gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 12:25:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goin' To The Beach  (Read 27686 times)
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2013, 02:19:18 AM »

well i like the live version ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM6_LVL_ZKk )

Cant wait till i hear the studio version with all the BB's on it. That may even sound better.

Thanks to Mike we can hear the song already before the MIC is released.

This is off course my opinion  Razz
SonicVolcano
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2013, 02:22:57 AM »

The song is catchy and certainly a lot better than some of the songs on KTSA, but it's still mediocre.

Maybe maybe Big Sur will be a hidden track. Maybe. Maybe not.
MBE
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2013, 02:59:40 AM »

My pre order number won't go through. I guess I can wait.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2013, 03:08:09 AM »

Somehow I'm really curious to hear it, as apparently it is a summertime classic. Grin

Does it have any bits of interesting instrumentation (synth, percussion, detuned piano, you name it)?
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2013, 03:19:45 AM »

Just going by that KTSA program, and the recent performances from Mike and Bruce, it seems like a pretty decent song. It's got those cool Some Of Your Love sounding chords in the chorus.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2013, 04:38:32 AM »

Somehow I'm really curious to hear it, as apparently it is a summertime classic. Grin

Does it have any bits of interesting instrumentation (synth, percussion, detuned piano, you name it)?

don't hold your breath!
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2013, 07:22:02 AM »

Just going by that KTSA program, and the recent performances from Mike and Bruce, it seems like a pretty decent song. It's got those cool Some Of Your Love sounding chords in the chorus.
Its really NOT interesting or cool. It's a horrible hack song with zero soul. The saxes are the tiniest bit okay-ish. It sounds like a crappy 70's movie song, or like a joke song from Top Secret, but not as good.

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2013, 07:26:03 AM »

Its really NOT interesting or cool. It's a horrible hack song with zero soul. The saxes are the tiniest bit okay-ish. It sounds like a crappy 70's movie song, or like a joke song from Top Secret, but not as good.

Fantastic!  Wish I could hear it!

Rich Panteluk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2013, 07:35:47 AM »

Me Too STE!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2013, 07:45:36 AM »

Which 1975-1992 Mike Love song are we talking about? Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2013, 08:42:51 AM »

Would like to hear ir aswell!!

MBE
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2013, 09:08:57 AM »

Was able to hear it. Looses a lot of the fun Brian and Mike had with it around the piano. Brian should have sang the low parts harmonically. Not bad, but not one I would pick over other earlier material.
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2013, 10:07:07 AM »

i think this will be a song that the fans will like or not.

I must say i like it a lot.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2013, 10:15:43 AM »

Whether you like it or not, to me it does sound a like a Beach Boys version of "The Rutles" took a stab at it.  LOL

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2013, 10:56:33 AM »

What smart-ass remark?  I was merely trying to characterize the now-prevailing attitude on this board.  Sure, there are a few dissenters, but to many, MIU is the new Pet Sounds, Pitter Patter is the new Good Vibrations, Mike is the new Brian and basic is the new complex.  Eventually, keepinthesummeralive.net will be the new smileysmile.net.

Well, I'm calling it now.

July 23, 2013. 6:28:29.
The most ridiculous thing ever said on this board.

Nope, this still is:

My first Manson wrote listen a very beutifull song sung by one Willium Axl Rose . A song called look at your game girl. Axl in fact became completley obsessed with manson. He wore a shirt very often with various masnon themed frazes, ie charlie dont surf!

Fair enough, he was very fkd up.

But, he did have a very eatherel sence of song. A song that only, in my mind, has no fear. He, and in every sence of the word had balls. His was a world of confusion, but his lyrics speak out to me.

Bottom line though, FUM HIM THE MOURDOROUS BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praise him and you are as bad as I am!

Im in no way religious, infact I hate the whole god fad. But I still feel like Ive sined for praising MANSON.

Cheers

Barry

PS     http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=424310

Him write English good.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Jason
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2013, 11:02:10 AM »

I think that will go down in the annals of interwebs history as the greatest thing ever posted on this board.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2013, 11:12:43 AM »

I think that will go down in the annals of interwebs history as the greatest thing ever posted on this board.

The "Bring Back Barry!" campaign starts here people.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2013, 11:14:56 AM »

Fantastic!  Wish I could hear it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ezurnMDfIo

Man, this song is stuck in my head..  Catchy as hell.  If this came out in 1963, so many here wouldn't have such a problem with it.
Narf.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 11:19:53 AM by TV Forces » Logged
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2013, 11:25:54 AM »

Also sprach Mikethustra!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2013, 11:35:54 AM »

To tell you the truth I expected more from that song.
Why? LOL It was called "Goin' To The Beach" all along and it's a Mike song from 1979. Wink I, for my part, am pleasantly suprised.

And yes, that Mike lead vocal is definitely vintage.

I think even a '79-Mike could've come up with better stuff than this (remember his great "I don't wanna know" from around the same time?). The chorus is cool, Mike's singing much better than usual for this time, the verses are sick and are at least as unfitting as the "It's a beautiful day"-part in "Beaches in mind".

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2013, 11:36:34 AM »

Also sprach Mikethustra!

Ein HeldenLoven to the Beach

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2013, 12:09:42 PM »

Pretty much rips off two songs, Heartache Tonight and Runaround Sue. Boring, repetitive. Lyrics could have been written by a 15 year old. Goin to the beach to meet my girl? On the plus, production sounds good and the song sounds loads better than the recent live version.

And it was in the vaults so good it's out and some people are enjoying it. Personally, I am tempted to make an analogy to a bowel movement.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
gfac22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2013, 01:34:43 PM »

Fantastic!  Wish I could hear it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ezurnMDfIo

Man, this song is stuck in my head..  Catchy as hell.  If this came out in 1963, so many here wouldn't have such a problem with it.
Narf.

Thumbs Up Thank you for posting that!  I agree, catchy as all get out.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2013, 01:35:49 PM »

You're absolutely right. I already put it on a comp - right after "Drivin" and "Desert Drive"...
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2013, 02:10:37 PM »

You guys keep forgetting that "Heartache Tonight" (aka "Hooortay Tuh-nyght") is a horrible song by a horrible band.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx