gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680847 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 04:04:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do fans view Jack Rieley and his influence?  (Read 15446 times)
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2014, 01:42:17 AM »

AGD, do you know how involved the band was in WIBNTLA? For some reason I've always thought of it as something Dennis kept private, but that's really only because of how the song is never mentioned by the band, or folks who were around at the time like Jack Rieley. I have talked to Stanley Shapiro, and what he said seemed to imply that no one around Dennis believed in what he was doing, aside from Brian. Was it that Dennis kept the music he was doing to himself, or that the rest of the band was trying not to be involved with him? There are a lot of stories of the other band members being 'jealous' of his talent, but I've never found that to be a very believable story.

adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2014, 01:57:30 AM »

AGD, do you know how involved the band was in WIBNTLA? For some reason I've always thought of it as something Dennis kept private, but that's really only because of how the song is never mentioned by the band, or folks who were around at the time like Jack Rieley. I have talked to Stanley Shapiro, and what he said seemed to imply that no one around Dennis believed in what he was doing, aside from Brian. Was it that Dennis kept the music he was doing to himself, or that the rest of the band was trying not to be involved with him? There are a lot of stories of the other band members being 'jealous' of his talent, but I've never found that to be a very believable story.

You can hear Brian, Carl and Mike singing on it.  So they were involved to that extent.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2014, 02:00:10 AM »

Well... Brian & Carl are on bvs, so they knew about it. There's only one documented session (i.e. that I'm aware of: I strongly suspect that when c-man's sessionography hits the net, I'm in for a busy few days. Most excellent !), 5/23/71 at the home studio. So, drums & keyboards were most likely Dennis. Yeah... possible that Mike & Alan knew nothing, but their manager, who was then the lyricist for all three Wilson brothers ?  Hardly likely, IMHYEO.

BTW, and make of this what you will, "SDT" was mixed, using that title, on November 3rd 1970 (although further work was done on 7/23/71).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 02:01:46 AM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2014, 02:28:04 AM »

...YEO = "yet educated opinion"? Call this an "educated guess"! Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2014, 02:39:40 AM »

Damn close: "in my humble yet expert opinion".  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx