gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:22:11 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's my birthday and...  (Read 4001 times)
Jurrasic Mark
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2013, 01:11:10 PM »

Do I have the best girlfriend?

She pre ordered me Made In California and got me the adult/child vinyl bootleg.

I guess all my rambling to her about the boys is paying off! Smiley
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 01:31:11 PM »

That sounds awesome. Does she like the band as well or bought those for you only?

Anyways, have a happy birthday and enjoy the listens.
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 01:32:47 PM »

Happy Birthday, Mark!
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 01:35:03 PM »

Damn! Happy Birthday!

Jurrasic Mark
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 01:35:27 PM »

That sounds awesome. Does she like the band as well or bought those for you only?

Anyways, have a happy birthday and enjoy the listens.

She's not really a fan but likes the band, came to the 50th show. Just for me though. Smiley

Thanks for the birthday wishes!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 02:05:44 PM »

Bless her! Many happy returns  Smiley

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
MBE
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 02:07:40 PM »

Which vinyl is it, the one with the drawn cover or the fire hat cover? The latter has some sweet bonus cuts.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 02:09:06 PM »

Just outta curiosity, why do you want the Adult Child bootleg on vinyl? I know it was the first bootleg release in the mid-80's (after cassette tapes were circulating) but you know those tracks have come out in better quality on CD's and Flac downloads since then, right? Do you just like the album artwork or do you think the vinyl will sound better or you just like vinyl? Just curious.

Happy Birthday.  All you have to do now is get Lei'd in Hawaii.  Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 02:11:57 PM »

HAPPY B-DAY!! - and yes, that's a damn fine girlfriend.

Just outta curiosity, why do you want the Adult Child bootleg on vinyl? I know it was the first bootleg release in the mid-80's (after cassette tapes were circulating) but you know those tracks have come out in better quality on CD's and Flac downloads since then, right? Do you just like the album artwork or do you think the vinyl will sound better or you just like vinyl? Just curious.
Maybe just to own the record as an 'object', if he's a collector?
MBE
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 02:15:36 PM »

I think an LP of Adult Child is super cool because it can stand as a 1977 "what if?" type of deal.
Jurrasic Mark
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 02:19:03 PM »

It's the fire hat vinyl. Looks amazing too!

I have a good quality cd version.. Who doesn't love vinyl though? It's just another bit of history and one for my collection Smiley
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 02:19:10 PM »

Happy Birthday.  All you have to do now is get Lei'd in Hawaii.  Grin

I'm pretty sure the CDs are sourced from this vinyl ! (at least the fire hat vinyl ... haven't heard the other one)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:20:01 PM by DonnyL » Logged

MBE
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 02:23:27 PM »

It's the fire hat vinyl. Looks amazing too!

I have a good quality cd version.. Who doesn't love vinyl though? It's just another bit of history and one for my collection Smiley
AMEN
It sounds pretty good, if not perfect. Plus a lot of the boot CD's were sourced from this or the tapes it was made from.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 02:41:42 PM »

Very good chance the CD's that came out after the vinyl were sourced from the original vinyl release (or a cassette before that). If you hear a click or a pop you can be sure it was the vinyl. I've never A-B'd them, but I'm sure of one thing - I've heard better quality versions of those songs since then. Maybe Long Lost Surf Songs, Journals, Dumb Angel, or wherever, but there are better sounding tracks out there, at least to these ears.

And how could you do without back cover artwork of "Brian's back"?

And if you're going to collect the original vinyl boots, you gotta pick up the 4 or 5 Smile releases, Landlocked, California Feeling, Made In USA, Christmas album, New Album, the Honeys box set, Bamboo, Brian Loves You, Hawthorne Hot Shots.......etc.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 02:46:44 PM »

my guess is the 'Adult Child' vinyl boot was sourced from a 1/4" 2-track 7.5 ips tape (perhaps a copy of a copy) ... I don't think any of the subsequent CDs had access to anything better than this tape.

it's fully sequenced w/ proper fades, etc ... which means that there was a full studio master prepared for the album ... I think the boot was sourced from a record company exec, studio employee or band member, etc. take-home dub.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:48:16 PM by DonnyL » Logged

Jurrasic Mark
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 02:50:17 PM »

Love the back cover "Brian's Back"

What's the story with the "Brother Records" that released this boot then?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 02:57:09 PM »

"Brother Records" is not the source for the bootleg, trust me. It's just part of the artwork.

Brad Elliott knows the tape source(s) for those 80's bootlegs.  And P.R. too, who ran Jackalope Records there for awhile.

Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 03:46:53 PM »

Nothing beats a perfect birthday than falling asleep to the sound of A/C 'Hey Little Tomboy' on vinyl!
Congrats  Smiley
Jurrasic Mark
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 12:42:47 AM »

Nothing beats a perfect birthday than falling asleep to the sound of A/C 'Hey Little Tomboy' on vinyl!
Congrats  Smiley

I'd be scared to do that, would have dreams about shaving legs etc..

Yeah I know it's not the real "Brother Records" just wondered who put it out, guessed a record exec or someone. I know bands used to deliberately release bootlegs. I wish they would put it out properly.

Got most of the original albums on vinyl from my dad but not a lot of bootlegs. My dad has a great collection of vinyl and Beatles bootlegs. Some really great stuff!
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 02:32:34 AM »

yeah, but did she make you this?  Wink

just kiddin'... if you're smart you'll tease her, please her tonight  Smokin

Happy Birthday! i just celebrated my 40th.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 02:50:57 AM by bossaroo » Logged
SonicVolcano
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 05:29:56 AM »

A bit late, but happy birthday! Awesome gifts Smiley
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 01:05:26 PM »

I just noticed something from a couple of the posts above.

What do you mean "fire hat vinyl". Does the vinyl depict a fire hat or is it fire hat red?

If I remember right, my original Adult Child boot is black vinyl.  Is there a colored one too?

Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 01:23:05 PM »

Happy birthday!  Grin

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
Jurrasic Mark
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 02:43:34 PM »

I just noticed something from a couple of the posts above.

What do you mean "fire hat vinyl". Does the vinyl depict a fire hat or is it fire hat red?

If I remember right, my original Adult Child boot is black vinyl.  Is there a colored one too?

It's a picture of Brian wearing a fire hat and no shirt. Looks like the picture is from the right period...
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2013, 02:57:27 PM »

The actual vinyl album has that artwork or the cover has that?

Unless I'm mistaken, if the vinyl itself has that artwork, I think it's a reproduction of the original boot. Unless there was a limited edition run. Been awhile since I looked at mine, it's in storage, but I don't think it has the firehat artwork on the vinyl. I bought mine when it first came out in the 80's, and it's just black vinyl. Now if you're talking about the record label...........

Maybe someone else can chime in here with their input on this.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx