gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680780 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 07:45:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cast of new biopic  (Read 5624 times)
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 12:15:05 PM »

Judging by the casting, this movie is gonna blow chunks!

Why don't they just cast Justin Bieber as Dennis Wilson in The Drummer.  LOL

the actors are slightly too good looking for this. Dennis would never approve of these prettyboys being the faces of the beach boys in the 21st century. However lets not judge what may be a rather nice film by this alone!

Dano was still a good choice and Carl isn't too bad imo. Al and Mike are far, far too good looking. Dennis isn't good enough looking. They need a real surfer hunk for this.
Perhaps this is part of Myke Luhv's attempt to rewrite history where he was the lead singer as well as having all of Dennis' looks and hip credentials.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 12:18:33 PM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2013, 01:20:48 PM »

I think they're all fine except Graham Rogers as Al. I just can't see it.

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2013, 01:55:42 PM »

Actually, that last photo of him looks more like Al than the other ones. You've just sold me on him!  LOL

Oh well, I could care less what any of them look like, as long as they can act the part, I'm good with the casting.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
SenorPotatoHead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2013, 01:58:16 PM »

Actually, the actor cast as Dennis should switch roles with the actor cast as Al (and vice versa).  
With the right hair, clothes and acting ability (the only one here that rings a bell for me is Dano) it might just be okay.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2013, 02:25:17 PM »

The originals:

And the guy who is to play Al:

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2013, 02:38:54 PM »

So, this is Van Dyke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=quppZeNV3f0
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2013, 03:03:54 PM »

god, who listens to this crud?
Pacific Coast
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2013, 08:48:50 PM »

What makes "The Beach Boys" different than a boy band is that boy-bands are manufactured commodities, whereas the Beach Boys was (at its inception) an organic phenomenon: brothers, cousin, neighbors making music, singing about their adolescent lifestyles and they captured the fancy of the worldwide public with some good management and easy promotion.

They were not "pretty boys" but good-looking in their own way, very American and distinct, and it was the quality of the music itself that made the band, especially after the initial launch.

Boy bands are very calculated productions designed to appeal to the repressed sexuality and fantasies of school-girls and the music is by-the-numbers formula with a definite expiration date: the first time I heard a One Direction song (not by choice), it seemed like a retread of the nineties (Compare: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fndeDfaWCg and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1xs_xPb46M); these guys didn't know each other until a casting call for a TV show, so there's a very calculating factor happening that makes it very different from a sing-along in the living room that became a successful family business.

I am very curious to see how the biopic is produced: from the actors involved now, it seems like a blatant attempt to market "The Beach Boys" in a way that makes them visually-competitive among a young generation. I suspend judgment until I see the final product, but its looks like blasphemy so far...
Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2013, 08:52:55 PM »

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2013, 09:37:42 PM »

This better be a joke, goddamnit.

A discipline daddy.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2013, 09:58:17 PM »

Notice that first domain name...

http://www.celebrityteenscoop.com/2013/06/21/schneider-lands-movie/

http://www.nickutopia.com/2013/06/20/max-schneider-signs-on-for-love-mercy-movie/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_and_Mercy_(film)
beacharg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2013, 10:22:22 PM »

What makes "The Beach Boys" different than a boy band is that boy-bands are manufactured commodities, whereas the Beach Boys was (at its inception) an organic phenomenon: brothers, cousin, neighbors making music, singing about their adolescent lifestyles and they captured the fancy of the worldwide public with some good management and easy promotion.

They were not "pretty boys" but good-looking in their own way, very American and distinct, and it was the quality of the music itself that made the band, especially after the initial launch.

Boy bands are very calculated productions designed to appeal to the repressed sexuality and fantasies of school-girls and the music is by-the-numbers formula with a definite expiration date: the first time I heard a One Direction song (not by choice), it seemed like a retread of the nineties (Compare: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fndeDfaWCg and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1xs_xPb46M); these guys didn't know each other until a casting call for a TV show, so there's a very calculating factor happening that makes it very different from a sing-along in the living room that became a successful family business.

I am very curious to see how the biopic is produced: from the actors involved now, it seems like a blatant attempt to market "The Beach Boys" in a way that makes them visually-competitive among a young generation. I suspend judgment until I see the final product, but its looks like blasphemy so far...

This is a great post, I totally agree.
These kind of things, like the excesive auto-tune in the BBs last works, are giving me the chills (in a very bad way).
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2013, 11:14:32 PM »

A great quote from my dad when I was a kid:
"The kids may come for the show, but they only stay for the music. Only the music can live forever."

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx