-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:30:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  United States "Defense of Marriage Act" is unconstitutional
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: United States "Defense of Marriage Act" is unconstitutional  (Read 2709 times)
Jason
« on: June 26, 2013, 08:16:51 AM »

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/26/19151971-supreme-court-strikes-down-defense-of-marriage-act-paves-way-for-gay-marriage-to-resume-in-california?lite

Good for now, but the state has no business in marriage. The ideal endgame should be the removal of any and all state influence over the practice.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 09:00:39 AM »

Yep.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 06:36:14 PM »

Screw marriage.... did you guys hear what else the Supreme Court ruled?!

The Supreme Court also decided that the "N_WORD" now applies to all people.  Something along the lines "it's discrimination to say that a white b-tch can't be a N_WORD."  It's "wrong" to not say "A Hispanic man can't be a N_WORD."  And yes... believe it or not "it's bigotry" - thanks to the Supreme Court -- to not be able to call a middle class, white man... a N_WORD.

Wall

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 09:34:23 PM »

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/26/19151971-supreme-court-strikes-down-defense-of-marriage-act-paves-way-for-gay-marriage-to-resume-in-california?lite

Good for now, but the state has no business in marriage. The ideal endgame should be the removal of any and all state influence over the practice.

Time to throw the rest of DOMA out the window. I'm glad at least half the justices are living in the 21st century.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 09:39:41 PM »

....double post...slow internet...

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 09:28:13 AM »

Time to throw the rest of DOMA out the window. I'm glad at least half the justices are living in the 21st century.

21st century...

"... public approval of the court has fallen to the lowest level ever recorded in more than nine years of polling."
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/supreme_court_update

Hmmm.  Is this a byproduct of the justices "living in the 21st century" as you put it?

As gov't meddles more n' more into every aspect of religious/personal/human existence, and the courts rule on it -- then yes, I have to assume this will be the result.  Welcome to the 21st century.  Good this is?   Evil

Sure.  But they ARE involved in it -- marriage and everything else.  Sometimes laws actually LIMIT their meddling.  Reference:  Bill of Rights.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:52:04 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

Jason
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 10:13:24 AM »

The Bill of Rights isn't worth sh*t if federal laws are passed which nullify the Bill of Rights.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 01:00:25 PM »

That's right.  It's only our awareness of it -- that can protect us from them.

You don't really need that 2nd amendment, now do you my boy?
Duh... which one's that?

Bear arms.  What could you possible want with a set of bear arms?
Huh... that's purrty funny.  But I think I'd like to keep my guns.

Fools!  You bitter clingers!! **POOF!** Disappears in a cloud of smoke...

Jason
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 01:16:19 PM »

See, I don't need a piece of paper to tell me what my rights are. I have the right to my life, my liberty, and my property as well as defense against those who would seek to infringe upon them.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 01:33:08 PM »

See, I don't need a piece of paper to tell me what my rights are. I have the right to my life, my liberty, and my property as well as defense against those who would seek to infringe upon them.
Well, that "piece of paper" guarantees that you don't need a piece a paper to prove that you have rights. It guarantees that those rights are inherent. Those rights that you think you have, you only have them here. Try espousing those rights somewhere else, like in Iran, then tell me you know what your rights are then. I have no issues with anybody marrying the person they love, no matter gender, but religious denominations who do not believe in it should not be made to perform or accept them. There is the "Justice of the Peace" to assume that duty, and that is a State function. What is discrimination and what is not, will be the crucial piece here as the Same Sex Marriage debate goes on.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 09:00:28 AM »

That's right.  It's only our awareness of it -- that can protect us from them.

You don't really need that 2nd amendment, now do you my boy?
Duh... which one's that?

Bear arms.  What could you possible want with a set of bear arms?
Huh... that's purrty funny.  But I think I'd like to keep my guns.

Fools!  You bitter clingers!! **POOF!** Disappears in a cloud of smoke...

Why bear arms when you could arm bears instead?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: