gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:02:28 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Radiant Radish t-shirts  (Read 26096 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2014, 11:04:48 PM »

Next I'll try to get a Radiant Radish onesie on a cat!!    Grin
Had to look up the word "onesie". Lovely idea, bring it on!
May I ask - is it suitable to print the logos on any other type of clothes than T-shirt? Like a vest, cardigan, plain shirt, golfs, beret? Just curious, as I only see T-shirts having various signs, inscriptions & pictures on them when going to markets.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2014, 11:40:16 PM »

It should be mandatory that if you buy a RR t shirt, you post a photo in the User Pictures Thread.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2014, 02:42:32 AM »

It should be mandatory that if you buy a RR t shirt, you post a photo in the User Pictures Thread.
Caption "RRA1 is wearing an RR T-shirt" reads cool. Like an angry little puppy language. On a serious note, I never bought anything online, so I've no idea how to do that, as unbelievable as it may sound.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2014, 08:27:34 AM »

This page that's selling the t-shirts, Society6, is adding new stuff all the time, like shower curtains and rugs and clocks... and they do have sweaters and wife-beaters and some variety of shirts.  But I don't foresee them adding vests or berets Smiley

If you want to buy any of my stuff online, I'd be happy to help, it's not that complicated!   Grin   But you would need to sign up for that page and create an account and stuff. 
Foster's Freeze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 06:44:12 AM »

Check it out, even babies are wearing it!!!  Smiley 

That's awesome!  Grin

Mike's not a Hawthorne boy. The Hawthorne guys stuck together. The Wilsons and I always had a special bond. We felt like we were a team.
NickandthePassions
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2014, 06:26:21 PM »

Bought one of these today.  Looking forward to all of the second looks I'll get.  Maybe I won't get the, "Is radiant radish a drug or something?"

"Living a dream
Don't wanna sleep
Might miss something"
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2015, 02:16:29 PM »

Del,  I bought one of these a few years ago and have just found this subsection of the Board.  I am going to order more but I would also love the baby version. I don't see it on the site, only men and women's.  Have they stopped doing them?
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2015, 07:28:15 PM »

I just paid rent so maybe I shouldn't buy one right now, but that is a RAD design and I WILL buy one, eventually Grin

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2015, 08:20:48 AM »

I want a "Pity about Mike Love" t-shirt.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2015, 02:32:46 PM »

Del,  I bought one of these a few years ago and have just found this subsection of the Board.  I am going to order more but I would also love the baby version. I don't see it on the site, only men and women's.  Have they stopped doing them?

Hi Mike!  Yeah, Society6 has unfortunately discontinued their onesie line.  But, they're always adding and removing and changing things up, so I bet it'll come back sometime in the future. 
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2015, 02:33:43 PM »

I just paid rent so maybe I shouldn't buy one right now, but that is a RAD design and I WILL buy one, eventually Grin

Yay, thanks!!   Grin
Scaroline No
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2016, 06:39:15 AM »

Hey, I'm new here and I know this is an old topic but I just wanted to tell you that after stumbling across this I immediately bought one  Smiley So rad...(ish, lol). Can't wait for it to arrive!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2016, 06:46:01 AM »

Hey, I'm new here and I know this is an old topic but I just wanted to tell you that after stumbling across this I immediately bought one  Smiley So rad...(ish, lol). Can't wait for it to arrive!

Hi SCZ and welcome! I do like your Rothko avatar...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Scaroline No
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2016, 07:24:39 AM »

Thanks! Real photo of the real deal at MoMA! My favourite place in all the world...
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2016, 07:49:15 AM »

Thanks! Real photo of the real deal at MoMA! My favourite place in all the world...

Wow. My wife was lucky enough to visit MoMA in the late '70s. And there's been a recent Rothko exhibition in The Hague which we both visited. Unfortunately it was very busy, so there wasn't much chance to immerse oneself in the paintings----too much noise and too many heads in the way!

By a curious coincidence, the painting in my avatar is also in the MoMA collection:

http://www.moma.org/collection/works/80419?locale=en 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
Scaroline No
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2016, 08:24:19 AM »

Wow. My wife was lucky enough to visit MoMA in the late '70s. And there's been a recent Rothko exhibition in The Hague which we both visited. Unfortunately it was very busy, so there wasn't much chance to immerse oneself in the paintings----too much noise and too many heads in the way!

By a curious coincidence, the painting in my avatar is also in the MoMA collection:

http://www.moma.org/collection/works/80419?locale=en 

Nice! I'm not super familiar with de Chirico's work but I like what I'm seeing.  I'll have to get a good eyeful of that one next time I'm at MoMA. Any reason is a good reason to go back to NYC! And by the way, love the quote in your signature. I'm a huge Bowie fan, even had a "Bowie Project" going for awhile. I'll probably revive it when the Lazarus cast album comes out with his last recorded tracks on it. Squeee!
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2016, 08:28:12 AM »

Might order the RR tote bag. Cool.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2016, 10:59:27 AM »

We saw a big Rothko retrospective in Houston, TX last December, as well as the Rothko chapel there.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2016, 12:51:11 PM »

We saw a big Rothko retrospective in Houston, TX last December, as well as the Rothko chapel there.

The Rothko Chapel must be an extraordinary experience in real time.

(I've been through it virtually at the Hague show but that's hardly the same.) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZZ0DYIkaP8 

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2016, 06:23:27 PM »

The experience of the real, physical space of the Rothko Chapel is much different than that video. It's octagonal, and there are sets of panels on the majority of the walls. The panels are very dark, painted in toned blacks and brown, very different from Rothko's color field paintings. You can see some variations in tone and texture. The panels are large, but the lighting is muted much more than it appears in the video, so the effect is quite subtle. (The chapel has plans to upgrade the lighting, so we'll see how that changes things, if any.)

The inside of the chapel is considered sacred space, and visitors are expected to respect others and the place. There are benches in the middle, set so you can face the front space that corresponds to a chancel area or face each wall of panels for contemplation. There's also an area set aside for meditation on the floor in the chancel space.

OK, that's enough highjacking the thread, but Rothko is interesting, especially since my hubby took a course on him to meet his 20th century art history course requirement.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 06:45:27 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx