gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 09:20:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Youtube video/audio: "Paul McCartney interviews Brian Wilson"  (Read 5329 times)
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2013, 11:01:02 AM »

. .  although Macca is not really interviewing Brian. It seems to be cut together from a 90s radio show.

You basically get Macca talking about Brian and "Pet Sounds" and Brian talking about Macca and "Rubber Soul". Same old, same old, in that regard.

+ What's cool is Brian singing quite a bit of "Hey Jude" (starting at 4:15 mins).
+ He also remembers meeting Macca for the 1st time in 1967 and being very nervous about it. Derek Taylor and Marilyn were there and Macca played them "She's Leaving Home". 1967 as the year of their first encounter - is that true? Brian doesn't sound 100% sure himself.
+ Some thoughts on his friend/relationship with Macca.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:18:15 AM by Lowbacca » Logged
MBE
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 11:52:01 AM »

I think Brian may have been last to "Meet The Beatles" as he wasn't on the road near as much. I know the Beatles (Paul especially) were fans of "All Summer Long" in reading one of their old interviews by Earl Leaf.
Heteronym
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 05:03:41 PM »

Geez, it's funny how Brian's voice had different phases. He is incredibly younger in this video (well, obviously, as it was 17 years ago, but it's still much more jovial than his voice in 00').

And he looks very conscious. Almost no sluriness at all.
BergenWhitesMoustache
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 05:17:25 PM »

you know what would make this thread way, way cooler? Linking to the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2_oa3t724I

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 02:49:15 AM »

you know what would make this thread way, way cooler? Linking to the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2_oa3t724I

You're right, I didn't think about that. Smiley Now people can access the video directly from here, instead of searching it on Youtube. Heureka!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 06:14:36 AM »

Geez, it's funny how Brian's voice had different phases.

It is, isn't it? His voice has the exact characteristics of his leads on the Paley tracks from that same year. Some kind of high pitched gruff nasalness with a good emotional expression. Gruffer and more nasal than on BW88, higher pitched and more nasal than his 70s voice for instance.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 09:04:08 AM »

Really,  REALLY, love this. Thanks!

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 09:06:21 AM »

(blows bass harmonica)

I flipped!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 07:53:24 AM »

If I recall, that radio show consists of 15-17 discs. Regarding The BBs/BW, I only have mp3 of the segment with YSBIM. It was news to me, because I only knew about Paul's admiration of GOK. The concept is intriguing, I like the idea.

It's totally fresh to hear Brian on Hey Jude & With A Little Help from My Friends, as well as playing the sustained ending of A Day in the Life. This is all new to me. That said, Hey Jude's horrifying; Brian destroyed it by his extremely nasal & out-of-tune singing so that it's almost intolerable. Maybe shift it to the lower key if you can no longer hit the high notes or feel nervous performing this Beatles song? And there's definitely nothing scary about the "na-nana-nananana" screams. More like a drag going on forever. With A Little Help's done good, but then again, the song itself is fab. The She's Leaving Home story is old, but I would never think that Marilyn (or anyone else, for that matter) could show signs of crying to it. I mean, it's one of the most optimistic songs ever written!

Now, Brian's comment re girls liking Paul the most of 4 sort of cracked me up - gotta love his jokingly cunning way of complementing Paul. It's an axiom that Ringo had the largest amount of fans, since he was literally loaded with their letters. The famous evidence is in AHDN.

In short, great non-interview (I say this coz it doesn't sound like interview at all, just separate memories)! Thanks for the link, BWM! Already downloaded. (Sorry, Lowbacca, didn't get the humor of making up a topic without posting a YT link to that.)

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx