gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681474 Posts in 27638 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 07, 2024, 10:07:58 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jardine challenges Love to battle of the bands in explosive interview...  (Read 53751 times)
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: June 28, 2013, 10:34:17 AM »

yeah, that's about what I figured as well. What was the Landy cocktail exactly? Anybody have the specifics? What were the drugs that could possibly cause long term damage?

...and where can I get them? I want to turn my roommate into a performing drug zombie.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 10:35:50 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 28, 2013, 10:34:32 AM »

I promise i'll mow that lawn this weekend!

It's hard not to theorize tho, huh. It's hard not to think... SOMETHING HAPPENED. I think I'm just defensive after being around my grandmother a decade ago after a series of strokes over a few years and it was not a matter of droopy mouth, slur some words and look kinda babyish behind a keyboard time. Heh.
I always believed that he may have had a slight stroke, but I also understood that the meds Landy had him on was a cocktail that could do more harm than good, and almost did. I never worried about him talking out of the side of his mouth, as after seeing his mother talk like that, and even Brian doing it very early in the first Landy era, I just took that as genetics.

Even watching some footage from the 60's it seems to me Brian has always talked out of the side of his mouth.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 28, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »

You know something, I'd never wish cancer on anybody but when I heard that's what Landy died of my first thought was that the bastard got what he deserved.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 28, 2013, 10:49:08 AM »

Some years ago, maybe 5-6 years ago (?), somebody posted on this board that the drugs that Landy dispensed to Brian would not have had long term, damaging effects. Short term, of course, but not long term. I don't recall this poster's name, but he had some background in the medical field (so he said), he had some knowledge of the Landy/Brian relationship (so he said), and he came across as convincing. I wish I could retrieve his post, or remember his username, but, then again, he might've been totally inaccurate.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: June 28, 2013, 10:51:18 AM »

Yeah, I'm curious to know the details as the "Landy drugs ruined him forever" bit always sounded a bit off but I'm an ignorant idiot, so maybe there is some sort of medication that does that was unaccountably over-prescribed despite the ability to cause permanent physical damage.

Seems like the whole underlying mental issues would be the biggest problem that fame, drugs, and dad didn't help much. I wonder what the party line will become for the film and memoirs. Movies like pat narratives. The power of love destroys mental illness and drugs forever!

God, the price you pay being a public person who has a problem. Yikes. People dissecting you and thinking they have you figured out... and that's just the sympathetic ones! Sigh. This thread was a lot more fun when we were fantasizing about a battle of the bands.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 10:57:34 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 28, 2013, 10:54:27 AM »

I find it unbelievable that a forum where people will argue over the smallest piece of information or opinions, will rip on AGD. You all ought to look in the mirror before calling someone else out.

A recent typical post by poor, ripped on AGD. , "I'd be inclined to give this post more weight if only it wasn't so nearly illiterate. Get someone to show you how to use spell check. Grammar check too."

Unfortunately,  these kind of posts are all too common from him.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 28, 2013, 10:57:58 AM »

I find it unbelievable that a forum where people will argue over the smallest piece of information or opinions, will rip on AGD. You all ought to look in the mirror before calling someone else out.

A recent typical post by poor, ripped on AGD. , "I'd be inclined to give this post more weight if only it wasn't so nearly illiterate. Get someone to show you how to use spell check. Grammar check too."

For some reason the spellcheck funtion on this board doesn't work for me anymore, the window just comes up blank. Never before have my mediocre spelling skills been put to such a test.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 28, 2013, 10:58:15 AM »

I don't know much about the subject, so I should probably shut up, but wasn't Brian diagnosed with Tardive dyskinesia? Since this is a drug-caused disorder, I'd say he definitely was long-term damaged.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 28, 2013, 11:01:50 AM »

Unfortunately,  these kind of posts are all too common from him.

Well, considering we have to read through these messy-type posts, I have to agree with him. Shoot, even using 5th grade grammar & spelling would help here immensely. Take some pride in what you write and how you write it.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 28, 2013, 11:05:35 AM »

Can you drop the anti-AGD rhetoric. It is getting tiresome and you are coming across as butthurt.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 28, 2013, 11:07:26 AM »

Well, considering we have to read through these messy-type posts, I have to agree with him. Shoot, even using 5th grade grammar & spelling would help here immensely. Take some pride in what you write and how you write it.
Obviously, you are reading the board with blinders on. Just go back in this thread alone. If you think this wording of his post is ok then that says something very strongly about you.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 28, 2013, 11:08:24 AM »

Can you drop the anti-AGD rhetoric. It is getting tiresome and you are coming across as butthurt.
No, I don't like bullies. But if you are going diss me in a thread, I will answer back....otherwise, feel free to PM me.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:16:46 AM by Fake Beard » Logged

mr_oleary
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 28, 2013, 11:26:55 AM »

Who would judge that battle of the bands?  I would vouch for the applause-o-meter but if the BW band finished with surf's up people might forget to clap and just stare blankly at the stage
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: June 28, 2013, 11:30:47 AM »

Definitely go with the applause-o-meter. And Bruce Johnston in a dunk tank. JUST BECAUSE.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 28, 2013, 11:44:37 AM »

I don't know much about the subject, so I should probably shut up, but wasn't Brian diagnosed with Tardive dyskinesia? Since this is a drug-caused disorder, I'd say he definitely was long-term damaged.

That is a side effect of long term use of many anti-psychotic drugs - however, Brian turns out to not have schizophrenia so Landy was giving him the wrong drugs.  He misdiagnosed him.
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #315 on: June 28, 2013, 12:00:59 PM »

No, I don't like bullies. But if you are going diss me in a thread, I will answer back....otherwise, feel free to PM me.

'If you are going to diss me...'? Diss? Why are we all suddenly talking as if we're from the ghetto? 'Nuff respect bro.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 12:05:21 PM by Disney Boy (1985) » Logged
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 28, 2013, 12:06:43 PM »

Step off nigga before I pop a cap in yo' ass.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 28, 2013, 12:08:27 PM »

Representing The Beach Boys. Word to yo' mutha. Historical.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 12:09:21 PM by Mike's Beard » Logged

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 28, 2013, 12:14:56 PM »

'If you are going to diss me...'? Diss? Why are we all suddenly talking as if we're from the ghetto? 'Nuff respect bro.
Da kine bro.

And happy birthday to Bruce Johnston today. 71 years young.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 12:18:28 PM by Fake Beard » Logged

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: June 28, 2013, 12:21:38 PM »

The man who brought schmaltzy back! All hail Historical.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 28, 2013, 12:28:33 PM »

I was told a story by a few different sources that I can't prove so I won't print. Here all I will say is that it seems it happened during a plastic surgery to fix a check bone Murry had crushed.

Interesting. Can you tell us what year this surgery occurred?
I think it happened sometime in 1985 or 1986. There is a Paul McCartney doc Brian took part in shot in the summer of 1986. His mouth is very droopy.

I've heard that story too, as well as the plastic surgery bit. I think it was circulated pretty commonly in the BW fan communities at one point -- I started on the boards in the mid- to late-90s and believe I heard it there.
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #321 on: June 28, 2013, 12:30:27 PM »

Da kine bro.

And happy birthday to Bruce Johnston today. 71 years young.

71 eh? That's roughly one good song every 35 and a half years. Keep it up Bruce!
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 28, 2013, 12:44:34 PM »

I think most of us here will agree that much of the Beach Boys music post 70s is cheesy and uninspired, but I often wonder just how popular the Beach Boys would be if it weren't for Mike Love revisiting all the oldies.  I grew up on the Surfin Hits, and I've wondered if I would ever have discovered the more obscure Beach Boys material without this foundation.

On another note, there is much about The Boys' post 70s output that I find to be highly inspired, even glorious, such as Goin' On, Livin' With A Heartache, Getcha Back, even I'm So Lonely has its charms.

Livin' With A Heartache is just gosh darn drop dead gorgeous!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 28, 2013, 12:47:07 PM »

That hard - we're talking The Beach Boys here. Give them three decision choices and they've an unerring corporate instinct for choosing the worst one, the one that combines the least satisfaction with the highest possible damage.

This reminds me of the last line from the Jack Nicholson film, "Forget it, Jake.  It's Chinatown."

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 28, 2013, 12:47:37 PM »

Step off nigga before I pop a cap in yo' ass.

Hey, what it is, funkay dude?  What's goin' down?  Hey brotha, I'm happy, pappy, black and nappy, ain't too proud to bitch, only my momma loves me but she could be jivin' too!  Know what I'm sayin', yo?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx