gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 09:20:39 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 65 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unpopular Beach Boys opinions  (Read 350509 times)
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 28, 2015, 02:14:49 PM »

Even though OCA isn't that good of an album, Brian and Van Dyke doing it on IJWMFTT is beautiful. They should've just done it like that.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1001 on: May 28, 2015, 03:07:26 PM »

Agreed, that's lovely. Would be fantastic to hear them patch things up and do that live once. Just once, so I can experience yogic levitation. Wouldn't that be a nice surprise towards the end at the Greek? Would really be somethin' special.

Then they can go back to being estranged and VDP can join "Mike Love Presents SMiLE" in an epic tour of county fairs and high school gyms where finally the mystery of the uncovered cornfield will be revealed. The answer MAY surprise you.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 07:37:44 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1002 on: May 28, 2015, 08:02:07 PM »

Even though OCA isn't that good of an album, Brian and Van Dyke doing it on IJWMFTT is beautiful. They should've just done it like that.
100% agreed

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1003 on: May 28, 2015, 08:37:12 PM »

Then they can go back to being estranged and VDP can join "Mike Love Presents SMiLE" in an epic tour of county fairs and high school gyms where finally the mystery of the uncovered cornfield will be revealed. The answer MAY surprise you.
That may actually be a good idea for Mike to do!  Seriously!  I may actually start a thread about the idea!   Cheesy
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1004 on: May 28, 2015, 08:40:46 PM »

Unpopular Opinions: I thoroughly enjoy M.I.U Album and all of Sweet Insanity.  I think the early BB albums (Surfin' Safari up to Summer Days [and Summer Nights]) are inessential at best (aside from a few standouts like Surfer Girl, Don't Worry Baby, California Girls, Let Him Run Wild, etc.).   Smiley
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1005 on: May 28, 2015, 08:46:06 PM »

That may actually be a good idea for Mike to do!  Seriously!  I may actually start a thread about the idea!   Cheesy

"That's gold, Jerry! GOLD!"

ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1006 on: May 28, 2015, 08:47:51 PM »

WHERE IS STAMOS???  That's the question! Shocked
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1007 on: May 28, 2015, 09:00:43 PM »

Operating the crow puppet barely visible behind Bruce. I'm told he's a natural.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1008 on: May 28, 2015, 11:06:31 PM »

Unpopular Opinions: I thoroughly enjoy M.I.U Album and all of Sweet Insanity.  I think the early BB albums (Surfin' Safari up to Summer Days [and Summer Nights]) are inessential at best (aside from a few standouts like Surfer Girl, Don't Worry Baby, California Girls, Let Him Run Wild, etc.).   Smiley

I happen to really love MIU, apart from Winds of Change. The Kermit the Frog voice from Al  really drags it down for me.

Onter-> that's awesome!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 29, 2015, 04:34:47 AM »

All three Beach Boy members of BRI are responsible for the non-re-reunion of 2013.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
KDS
« Reply #1010 on: May 29, 2015, 06:46:34 AM »

All three Beach Boy members of BRI are responsible for the non-re-reunion of 2013.

Agreed.

Here's one that I don't think has been mentioned.  While I don't listen to it often, The Beach Boys Party is a darn fun album to listen to. 
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 29, 2015, 07:13:52 AM »

Smiley Smile is just as much a work of genius (if not more) than Smile.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1012 on: May 29, 2015, 08:04:06 AM »

Dumb question, who are these three principle members?  Can someone clear this up for me?
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 29, 2015, 08:10:42 AM »

Brian, Michael, and Al. Carl's estate is the fourth. Dennis' estate sold his vote back to pay off debts. Bruce (I think) was a member at one point.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 29, 2015, 01:18:10 PM »

I agree. At first, however, David Leaf's liner notes for the twofer release made me feel bad about even having bought it, so it took me a while to fully appreciate its brilliance.
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 29, 2015, 01:47:19 PM »

I agree. At first, however, David Leaf's liner notes for the twofer release made me feel bad about even having bought it, so it took me a while to fully appreciate its brilliance.
  LOL   I know what you mean!

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1016 on: May 29, 2015, 02:47:21 PM »

I agree. SS was actually the first BB album I bought, and I've been a diehard ever since

Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1017 on: May 29, 2015, 04:53:51 PM »

Cheesy

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 29, 2015, 05:47:35 PM »

Wall Wall Wall Wall Wall Wall

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1019 on: May 29, 2015, 06:07:39 PM »

Okay, so more than Smile is a bit of a stretch, but I'm entitled to say agree with the sentiment that it's a work of genius, right?

Here's the funny part...back when I first got SS, almost 20 years ago, I was 2 years away from getting high for the first time. And THAT's the album that made me a fan.

Life's funny, eh?

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: May 29, 2015, 06:24:02 PM »

Okay, so more than Smile is a bit of a stretch, but I'm entitled to say agree with the sentiment that it's a work of genius, right?

Here's the funny part...back when I first got SS, almost 20 years ago, I was 2 years away from getting high for the first time. And THAT's the album that made me a fan.

Life's funny, eh?

But Billy, put yourself in my place back in 66-67 if you can for a moment. It was a Beach Boys high like no other. Your favorite band was at it's most famous peak with Pet Sounds with all it's singles all over the radio, Good Vibrations is everywhere, Brian is a rock and roll god and can do no wrong. There is talk although sparse of something big as a follow up coming down the pike, then H&V is on the radio and you say "not bad at all but not GV but can't wait to hear the rest of the new stuff and SS is released, it's taken home, put it on the turntable and you feel like a pile of homemade sh*t after one spin.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1021 on: May 29, 2015, 06:36:21 PM »

Life's funny, eh?

But Billy, put yourself in my place back in 66-67 if you can for a moment. It was a Beach Boys high like no other. Your favorite band was at it's most famous peak with Pet Sounds with all it's singles all over the radio, Good Vibrations is everywhere, Brian is a rock and roll god and can do no wrong. There is talk although sparse of something big as a follow up coming down the pike, then H&V is on the radio and you say "not bad at all but not GV but can't wait to hear the rest of the new stuff and SS is released, it's taken home, put it on the turntable and you feel like a pile of homemade sh*t after one spin.

Oh yeah, no doubt. That's what blows my mind . Of all albums. that was the one the grabbed me first. I can't imagine what my reaction would be if I had heard Pet Sounds first.

GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 29, 2015, 09:33:05 PM »

Life's funny, eh?

Oh yeah, no doubt. That's what blows my mind . Of all albums. that was the one the grabbed me first. I can't imagine what my reaction would be if I had heard Pet Sounds first.

Smiley Smile is every bit as good a listening experience as The Smile Sessions is, although not nearly as good as the 30 some-odd years of fans trying to create their own coherent versions of Smile.

catsaregrey
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 29, 2015, 10:40:22 PM »

I honestly don't understand the beef with "Shortnin' Bread"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5isCTstGgeo
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: May 29, 2015, 11:54:14 PM »

Life's funny, eh?

Yeah, but it isn't 1967 anymore. We can enjoy it for what it is now.

Please delete my account
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 65 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx