-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:03:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  "I Hereby Resign in Protest Effective Immediately" U.S. soldier leaves military
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "I Hereby Resign in Protest Effective Immediately" U.S. soldier leaves military  (Read 8193 times)
Jason
« on: July 17, 2013, 05:13:31 PM »

https://www.commondreams.org/view/2013/07/16-5

I don't envy the response he will get from the AMERICA f*** YEAH crowd, what with their semen-stained flags, Bibles, and Constitutions and all that. But it's about time someone takes a stand like this. It needs to be done.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 05:28:15 PM »

Another example of people going against the American current:

President Jimmy Carter comes out in support of Edward Snowden

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/nsa-affaere-jimmy-carter-kritisiert-usa-a-911589.html

Translated:

The Obama administration tried to placate Europe's anger over spying programs. Not as ex-President Jimmy Carter: The Democrat attacked the U.S. intelligence sharp. The disclosure by whistleblowers Snowden was "useful."

Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter criticized in the wake of the NSA Spähskandals the American political system. "America has no functioning democracy," Carter said Tuesday at a meeting of the "Atlantic Bridge" in Atlanta.

Previously, the Democrat had been very critical of the practices of U.S. intelligence. "I think the invasion of privacy has gone too far," Carter told CNN. "And I think that is why the secrecy was excessive." Overlooking the NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden said Carter, whose revelations were long "likely to be useful because they inform the public."

Carter has repeatedly warned that the United States sharply declined due to excessive restriction of civil rights, their moral authority. Last year he wrote in an article in the "New York Times", new U.S. laws "never before seen breach our privacy by the government" allowed the.

Carter was the 39th President of the United States, who ruled from 1977 until 1981. During his tenure, he tried to align U.S. foreign policy that is more about human rights - after his retirement from active politics for his humanitarian work, he received the 2002 Nobel Peace Prize.

In Atlanta, he also expressed his overall pessimistic about the global situation. There is currently no reason for him to be optimistic, Carter said, referring to the situation in Egypt, which had fallen into a military dictatorship. He also lamented the growing political divide in the United States, the excessive influence of money in U.S. election campaigns and the confusing American election rules. The ex-president whose "Carter Center" operates worldwide including election monitoring, announced skeptical whether the United States, the standard that applies when reviewing the Center of elections might be fulfilled.

As a bright spot, however, Carter called the triumph of modern technology that would have caused some of the countries of the Arab Spring of democratic progress. Exactly these developments but are endangered by the NSA Spähskandal as major U.S. Internet platforms such as Google or Facebook lose credibility worldwide.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Jason
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 05:31:13 PM »

There was also a former Republican U.S. Senator from New Hampshire, Gordon Humphrey, who wrote Snowden personally and commended him for his actions.

Of course, on the Snowden issue, it's ironic that the man with a Nobel Peace Prize is pursuing a man who has just been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 05:46:29 PM »

I don't agree with the soldier, he took an oath to serve the USA in a volunteer army. Sounds like he is disgruntled with his low rank and job.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 05:58:45 PM »

There was also a former Republican U.S. Senator from New Hampshire, Gordon Humphrey, who wrote Snowden personally and commended him for his actions.

Of course, on the Snowden issue, it's ironic that the man with a Nobel Peace Prize is pursuing a man who has just been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.

That's good to hear. This whole thing is outrageous, and the media seems to care more about the whereabouts of Snowden than the actual information he is releasing. I'm glad former higher-ups in the government are coming out in support...helping to shed light on an issue that is being swept under the rug.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Jason
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 07:00:56 PM »

I don't agree with the soldier, he took an oath to serve the USA in a volunteer army. Sounds like he is disgruntled with his low rank and job.

He woke up and realized that he doesn't want to be like his fellow suckers.
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 08:32:17 PM »

Yeah, what a terrible guy for realizing he doesn't want to be a hired killer and having the guts to say so. Like, remember when you took that one job and realized it sucked so you quit? Bad Apple.

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 08:36:18 AM »

Mmm-hmm.  A paradox reached have we?  Sort this all out, we must.

The question is:  At what point does "doing your job" make you part of the problem? Clearly, when you witness something like the German concentration camps during WWII, you know that nasty thing called MORALITY ( Wink damn you bible!) trumps your superiors love of the Furor.  But outside of the baby-killing factories operated by the American LEFT, we're not there yet.

However... there's clearly a problem with the federal government today.  Barrack Obama is a bad man.  Erik Von Holder is a bad man.  The US Senate is a "Star Wars bar scene" of bad, bad men.  Hillary Clinton is a bad man.  And Nancy Pelosi is a whore.   LOL LOL LOL

It's easy to see what's going on if you understand the design of the Modern Progressive movement.  It has infiltrated both parties, all three branches, the media and your child's preschool and even the higher "education camps" we used to spend big money on, to send our still uneducated kids to, to smoke pot, drink beer and have premarital sex with fellow educated college sluts -- doped up on free B.C. pills courtesy of Sandra Floozy and her band of cheap, paid for Leftist whores.  We are in new territory as a nation.

There's not enough information to make the call on this particular case.  Maybe this person saw something like an abortion clinic being run and operated by the US military, perhaps for the noble cause of lowering the population to end poverty  LOL.  

You just never know.  And this is the answer.  The Modern Progressive movement wants uncertainty.  Distrust of institutions.  Decay of society.  Riots in the streets.  I mean there's two ways to storm the castle right?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 08:40:46 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: