gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 12:38:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello . . . from Illinois  (Read 2432 times)
mlanoue
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2013, 03:08:42 AM »

Hi, everyone.  I've been lurking for a few months, but have finally decided to officially join the board, because my wife and I are going to the BAD show at Ravinia this Friday and it just seems like the right thing to do!  I'm 41, have obviously been aware of the Beach Boys my entire life, but unfortunately never took them seriously until last year.  For years, though, I've known that some of my favorite bands were admirers of the BBs--like the Beatles and Apples in Stereo, but I was always too cheap and lazy to actually go out and pick up a copy of Pet Sounds to see what all the fuss was about.  Finally, with the releases of the Smile Sessions and then TWGMTR and my joining Spotify, I could indulge my curiosity and listen to album after album!  I wish I had done this a long time ago.  Now, I have to buy the actual discs! 

My 8 year-old daughter absolutely loves "Heroes and Villains" and, really the whole SMiLE album--the 2004 version mostly.  I'm still transfixed by Pet Sounds, mostly.  And, I've actually never hated "Kokomo," either.  Though I remember when it was brand-new and I was riding with my friend to High School. I thought, "Kokomo is in Indiana.  Whoever wrote this is dumb." 

Anyhow, I still have a lot to learn, but I'm learning it here.  So, thanks!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 03:12:31 AM »

It's quite rare to have a fan of the Apples who wasn't a BBs fan first or discovered the Apples through Brian Wilson's music. Smiley

Welcome to the board! And have fun at the BAD gig!
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 03:16:13 AM »

Welcome mlanoue, and enjoy your undoubtly many future visits on this board.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx