gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681378 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 05, 2024, 06:12:55 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ESQ photo book?  (Read 1096 times)
MBE
« on: July 09, 2013, 04:22:37 AM »

I have been looking over my issues of ESQ. I have most issues (if not all) going back to 1987, and since 1996 or so they have been publishing some great photos. My question is will we ever see a really good rare photo book from the ESQ archives? I mean the stuff they have used often hasn't been seen elsewhere.
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 08:55:58 AM »

Hey Mike - Interesting you bring this up, as I've actually said the same thing to David.  I have enough photos in my personal collection (including a number of previously unpublished ones) to fill up several issues of ESQ, plus Dave has gigabytes of images that he's received from Capitol and other sources.  And Brian Berry generously gave ESQ access to his photo archives, which includes the whole Brian-and-the-Boys-playing-baseball photo shoot.  Stay tuned!...

Lee
MBE
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 10:07:27 AM »

Cool to hear it has been talked about. Just the sheer number of photos I would love in book form is amazing when you look the issues one by one.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 08:53:05 AM »

Lee, I think that a high majority of ESQ readers (and even those of us who have been remiss in keeping our subscriptions current at all times...!) would be seriously tempted to purchase such a volume if you guys were to publish it. Next to the music, photos of the band (in any and all contexts) are the most important link for all of us, for both those who were around in the "glory years" and for those who want to immerse themselves in the visual record. And you'd be continuing the wonderful trend of terrific BB books that have been appearing over the past few years. Go for it!!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx