gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 01:35:24 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Moderation issues and concerns  (Read 10746 times)
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2013, 01:19:08 PM »

Having been moderator on a messageboard that was slightly larger than this one, I know that sometimes decisions need to be made quickly. I also know most moderators are not banhammer-happy and, most of the time, if the actions of a given poster are such that they trigger a gut feeling that banning is the right decision, then banning IS the right decision. Moderators usually are reasonable people.

And it happens to be the case here - so far I have had zero complaints with the moderation team. They are doing a flawless job as far as I am concerned, and knowing all the different kinds of people that use this board, you should be glad the moderators are doing their job the way they do it. It couldn't be significantly better. And it could be so. much. worse.

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
Jason
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2013, 04:23:59 PM »

Sometimes the "voting" thing is just asking for more trouble. What if, say, we put the dude with his masturbatory gore pictures up to a vote after hours on end? Sometimes that sh*t can't be put to a vote and measures need to be taken.

Sorry, but when it comes to the overall health of the board, I'll take a poor gut decision over a reasoned decision a day later.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2013, 08:18:44 PM »

I will say that as of yet, there has not been a suspension/banning that was carried out that didn't have support from the other mods. Our approaches may be different, but generally end up on the same side of the fence. If there has been a disagreement (mild), it has been because of not going far enough rather than too far. Personally, I'd rather err on the side of caution rather than being too harsh, so no worries.

Some of the other forums I've been to....um....yeah. I've been to some sites that were only slightly less policed than the Soviet Union was back in the day.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx