gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:35:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 65 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unpopular Beach Boys opinions  (Read 348107 times)
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #925 on: May 26, 2015, 03:51:31 AM »

I can see why the band insisted that  he choose between his solo career and The Beach Boys. I mean, he was barely functioning in the band as it was. How much more erratic would his participation have become if he had the conflicting interest of a solo career?

Yeah, but they forced him into that choice, I'd say, when they didnt put very many of his songs on their albums. Instead of pushing Brian into the studio when he obviously wasnt ready, they should have supported Dennis. We might have gotten some really great albums out of it, instead of the schlock that is 15 and the polarizing Love You (which would have worked better as a solo album anyway, I think). Dennis might have even straightened out a bit, if he felt like the band needed and believed in him. As it happens, I can understand his getting frustrated and disillusioned by them and the situation.

And here's another unpopular opinion of mine: the Manson songs should be released. Maybe not officially, but leaked online? I know it will never happen though. Still, just because the man was despicable thats no reason his music shouldnt be heard as a curiosity if nothing else. I totally understand how terrible it would look for the band to actually profit from them though.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 26, 2015, 03:58:26 AM »

Brand New Old Friends is one of the best songs any of the group members worked on after Holland...
Do you have a Youtube link for this? If not, give the info what's it.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Nicko1234
« Reply #927 on: May 26, 2015, 04:00:50 AM »

Brand New Old Friends is one of the best songs any of the group members worked on after Holland...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDXqI8XlnMs
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 26, 2015, 04:02:54 AM »

Thanks! I'll save it to my comp. Comments later.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: May 26, 2015, 04:10:20 AM »

The only ones who can be called Mr. Smile are Brian Wilson and Van Dyke Parks.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #930 on: May 26, 2015, 04:41:43 AM »

I didnt ask for the title, but now that it has been given to me I will do all I can to live up to it Grin

EDIT: I dont think VDP would deserve the title either. Even he would probably agree with me on that.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 05:12:42 AM by Mujan, B@st@rd Son of a Blue Wizard » Logged

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
[
SurferDownUnder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 26, 2015, 05:31:38 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDXqI8XlnMs

Out of interest, who is on this track?
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: May 26, 2015, 06:07:47 AM »

I didnt ask for the title, but now that it has been given to me I will do all I can to live up to it Grin

You don't live up to it. And since Mikie is banned and therefor no longer a "polite" and "honored" SS member you might wanna change that signature of yours.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 06:11:01 AM by Hamstring Hero » Logged

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #933 on: May 26, 2015, 06:18:32 AM »

You don't live up to it. And since Mikie is banned and therefor no longer a "polite" and "honored" SS member you might wanna change that signature of yours.

Frankly Im crushed, sir Cry Just devastated

EDIT: Mikie's banned??
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 06:19:27 AM by Mujan, B@st@rd Son of a Blue Wizard » Logged

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 26, 2015, 06:26:44 AM »

Go figure! I didn't say Simon Says!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 26, 2015, 07:49:05 AM »

Frankly Im crushed, sir Cry Just devastated

EDIT: Mikie's banned??
Wow, news to me too.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 26, 2015, 07:51:47 AM »

Very sad. My partner in crime will be missed. Farewell, Mikie!  Cry

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 26, 2015, 07:57:59 AM »

Mikie's gone for good? That sucks.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 26, 2015, 08:06:54 AM »

Swedish Frog, you are Mr. Pet Sounds.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 26, 2015, 10:09:42 AM »

#2   Except nobody at Capitol remembered which versions of "Be True to Your School" and "Help Me Rhonda" had been hit singles.

In the case of the former, I think it's more Capitol having a bias towards stereo for Endless Summer. A perfect Endless Summer would have been all-mono, IMO.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 26, 2015, 10:53:40 AM »

If Mike recorded a Christmas album he would call it And Less Summer.

onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 26, 2015, 11:07:57 AM »

I've only been able to listen to NPP twice. I'm a die-hard fan, but the MOR aspect embarrasses me.

I have, however, taken a few choice tracks from that and TWGMTR and made a faux-suite that elevates some of the NPP stuff to tolerability.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: May 26, 2015, 11:19:11 AM »

I've only been able to listen to NPP twice. I'm a die-hard fan, but the MOR aspect embarrasses me.

I have, however, taken a few choice tracks from that and TWGMTR and made a faux-suite that elevates some of the NPP stuff to tolerability.
Wow, someone knocking Brian off of his high horse. Well, I'll be God-damned!, as Brian himself would say. Wink Overall, NPP has some of catchiest music that Brian has made in quite some time. Some of the tracks I just can't get out of my head. It would have made a lovely Beach Boys album.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: May 27, 2015, 01:50:08 AM »

Very sad. My partner in crime will be missed. Farewell, Mikie!  Cry
You're acting like he died. What e-mails are for? Besides, you can hit up on FB. I mean, we're friends too, I've learned a lot about California from Mikie. But we all know that when you were a mod, you would not give 2nd chance to banned people, f.ex. OSD. So now you're being subjective & show your empathy, that is, think with your heart rather than brains? A bit hypocritical, dontcha find?

Edit: Next time, try not to pretend like being "objective", after that laughable "Bring Back" type of thread. It comes off fanboyish, ha.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:31:20 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 27, 2015, 05:36:24 AM »

Weren't Carl and Dennis and Brian the catalyst for becoming an oldies band in the late 70s because 15BO and its relative success compared to previous albums?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #945 on: May 27, 2015, 05:58:04 AM »

Yes, it was all totally the Wilson brothers who put a stop to Mike Love's pretentious, avant garde posturing and experimentation. Once he got Bruce to help him do twelve-tone music, the Wilsons had to step in.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #946 on: May 27, 2015, 06:01:59 AM »

Do you never tire of being devil's avocado?
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: May 27, 2015, 06:33:42 AM »

Do you never tire of being devil's avocado?

Beetroot to Your School?
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: May 27, 2015, 06:42:52 AM »

You're acting like he died. What e-mails are for? Besides, you can hit up on FB. I mean, we're friends too, I've learned a lot about California from Mikie. But we all know that when you were a mod, you would not give 2nd chance to banned people, f.ex. OSD. So now you're being subjective & show your empathy, that is, think with your heart rather than brains? A bit hypocritical, dontcha find?

Edit: Next time, try not to pretend like being "objective", after that laughable "Bring Back" type of thread. It comes off fanboyish, ha.

You sound like you're sour about something.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 27, 2015, 06:47:39 AM »

You told me on message sth. like that it's silly to create Bring/Welcome Back type of threads & now you've done it yourself. I think it's unfair & doesn't fit your former sig "Nope, just objective". You're like all of us, what you say isn't objective.

What's done is done. If the mods said he won't return, then won't. Let's quit complaining & grieving over. The board is still the same. Nothing changed.

Time to move on.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 08:16:30 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 65 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx