gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 09:26:32 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3 (Potential) Brian Wilson LPs  (Read 31654 times)
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 25, 2013, 09:38:39 AM »

FANTASY MIKE LOVE: "Growing up in Southern California, we knew the sun itself gave off a powerful energy that often expressed itself in music. Like when I wrote the hook to Good Vibrations. I'm very glad that Cousin Brian has similarly rediscovered the California sun and is back in the studio recording music and hope he's having as much fun, fun, fun as we do on the road touring with The Beach Boys which is fully licensed and makes Cousin Brian money while he sits around at home or in this case recording for a major label with everybody else alive from the band who isn't South African or Bruce Johnston or both. Some people come up to me and say, Fantasy Mike Love, have you read the latest jumping jack news flash in Rolling Stone about Cousin Brian? Isn't it a damn shame? To those people I say: of course not. We reached the agreed upon end date and Christian Love sounds like Carl Wilson. We tried to get him to put on the beard but he said it was itchy. I'd love to write with Cousin Brian again but only if we could do it alone, in a room, stripped to the waist at Sea World. Maybe with an isolation tank.

Victims of violence and war often suffer unimaginable trauma for years, unable to find a remedy for their anguish. Like when I had to sing on Cabinessence. These experiences leave an indelible impression in the brain and lead to persistent flashbacks, inability to relate to others, constant fear, hyper-alertness, and frequent outbursts of anger. Those suffering from PTSD need a procedure that reverses this neurophysiological condition.

Transcendental Meditation (TM) is a simple, natural, effortless technique, easily learned by anyone—regardless of age, educational background, or walk of life. TM produces a unique and profound state of rest and relaxation, which eliminates stress and restores healthy, coherent brain functioning. The technique does not involve any religion, philosophy, or change in lifestyle. You may not be named Rhonda, but it sure can help you. So don't back down, find out more about TM from your local TM instructor... until then, I'm going to the beach... surf's up!"

ur on a roll.  Grin

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 25, 2013, 10:30:33 AM »

Al weighs in:

http://www.theticker.tc/story/q-a-with-beach-boys-guitarist-al-jardine
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: June 25, 2013, 10:38:04 AM »

Right on cue! Gentlemen, reheat your arguments!

Al Jardine: "We were just shocked. After all the momentum we created, that he would want to continue on alone – we didn't understand it."

Incidentally, we need to find the writer and lob burning oil at her for opening with "The Beach Boys guitarist, vocalist and founding member Al Jardine really does get around." That sort of talk is reserved for opening roundabouts!

Hmmm: "a follow-up album ready to go."

"I can understand wanting to tour with your own people, but this was our legacy as a band. To be short-sighted enough to abandon that to do your own thing – it's a shame."

A damn shame.

Holy sh*t, it just gets better. This one is good for 40 pages of fighting at the very least: "However, Brian and I decided that, heck – we're the heart and soul of this thing anyway..."

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 10:46:21 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 25, 2013, 10:42:38 AM »

"...and a follow-up album ready to go."

WOW.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
BB Universe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 25, 2013, 10:49:41 AM »

FWIW, I personally would like a BB release os opposed to a BW "only" release as I do believe that the sum is greater than the parts; but having said that in no way am I unhappy with a BW release - now or at any time!

(Now, to go see what AJ said...)
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: June 25, 2013, 10:53:41 AM »

"You know – we ought to do a contest between the two lineups. (laughs). It could be fun for fans. It would be illuminating."

Hot damn. Al "Heart and Soul" Jardine on the rampage! Lock up the women and acoustic guitars.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 25, 2013, 10:56:17 AM »

Lock up the women and acoustic guitars.

LOL

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: June 25, 2013, 11:12:09 AM »

This probably needs it's own thread to reach full screaming endless bullshit potential, I would think.

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 25, 2013, 11:21:49 AM »

So basically it was that, combined with the fact that he would have the other Beach Boys voices, that made me excited about That's Why God Made The Radio. Well anyways, I get the album and to this day, I still listen to it pretty regularly. To me it just seems like the best thing that Brian or the group as a whole has done since Brian's debut, or maybe even L.A. (Light Album). And I think the reason it works so well is that Brian brought some great songs to the table, but also equally how great Brian's songs sound with Al Jardine, Mike Love and Bruce Johnston singing them. That's what puts over the top. When Brian has these guys to work with, he has a larger palette to choose from, and it gives both the songs and the album as a whole more depth, more variety. Something like "From There To Back Again" probably wouldn't work again if it was Brian singing it straight through, but when you have Al and Brian both taking a lead, then Mike with his part and also group harmonies, it lifts it into the stratosphere. And that's just not something you can get with anybody. It's Brian Wilson writing great material and having some of the best voices around to work with.

What he said times 10,000!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 25, 2013, 06:56:42 PM »

He's entitled to his opinion but in this case I think his analysis of the situation regarding what the general public would be more interested in a new Beach Boys album versus a new Brian Wilson album might be factually correct.

Oh, I don't doubt they'd be more interested -- it's clearly the Beach Boys name (and tour, and QVC appearance) which made the difference between hitting #23 (a la TLOS / Gershwin) and hitting #3.  The bit I think doesn't stand up is the idea that Brian's solo stuff is seen as disappointing -- it's the difference between a good result and a "where the hell did that come from" surprise success...

Something worth noting at this juncture is it seems whenever the name "Brian Wilson" is brought up in a national article or press release or what have you there always seems to be someone who comes forward with legitimate surprise as to the fact that Brian Wilson is still alive.

Really?  I haven't noticed that for years, myself -- I'd think the 50th press would have put paid to that!

Cheers,
Jon Blum
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 25, 2013, 08:00:38 PM »

"You know – we ought to do a contest between the two lineups. (laughs). It could be fun for fans. It would be illuminating."

Hot damn. Al "Heart and Soul" Jardine on the rampage! Lock up the women and acoustic guitars.
Radio.com did an article and poll a number of months sgo. As it stands, 87% would prefer to see Brian, Al  and David while 10% want to see the Mike/Bruce show.

http://news.radio.com/2013/03/12/mike-loves-beach-boys-or-brian-wilson-friends-who-is-the-real-deal/

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2013, 06:56:51 AM »

Radio.com did an article and poll a number of months sgo. As it stands, 87% would prefer to see Brian, Al  and David while 10% want to see the Mike/Bruce show.

So if Brian decided to shadow Cuzin Love on his tour that might spell disaster -- for the "Beach Boys", that is.

But Im sure Brian will take extra care his tour schedule doesnt cause confilcts - why should he if he gets a cuts of BB revenue. Besides, Brian is a nice guy!

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: June 26, 2013, 07:28:04 AM »

I did not state as fact how the results of a survey would come out. I stated how I THINK they would turn out. I thought that was understood.

I for one didn't understand that. Thank you for clarifying.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 26, 2013, 07:49:33 AM »

So if Brian decided to shadow Cuzin Love on his tour that might spell disaster -- for the "Beach Boys", that is.

But Im sure Brian will take extra care his tour schedule doesnt cause confilcts - why should he if he gets a cuts of BB revenue. Besides, Brian is a nice guy!

I wonder who the general public perceives to be the leader of the C50 lineup of the band?

I'm guessing the hardcores perceive Brian Wilson to be the leader of the band which may say something as to how many on here view the M&B incarnation of the group.

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Heywood
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 26, 2013, 10:55:57 PM »

Someone tell Al the tour always had an end date and that's that! Wink

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: June 26, 2013, 10:56:57 PM »

Wiseguy!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 30, 2013, 04:49:41 PM »

Brian was at Ocean Way today, putting in some extra hours ...

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 30, 2013, 05:51:25 PM »

Brian's looking real good there.

So excited to hear what he's got up his sleeve with this record.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 30, 2013, 05:54:20 PM »

That 5 '0 Clock shadow had better be the start of an epic beard. Then there will be no doubt in my mind that he is working on Pleasure Island w00t!

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: June 30, 2013, 05:59:38 PM »

I want Brian to grow a beard again badly for some reason

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2013, 05:59:54 PM »

From the looks of said stubble, he'd end up looking like Santa Claus ...
Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 30, 2013, 08:03:58 PM »

Long as he comes through with more musical presents he can look like Santa all he wants.

Man those guys had some beards in the 70's. They were in ZZTop territory.

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2013, 08:35:28 PM »

Reminds me of this great comic strip that was posted on Brian's facebook a while back.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2013, 08:41:56 PM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: July 01, 2013, 12:12:10 AM »

I want Brian to grow a beard again badly for some reason

I want him to wear a Beatle haircut again

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx