gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:55:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: We Got Love  (Read 3451 times)
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2013, 07:23:35 PM »

NHC's wife too?  Oh, Norm!  Say it ain't so!

Believe me, it ain't so. And I still don't like Steamboat.
Bill Ed
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2013, 05:32:29 PM »

I rarely post anything negative about the Beach Boys' music, and I really feel bad for doing it in a thread where people are professing their love of a record or song that I don't like. So please, take no offense.

I dislike the preachy lyrics of We Got Love, and the record was dated the day it was recorded. I find it underwhelming musically.

I think Warner Brothers was wise to reject it. In its place we got Sail on Sailor. A good trade if you ask me.

And trading Steamboat for We Got Love? Surely you jest!  Smiley
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2013, 11:01:26 AM »

I rarely post anything negative about the Beach Boys' music, and I really feel bad for doing it in a thread where people are professing their love of a record or song that I don't like. So please, take no offense.

I dislike the preachy lyrics of We Got Love, and the record was dated the day it was recorded. I find it underwhelming musically.

I think Warner Brothers was wise to reject it. In its place we got Sail on Sailor. A good trade if you ask me.

And trading Steamboat for We Got Love? Surely you jest!  Smiley

I'm not jesting. Roll Eyes  I don't like Steamboat.  Embarrassed I like We Got Love.  Smiley Seems to me all three of these mentioned songs could have been included, then we'd each have one to skip over.  Grin

As for the previous comments about my wife, it's useful to know she once at age 22 threw a Hell's Angel in full regalia out of a sporting goods/liquor store where she worked, for opening a can of beer he had just purchased, which was illegal. He came back later and apologized and warned the rest of the boys he brought with him that Miss Ruth was in charge and anybody who gave her any trouble would be answering to him.  Dennis would have been lucky to escape with two black eyes and a broken wrist, from either Miss Ruth or the aforementioned motorcyclist. Cheesy
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx