gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 06:25:53 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why the hell is Peter Noone opening for Mike & Bruce!?  (Read 8086 times)
oldsurferdude
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2013, 07:16:23 PM »

How about M&B open for a BW show this fall. Grin
w00t! w00t! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Happy Dance Love Love Hello High Five High Five Rock! Rock!
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2013, 05:17:52 AM »

And at the end of the show Mike sets fire to Bruce Johnson, and says "Follow that" to Brian as he passes him in the wings.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2013, 06:46:28 AM »

And at the end of the show Mike sets fire to Bruce Johnson, and says "Follow that" to Brian as he passes him in the wings.
Not to be outdone, Brian then lights myKe's hat on fire and yells "weenie roast!" to everyone in the auditorium.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2013, 10:28:55 AM »

I met Peter Noone at one of those oldies shows once at the Concord Pavilian. Real down-home personable guy. You'd never know he was ever a pop star. No ego. He paid more attention to my 15 year old daughter at the time who went with me. Must have held up the autograph line for 5 minutes while he leaned over and talked to her about music and piano lessons.

He deserves to be opening for The Boys. Plus, I still like his group - I think they're called "The Hermits" or something like that.

I can't tell if people are saying he's not good enough to open, or too good to open....

When I was a teenager I went to several 'oldies' concerts... the best act, everytime was Peter Noone.  Puts on a really great show. 

Another cool thing about Peter is, you can email him at his website and he answers all his fan mail himself.  Really down to earth cool guy. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2013, 08:57:49 AM »

I met Peter Noone at one of those oldies shows once at the Concord Pavilian. Real down-home personable guy. You'd never know he was ever a pop star. No ego. He paid more attention to my 15 year old daughter at the time who went with me. Must have held up the autograph line for 5 minutes while he leaned over and talked to her about music and piano lessons.

He deserves to be opening for The Boys. Plus, I still like his group - I think they're called "The Hermits" or something like that.

I can't tell if people are saying he's not good enough to open, or too good to open....

When I was a teenager I went to several 'oldies' concerts... the best act, everytime was Peter Noone.  Puts on a really great show. 

Another cool thing about Peter is, you can email him at his website and he answers all his fan mail himself.  Really down to earth cool guy. 
While I've never met Peter, I agree with both of you, he has indeed no ego & seems very gentle & kind, from what I've seen on YT. Plus, he's a huge BW/BBs fan which says more than anything about him. Musically, he's a good singer & performer, I like his mellow-but-raspy voice. Though generally, Herman's Hermits aren't in the league of my favorite bands.

Wow, it's very rare when celebrities write every fan mail themselves. Cool to know that about Peter. Now I have even more respect for him, if it's at all possible.

To sum it up, I'm for Peter opening Mike & Bruce's show(s). The most ideal choice for them.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
PrayForSurf
Smiley Smile Associate

Pray For Surf is blogged by Phil Miglioratti

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2013, 10:12:56 AM »

I remember my complete surprise when I recognized him as the lead for the Tremblers when they opened for the Beach Boys in Chicago in 1980 ... and, BTW, Rusten and Stebbins include that show in their just released Beach Boys in Concert book.

FYI - Link to new post and link for my podcast with Jon Stebbins podcast:

http://prayforsurfblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/exclusive-podcast-with-jon-stebbins-on.html

Podcast:
https://archive.org/download/BeachBoysJuly320134/BeachBoysJuly320134_vbr_mp3.zip  Download zip file
https://archive.org/download/BeachBoysJuly320134/BeachBoysJuly320134_vbr.m3u    Download
https://archive.org/stream/BeachBoysJuly320134     Stream

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx