gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680855 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 05:28:26 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian, Al, and David Tour 2013  (Read 38901 times)
Nicko1234
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2013, 06:40:35 PM »

Damn Bruce Johnston and his magic Casio !

LOL

Oh boy...I went for a swim and enjoyed the evening...Andrew, I'm sorry things got so ridiculous...I just didn't know when to stop! I stand by what I said, but I should've let it go at some point. Hope everyone enjoys the show tomorrow night...can't wait to hear about it, I KNOW it'll be great! I'll tell ya'll how Mike and Bruce do...

Very classy of you. (I mean that genuinely)
lukpac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2013, 06:53:54 PM »

Do I? Maybe it's because I'm the ONLY person in this thread looking at things logically and not being swooned over by the aging genius that wrote the material as he barely scrapes his way through his own back catalog.

Or you have an agenda that's blinding you.

I'm definitely an outsider when it comes to the BB universe, but I'm going to jump in and say you're nuts if think those synths sound anything close to real instruments. I suppose you could fault them for trying to stick to the original arrangement too closely, but for me the arrangement of God Only Knows by Brian's band smoked those by Mike's band.

As for the vocals, well, both Brian and Bruce sounded pretty bad. And so did Sir Paul for that matter. Aging is a bitch. That isn't a flame, it's just the way it is. See also: Pete Townshend, Stephen Stills, Burton Cummings, Elton John, etc, etc.

Brian's goal in the '60s was creating teenage symphonies. Arguably his band does that, albeit nearly a half century on.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2013, 12:36:21 AM »

LOL

Oh boy...I went for a swim and enjoyed the evening...Andrew, I'm sorry things got so ridiculous...I just didn't know when to stop! I stand by what I said, but I should've let it go at some point. Hope everyone enjoys the show tomorrow night...can't wait to hear about it, I KNOW it'll be great! I'll tell ya'll how Mike and Bruce do...

Very classy of you. (I mean that genuinely)

Also classy of the way you apologise to someone who is personally insulting and swearing at you.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2013, 03:00:08 AM »

LOL

And I apologise for the insults. That said, publicly calling for people to lose their jobs -- not because they've done anything wrong, but just because you think those jobs shouldn't exist -- is a pretty horrible thing to do, and you shouldn't be surprised when people get angry at it. I shouldn't have risen to the bait though.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2013, 04:33:18 AM »

I wonder if I have ever seen the persons in a quarrel make up afterwards on this board. Keep your faith in mankind! Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2013, 05:02:04 AM »

I wonder if I have ever seen the persons in a quarrel make up afterwards on this board. Keep your faith in mankind! Smiley

It happens. I *think* that every time I've lost my temper (not often, but once or twice) on the board I've apologised, and I know others have apologised to me when they've behaved badly... people are usually not all that bad.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2013, 05:22:07 AM »

It happens. I *think* that every time I've lost my temper (not often, but once or twice) on the board I've apologised, and I know others have apologised to me when they've behaved badly... people are usually not all that bad.
Exactly! Hey, sh*t happens, right? Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2013, 10:53:11 PM »

Just Back in from the Pittsburgh show. As good as if not better than BB50. I have some great photos from the front row to share but I keep getting a message that the upload folder is full. I've decreased the size and they still won't upload. any help?

Set list from the Pittsburgh show July 21, 2013:

Set 1

California Girls
Catch A Wave
Dance, Dance, Dance
Girl Don't Tell Me
Little Deuce Coupe (Al)
In My Room
Surfer Girl
Don't Worry Baby
Then I Kissed Her (Al)
Please Let Me Wonder
Darlin' (Darian)
Old Man River
Cotton Fields (Al)
Little Bird (David)
Our Prayer
Heroes and Villains
Do You Wanna Dance
I Get Around

Set 2

Do It Again
Hawaii
Summertime Blues (David)
Let Him Run Wild (Jeffrey)
Your Imagination
Goin' Home
That's Why God Made The Radio
California Saga
Sail On Sailor (Scott)
Marcella
Pet Sounds
Wouldn't It Be Nice
Sloop John B
God Only Knows (Brian)
Good Vibrations

Encore

All Summer Long
Help Me Rhonda (Al)
Barbara Ann
Surfin' USA
Fun, Fun, Fun
Summer's Gone

Dave burned it up on guitar. Al sounded great as did Brian. On stage banter was great. The rain came early but stopped before showtime. Nice large crowd I believe.

I'll post about the meet and great experience later.

I'll still try to upload some photos.

This is not the BAD Tour. This is the Brian Wilson 2013 Tour with special guest Al Jardine and David Marks. (They need to make this a permanent thing)

I think Al and David really made a difference. I thought I was watching the Beach Boys. Hey, wait, I WAS watching the Beach Boys. Mike and Bruce were 'no shows'.  Roll Eyes

send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2013, 11:15:46 PM »

Alan Jardine LITERALLY drowned in bras tonight, and will therefore be excused from the rest of the BAD tour.

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2013, 11:44:23 PM »

SEE?!?! SEE?!?!?!

Sincerely,
Cassandra Complex
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2013, 12:00:16 AM »

Alan Jardine LITERALLY drowned in bras tonight, and will therefore be excused from the rest of the BAD tour.

sluts.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2013, 12:05:47 AM »

I have some great photos from the front row to share but I keep getting a message that the upload folder is full. I've decreased the size and they still won't upload. any help?

Hello SloopJohnnyB. Attaching them doesn't really work on this board, but copy-pasting an url-link does. Try an upload service on the internet for those pictures.  For instance www.tinypic.com or www.photobucket.com

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 12:12:48 AM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Nicko1234
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2013, 12:44:26 AM »

I Get Around from Atlantic City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32srqWL4jHo

All Summer Long in Pittsburgh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPVOt0ceTVw

Summer`s Gone in Pittsburgh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3UuysDQAVs

Al would be a better choice for I Get Around imo.

The All Summer Long video is unforgiving.

Summer`s Gone sounds better but Brian is being very obviously doubled.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2013, 12:48:22 AM »

Al could be lost forever under a C-cup, sounds like he did well to survive the evening

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2013, 02:34:55 AM »

I Get Around from Atlantic City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32srqWL4jHo

All Summer Long in Pittsburgh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPVOt0ceTVw

Summer`s Gone in Pittsburgh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3UuysDQAVs

Al would be a better choice for I Get Around imo.

The All Summer Long video is unforgiving.

Summer`s Gone sounds better but Brian is being very obviously doubled.

mmm i feel sorry for Brian, looking at the video's off all summer long and summers gone. I think its time for Brian to say goodbye from touring and only make studio records. He seems really uncomfortable to me.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2013, 03:27:55 AM »

Well that settles it, then. No more touring for Brian -- and Mike can ascend to his rightful place in the hierarchy as the only touring BB. Whew. Thank God our long national nightmare of seeing Brian play life-changing concerts is over.
Heywood
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2013, 03:46:46 AM »

The people who went reckon it was great, the people who didn't reckon it's crap and Brian should stay home.

Sounds about right.

Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2013, 04:03:19 AM »

It's newsworthy and notable when Brian looks comfortable.

Caretaker in an aesthetic prison of my own dimension.
Nicko1234
« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2013, 05:20:23 AM »

Well that settles it, then. No more touring for Brian -- and Mike can ascend to his rightful place in the hierarchy as the only touring BB. Whew. Thank God our long national nightmare of seeing Brian play life-changing concerts is over.

Surely other people are entitled to an opinion.
Ted
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2013, 05:21:37 AM »

Surely other people are entitled to an opinion.

Who's claiming otherwise?
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2013, 05:30:32 AM »

I think we should draw lots to find out who gets to take Brian home and look after him now we've decided he shouldn't tour any longer.  I have had a lovely room ready for several years, specifically for this day, full of china dolls, steaks and super big cuddles… ever since my days on the Blueboard. I know exactly what's right for him, even if he doesn't…

“We live in divisive times.”
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2013, 05:32:04 AM »

Gotta love the bloo "caring" for BW..... LOL LOL LOL LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2013, 05:45:55 AM »

I have been going to see Brian since since 1999 and except for the Smile Tour he always looks uncomfortable and stoic up on stage. That's just Brian being Brian. This is why I think it is great having Al and Dave taking some of the pressure off MC-ing the show.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2013, 05:53:37 AM »

i have seen brian 3 times and the first one in 2004 was the best. His band is great and Brian Always looks like he doesnt want to be there but....he Always could carry a tune for 80%.

Looking at the video's he sounds like he cant carry a tune for 40%. 
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2013, 05:55:40 AM »

And yet he completely nailed, say, The Gershwin record  live when I saw him. And those aren't easy songs to sing!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx