gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 11:47:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crowded House  (Read 4341 times)
Matinee Idyll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2005, 02:34:35 PM »

Apologies about posting this here and the Smile shop, it really should have maximum exposure Smiley

Neil Finn is a New Zealander. Neil Finn is a a songwriter. Neil Finn had this said about him by one of the Beatles:

"I wish I could write songs like Neil Finn... For my money, one of the worlds greatest living songwriters"
- Direct Mis-Quote from Sir. Paul McCartney

Well, y'can see right there something that Neil Finn and Brian Wilson share (apart of course from an impecable sense of melody, the ability to literally breathe heart breaking emotion while startling you with new and innovative chord progressions, and harmonies to die for)

Formed by Neil after the breakup of the zany Split Enz (New Zealands finest Neoclassicosmoidalcosmeticmental rock group), The "Crowdies" became one of the most respected bands to spring from the Southern Hemisphere. They scored a worldwide Number 1 hit with "Dont Dream It's Over" (the "Hey Now, Hey Now" song), and many of you may have heard other tunes of theirs, "Weather With You", "Something So Strong", "It's Only Natural", "World Where You Live", "Into Temptation"... the list of amazing tracks is endless.

For those of you into downloading, please acquire "Private Universe", one of the greatest songs ever written (and my favourite Crowdies song) Along with this, "Fall at Your Feet" is another brilliant one with surprising chord changes and heavenly harmonies, "Don't Dream It's Over" from their first album, and "Better Be Home Soon" from their second...

Neil Finn (guitar), Paul Hester (Drums), Nick Seymour (Bass) are one of the finest trio's ever to grace the world of popular music, and we're all the better for it.

If you're up for albums, a copy of "Woodface" or "Together Alone" or their best of (giving a nice career span, though many brilliant tracks are left off) would be your best introduction to the band.

I wouldn't normally say this, but it's best with the Crowdies to start at the end of their career (with Together Alone) and work backward to Woodface, then Temple of Low Men, then the debut...  Y'might be scared off by the early 80's productions (Despite the fact that the bands are still great).

I'm no good at selling bands to people, but it is an absolute travesty that Neil is not more widely recognised in the Smiley Smile place.  Please, listen... listen... listen.
Jason
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 02:36:06 PM »

Sure, I dig Crowded House.
LaurieBiagini
Smiley Smile Newbie

Songwriter/Singer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 02:32:52 AM »

Ice will melt, water will boil
You and I can shake off this mortal coil
It's bigger than us
You don't have to worry about it
Ready or not here comes the drop
You feel lucky when you know where you are
It's gonna come true
Here in your arms I remember
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 02:34:47 AM by LaurieArleen » Logged

Check out my music on my website: http://www.myspace.com/lauriebiaginimusic
Matinee Idyll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 02:57:08 AM »

It's only natural my dear Laurie Wink
Boxer Monkey
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 01:46:43 PM »

Damn! Cuz we don't get enough 'a' yere Crowdededde Housse thred o'er 'n that Smille Shoppe, now we gotta git more 'a' thet here 'n iddition ta yere faggey av'e'tarre!

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 01:54:27 PM »

Grin

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx