gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 03:55:10 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MIKE LOVE WANTS BRIAN WILSON BACK IN THE BEACH BOYS  (Read 33757 times)
Nicko1234
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2013, 10:10:53 PM »

I never heard about the symphonic tour controversy and I'm not sure whether to agree with Mike about Al being "antagonistic" (after all, didn't Brother sue Al first for using the Beach Boys name on tour?  I never heard about any other lawsuits) but the relationship between Mike and Al seems to be even more complicated than that between Mike and Brian.

I think it was a little naive of some people last year to have believed that suddenly Mike and Al had put all their issues behind them and that they were getting on famously.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2013, 10:41:33 PM »

And, maybe he's a professional who doesn't throw a hissy fit when the producer decides not to use his submission. It's all part of the job.

I don`t know. I like Al but he was kicked out of The Beach Boys in the early 90s and when he toured with Brian a few years ago he got kicked off that too. I think he`s capable of hissy fits too.

Maybe Al learned from his mistake.
Well I think Brian has realized how good Al's voice is now. He sorta needs Al more these days.

I think the C50 turned Brian on to more of the idea of being in a band instead of being a 100% solo artist. It's just that Brian wants final say in the band, and that's why things didn't work out with Mike and his manservant Bruce.
For sure. And if Al is a good soldier, Brian will happily use Al's voice.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2013, 11:30:05 PM »

Forget Brian for a second, this statement from Mike flies in the face of Al's recent comments:

http://www.theticker.tc/story/q-a-with-beach-boys-guitarist-al-jardine

Fact is somebody (s) is spinning the truth here, that is for sure.

How come nobody is tearing Al apart over this thing? Brian and I this and Brian and I that and we're the heart and soul blah blah blah.

Despite the various ways to spin it, until this recent alleged comment from Mike about Brian ending the reunion tour, everybody including Mike, Brian, and Al have agreed that it was Mike that chose not to continue the reunion. What's to tear Al apart over? That he's painting a picture now of he and Brian? I don't get it. I know you've had it in for Al for at least 15 years now, to the exclusion of criticizing Mike or Mike's actions, but what in the world should we "tear Al apart" over?

Despite being a founder member and a BRI member Al is in the same boat as David Marks as in he needs either Brian or Mike to stay in the big time. It's clearly not going to happen with Mike so why shound't he hitch his wagon to Brian Wilson?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2013, 11:46:59 PM »

Six pages on this? This is the Daily Star, people, it's not renowned for quoting people accurately. As has been pointed out plenty already.

Please delete my account
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2013, 12:27:43 AM »

Yeah but the thread has Mike Love in the title. Thats Gold here!

MIKE LOVE WATCHES PAINT DRY!

There....thats another page right there.
Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2013, 12:34:00 AM »

Yeah but the thread has Mike Love in the title. Thats Gold here!

MIKE LOVE WATCHES PAINT DRY!

There....thats another page right there.

The paint was going to take 50 minutes to dry, but they extended it to 74.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 12:36:49 AM by Kurosawa » Logged

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
zachrwolfe
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2013, 01:35:42 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:58:21 PM by zatch » Logged
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2013, 05:12:20 AM »

Yeah. This is getting traction in the news feeds. I have criticized Mike over the C50 split. If it was Brian, I owe the Luvster a big apology.

"If it was Brian" - do you need one good guy and one bad guy? This isn't black and white, it's grey. I defended Mike for the irrational hate against him, I'd defend Brian too if suddenly he was seen as the sole culprit. This is not intended as a personal attack against you, Oregon, what you wrote only seemed the same in inverse to me.

Mike got a ton of concessions on the album with a solo song from 1978, beach songs with Brian, and a producer credit.

So you imagine Mike going in there saying "I'll be on the album but only if there are beach songs on it"? Am I remembering wrongly that "Beaches In Mind" was Brian's idea and Mike was only asked to write some lyrics tp that title? If anyone knows for sure, please speak up.

Forget Brian for a second, this statement from Mike flies in the face of Al's recent comments:

http://www.theticker.tc/story/q-a-with-beach-boys-guitarist-al-jardine

Fact is somebody (s) is spinning the truth here, that is for sure.

How come nobody is tearing Al apart over this thing? Brian and I this and Brian and I that and we're the heart and soul blah blah blah.

Because they couldn't find anyone Al's size. Evil

It's still not unreasonable or undoable or an outlandish desire to want to sit down with your own cousin and write some songs.

If your cousin happens to be known as one of the greates songwriters ever. Personally, I have no desire to write songs with any of my cousins. I would prefer writing with Brian. Grin

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2013, 06:49:01 AM »

Mike is one of the people Brian needs around him

What!??

Not hard to see why Love wants to write "alone" with his cuzin. That would assure him of  co-writing credits without anyone else invovled. At all costs Brian's "people" should prevent this from happening. And if it did occur SIP-type dreck would likely be the output of such a thing.

Love is not only a miserable miserly solider of fortune he has no qualms whatsoever saying so (in his own sly way that is). Transparent.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2013, 12:26:28 PM »

What!??

Not hard to see why Love wants to write "alone" with his cuzin. That would assure him of  co-writing credits without anyone else invovled. At all costs Brian's "people" should prevent this from happening. And if it did occur SIP-type dreck would likely be the output of such a thing.

Not necessarily.

It might even be as bad as "The Private Life Of Bill And Sue"! Grin

zachrwolfe
« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2013, 12:42:58 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:58:06 PM by zatch » Logged
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2013, 01:34:32 PM »

What!??

Not hard to see why Love wants to write "alone" with his cuzin. That would assure him of  co-writing credits without anyone else involved. At all costs Brian's "people" should prevent this from happening. And if it did occur SIP-type dreck would likely be the output of such a thing.

Nah, Brian wasn't even involved with SIP. I believe if they wrote together, at least the music would (probably) be good, with Brian in charge. But why have Mike write lyrics if he's just going to talk about all the hits they had in the 60's (and 1988....)?

Oh the SIP bit was more of a joke -- however I do question Mr. Love's  motives -- "follow the money" may fit very well to the bit about him lamenting he couldn't write any songs with Brian one on one. That would put more money in his pocket or provide grounds for future ligitation, etc.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2013, 02:16:48 PM »

And, maybe he's a professional who doesn't throw a hissy fit when the producer decides not to use his submission. It's all part of the job.

I don`t know. I like Al but he was kicked out of The Beach Boys in the early 90s and when he toured with Brian a few years ago he got kicked off that too. I think he`s capable of hissy fits too.

Maybe Al learned from his mistake.
Well I think Brian has realized how good Al's voice is now. He sorta needs Al more these days.

I think the C50 turned Brian on to more of the idea of being in a band instead of being a 100% solo artist. It's just that Brian wants final say in the band, and that's why things didn't work out with Mike and his manservant Bruce.
LOL "Mike and his manservant Bruce." LOL

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
oldsurferdude
« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2013, 02:26:34 PM »

What!??

Love is not only a miserable miserly solider of fortune he has no qualms whatsoever saying so (in his own sly way that is). Transparent.

High Five Rock! Happy Dance w00t! Thumbs Up laugh
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2013, 12:44:05 AM »

So anyway, backstage at Henley last night, I asked Mike if what the Daily Star reported about the end of the C50 tour was true, and he told me it was. Apparently, there is proof.

So, now you know.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2013, 12:53:35 AM »

Why would Mike want to write with Brian out of greed? There's comparatively little money to be made in song publishing for new songs, at this point in history. I doubt Joe Thomas got rich out of his co-writes with Brian on TWGMTR, nor did Brian, for that matter.  It's more a matter of pride and bragging rights.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2013, 12:56:09 AM »

So anyway, backstage at Henley last night, I asked Mike if what the Daily Star reported about the end of the C50 tour was true, and he told me it was. Apparently, there is proof.

So, now you know.

And was he more specific about the happenings/timeline?

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2013, 12:59:10 AM »

So, now you know.
I love how you just casually threw that into the conversation. lol  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2013, 01:09:09 AM »

http://www.rttnews.com/2148711/mike-love-wants-brian-wilson-back-in-the-beach-boys.aspx?type=ent

Every article on this Daily Star interview has different information.

"Speaking with the Daily Star, Love says the disbanding was misconstrued by the press:"I don't know how that sacking controversy started. I'd love to work with Brian again. The anniversary tour was originally 50 dates, and got extended to 73. At that point, Brian said: 'No more dates for us, please."

However, Al Jardine claimed that Love was the impetus behind the split in a Facebook post which included a petition to return he, Wilson and David Marks to the band.

Now Love says Wilson at least is welcome back: "I'd very much like to get in a room, just him and I, to write more songs. We've always had a special chemistry. I'd like to do that more than anything
."

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2013, 01:10:09 AM »

So, now you know.

Where did he lag the final blame for … well, everything?!

And I saw a pic of him and his wife earlier on Facebook backstage at Henley with some guy dressed as either James Bond, the Earl of Longleat or a waiter. Can you help with a name?

Boy, how the other half live!

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2013, 01:14:25 AM »

http://www.rttnews.com/2148711/mike-love-wants-brian-wilson-back-in-the-beach-boys.aspx?type=ent

Every article on this Daily Star interview has different information.

"Speaking with the Daily Star, Love says the disbanding was misconstrued by the press:"I don't know how that sacking controversy started. I'd love to work with Brian again. The anniversary tour was originally 50 dates, and got extended to 73. At that point, Brian said: 'No more dates for us, please."

."

That one.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2013, 01:17:48 AM »

So, now you know.

Where did he lag the final blame for … well, everything?!

And I saw a pic of him and his wife earlier on Facebook backstage at Henley with some guy dressed as either James Bond, the Earl of Longleat or a waiter. Can you help with a name?

Boy, how the other half live!

I steered well clear of that dude - looked very shady... way too much hair.

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2013, 01:55:20 AM »

quote author=Andrew G. Doe link=topic=15886.msg382345#msg382345 date=1373528645]

So, now you know.
[/quote]
I'd like to see that proof because I am completely confused. You have verified Mike's statement that now 100% contradicts his own letter to the LA Times, not to mention his press release that preceeded it.

"As the year went on, Brian and Al wanted to keep the 50th anniversary tour going beyond the 75 dates." - Mike Love

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/oct/05/entertainment/la-et-ms-mike-love-beach-boys-on-brian-wilson-20121004

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2013, 01:59:40 AM »

So, now you know.
Funny, I missed this part on your backstage Henley post on Brian's board.   Grin

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2013, 02:01:40 AM »

So, now you know.
Funny, I missed this part on your backstage Henley post on Brian's board.   Grin

No need. Big Brother is watching us. Big Sister too...  Thumbs Up

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx