gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680746 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 09:12:23 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: When Girls Get Together in Advertisement  (Read 4022 times)
Bill Ed
« on: July 01, 2013, 02:07:36 AM »

I ran across this on Youtube. You may not find it interesting, but it sure as hell is obscure. I kind of like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnevl2e7jbw
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 03:32:54 AM »

I've actually been looking for that for a while now. What I'd like to know is, what do you have to type in to find something so weird and obscure?  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 05:15:35 AM »

I ran across this on Youtube. You may not find it interesting, but it sure as hell is obscure. I kind of like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnevl2e7jbw

Thanks for that.  I've always felt that that song belonged in "Women's Studies" programs because of the ways women of all ages communicate with one another, across all cultures and barriers. Genius song.  (No, not a macho car song.)  LOL

But, a cleverly interesting advertising device.

Thanks again!  I enjoyed it! Wink
Bill Ed
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 05:59:12 PM »

I've actually been looking for that for a while now. What I'd like to know is, what do you have to type in to find something so weird and obscure?  Grin

I was looking for the backing track for the song on YouTube and just searched for the song title. I was pretty surprised myself!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 07:12:34 PM »

Great find, thanks for sharing. I've always loved "When Girls Get Together; it's kind of sophisticated for a B. Wilson/M. Love song. I'm surprised Capitol Records hasn't released a comp - The Beach Boys' Commercial Songs!  Grin
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 10:54:23 PM »

That...was actually pretty nifty.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 11:14:28 PM »

TV commercials were a lot more interesting back then.  Grin

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 03:58:52 AM »

Whoever owned that 90's morphing software must have made out like a bandit - it appeared in videos for Cry (Godley and Creme), Whacko Jacko (Black and White), this ad. I imagine the ad producers only had enough cash left over ($1) to licence WGGT - a veritable snore-a-thon by any measure.

Oh, those girls!

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 08:42:56 AM »

First time I heard this song I had fallen asleep with the headphones on and woke up in the black of night with this song in my ears. It was the most surreal experience. Sounded like Smile but had a different vibe to it. Love at first listen, you might say. Seems like this track is a polarizing one among BB fandom. The commercial is great.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 09:16:57 AM »

This ad -- and the Godley and Creme thing -- were not done with computers. It's all double and triple exposures. The computer tech for such things wasn't around until the 90s.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 09:18:37 PM »

So, did anybody catch the Mona Lisa reference at 50 seconds in? Find a picture of the Mona Lisa painting and pause the video at 50 seconds in, look at the model, and tell me it's just a coincidence.  Grin

metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 02:47:22 AM »

This ad -- and the Godley and Creme thing -- were not done with computers. It's all double and triple exposures. The computer tech for such things wasn't around until the 90s.

Kevin Godley refers to it as a soft wipe in an episode of Video Killed The Radio Star.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Jason Penick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 02:27:07 PM »

That was... not anything I ever expected to see. Love it, though. More commercials should be based around Beach Boys deep cuts, I say!

SUICIDE
It only makes things worse. You can't solve anything by killing yourself. I mean, things can only get better, but if you're dead, they may not. -- Brian Wilson
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 03:34:55 PM »

Kevin Godley refers to it as a soft wipe in an episode of Video Killed The Radio Star.

Good call, my bad - memories blurring  Old Man Horrified to be reminded Cry was from '85, thought it was more recent.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2013, 05:08:53 AM »

Odd ad, though the music seems to fitting that slide-show of girls. One tiny note: at 35-6 second - the middle of the video - we see the only old lady. Rhetorical question is, was it intentional to bring her at the center or not? Like, to show what age/who's the boss? I myself have no interest in knowing it.

It's jolly good that The BBs music is involved in so many kinds of activities & fields. Who would've thought that some advert company, of all the various songs of various artists, drew attention to this obscure song of this exact band? Not me, that's for sure.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx