q6w

and

Wasn't it released on the Hawthorne CA. CD as "Salt Lake City (session highlights)" ?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2013, 04:32:59 PM »

Wasn't it released on the Hawthorne CA. CD as "Salt Lake City (session highlights)" ?

Yes.

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2013, 12:43:02 AM »

Late but in-time response: I love America & am very interested in its culture, but baseball is the last thing I'd be all ears about. I once tried to watch this game on TV & didn't get anything from it. Still, thank you for the info, Mikie. I'll use this knowledge for crosswords.

if it isn't already, "I'll use this knowledge for crosswords" needs to become a recurring catchphrase.

Please delete my account
humanoidboogie
Smiley Smile Associate

deer

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2013, 12:04:02 AM »

The "Banana & Louie" session is pretty interesting. Listen to it or you won't get your Batman ring!
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2013, 10:51:07 AM »

One thing that's odd to me is that Brian seems to be in a rather and uncharacteristically tetchy mood on the first (Pet Sounds era) Good Vibrations session.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx