-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:24:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  FoxNews
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FoxNews  (Read 17032 times)
Jason
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2013, 03:30:09 PM »

I don't care what he is, the way he treated Sandra Fluke should have gotten him fired.

His advertisers didn't leave in great enough numbers to necessitate such a reaction. For the record, I did not agree with him on Fluke as far as the "slut" message. Otherwise, she needed to do like every other American - pay for her own birth control.

She wasn't making a case for herself personally, she was making a case for all women.  Birth control isn't just used to avoid pregnancy, there are women who need it for other health reasons.  You don't think they deserve to have their insurance cover that?

It depends on the insurance company. It's not a matter of what is "deserved", either. Health care isn't a right.

It should be though.  I think we can all agree on that.

I don't agree. A right does not require property to be forcibly deprived from one so it can be given to another. Health care is no different.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2013, 05:21:57 PM »

I don't care what he is, the way he treated Sandra Fluke should have gotten him fired.

His advertisers didn't leave in great enough numbers to necessitate such a reaction. For the record, I did not agree with him on Fluke as far as the "slut" message. Otherwise, she needed to do like every other American - pay for her own birth control.

She wasn't making a case for herself personally, she was making a case for all women.  Birth control isn't just used to avoid pregnancy, there are women who need it for other health reasons.  You don't think they deserve to have their insurance cover that?

It depends on the insurance company. It's not a matter of what is "deserved", either. Health care isn't a right.

It should be though.  I think we can all agree on that.

I don't agree. A right does not require property to be forcibly deprived from one so it can be given to another. Health care is no different.

Which is why our country needs a more socialized welfare to begin with.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 05:27:33 PM by Rocky Raccoon » Logged

Jason
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2013, 07:45:35 PM »

She wasn't making a case for herself personally, she was making a case for all women.  Birth control isn't just used to avoid pregnancy, there are women who need it for other health reasons.  You don't think they deserve to have their insurance cover that?

It should be though.  I think we can all agree on that.

Which is why our country needs a more socialized welfare to begin with.

All right. How do you pay for it?
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2013, 01:50:19 AM »

I don't get it, she has the money to attend a $60,000 a year law school but expects other to pay her tab so she can continue to slag around??

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2013, 06:36:40 AM »

this is why i created the sep. of church n' state thread...

Wink

I don't think birth control has that much to do with separation of church and state.  I mean, if people don't believe in birth control for religious reasons, that's fine.  Guess what?  Nobody's forcing them to use it.  It's that simple.
Seriously?  I'm pretty sure Obama was forcing the Catholic church to provide it.  I wonder if he would force Muslims to eat pork.

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2013, 08:44:01 PM »

Wink

I don't think birth control has that much to do with separation of church and state.  I mean, if people don't believe in birth control for religious reasons, that's fine.  Guess what?  Nobody's forcing them to use it.  It's that simple.
Seriously?  I'm pretty sure Obama was forcing the Catholic church to provide it.  I wonder if he would force Muslims to eat pork.

I don't think pork has any medical benefits so that's a stupid analogy.

If the church was obligated to provide birth control, I'm saying that not every member of that church would have to accept it.  Only the women who ask for it.

No person should be forced to do anything they don't want to.  But a church isn't a person, it's an organization and it should be made accessible to every person who is a member of it.

I can say with absolute confidence that there are Catholic women who use birth control.  Religion is flexible.  No single person believes in the same thing, even if they belong to the same religion.  That's just silly to think that.  You mention the church as if it were a singular person who only listens to one set of rules.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2013, 11:01:47 AM »

Wink

I don't think pork has any medical benefits so that's a stupid analogy.

If the church was obligated to provide birth control, I'm saying that not every member of that church would have to accept it.  Only the women who ask for it.

No person should be forced to do anything they don't want to.  But a church isn't a person, it's an organization and it should be made accessible to every person who is a member of it.

I can say with absolute confidence that there are Catholic women who use birth control.  Religion is flexible.  No single person believes in the same thing, even if they belong to the same religion.  That's just silly to think that.  You mention the church as if it were a singular person who only listens to one set of rules.

Hey Rock, thanks for your reply.  But my analogy was not stupid -- your reply was.  With all due respect and no offense to you personally of course.  But your reply is mental.  I said nothing about individual Catholics!   Huh  Individual Catholics are not prisoners of the Catholic church.   Cheesy  I'm talking about the Catholic church or any religion that doesn't believe in something -- being made to provide funding for it.  With all due respect, who do you think you are?  The Pope!?!?  LOL

Hey Muslims... According to Rocky's personal Religion -- which is, government first -- or Progressive Government Elitism -- you have to provide funding for pork farms, but individual Muslims don't have to eat the pork of course.  Ya see?  He's "fair" like that.   LOL LOL LOL

Smokin

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2013, 11:44:44 AM »

I'm not supporting government, I'm supporting common sense.  Birth control is a necessity for many women, plenty of other employers in the country cover it in their insurance plans.  Why should one organization be above that?  Let me ask you, where in the bible does it say that birth control is immoral?  What sort of religious beliefs are being stepped on?  The Catholic religion is NOT against birth control or abortion, it's the people who run the churches.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2013, 12:55:09 PM »

I'm not supporting government, I'm supporting common sense.  Birth control is a necessity for many women, plenty of other employers in the country cover it in their insurance plans.  Why should one organization be above that?  Let me ask you, where in the bible does it say that birth control is immoral?  What sort of religious beliefs are being stepped on?  The Catholic religion is NOT against birth control or abortion, it's the people who run the churches.
Hey, hey... you run the Catholic church now, Pope Raccoon!  So you tell me!  LOL

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2013, 01:32:41 PM »

Don't put words in my mouth, I never said I had any authority over churches, I'm just stating an opinion, one that supports the health of real living people rather than defend the trainwreck that is organized religion.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2013, 02:00:57 PM »

I'm not supporting government, I'm supporting common sense.  Birth control is a necessity for many women, plenty of other employers in the country cover it in their insurance plans.  Why should one organization be above that?  Let me ask you, where in the bible does it say that birth control is immoral?  What sort of religious beliefs are being stepped on?  The Catholic religion is NOT against birth control or abortion, it's the people who run the churches.
Your last sentence is incorrect. Many Catholics do not follow or tow the line when it comes to birth control or (less so with) abortion, but the Pope and the Cardinals who do run the church, are the one's who issue church edict. They are against both. The real problem is, is that Catholic hospitals don't just cater to Catholic patients. They cater to everyone and receive some funding from federal agencies who are forcing them to comply or lose the funding. It's a real conundrum. The government is forcing the church to change what they believe in as a religion. We'll see how tough the Catholic Church really is; will they stick to their beliefs or will they change them for "filthy lucre"?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 02:02:22 PM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2013, 08:34:08 PM »

Don't put words in my mouth, I never said I had any authority over churches,

I know you don't have authority over churches -- you want it.  So I called you Pope!

The administration is forcing its authority over churches, was the point.

I'm just stating an opinion, one that supports the health of real living people rather than defend the trainwreck that is organized religion.

Organized religion is well-organized, this thread is the trainwreck.   Grin

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2013, 08:46:53 PM »

You're putting words in my mouth.  When did I ever say I want any authority over the Catholic church?  I'm Jewish, I don't give a shit about a Catholic church.  I give a shit about the people, some who are my friends, who belong to it and have problems with it.  I'm trying to have a constructive argument with you.  If you're not interested in such a thing and you're going to continue with your immature attitude, then you don't have to reply.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 08:49:27 PM by Rocky Raccoon » Logged

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2013, 09:12:05 PM »

You're Jewish?  Well, then.  Is there anything I, a gentile, can recommend that the Jewish religion change?

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2013, 10:00:26 PM »

You're Jewish?  Well, then.  Is there anything I, a gentile, can recommend that the Jewish religion change?

Hey, I'm not saying Judaism doesn't have its flaws either.  All religions have flaws.  But just because I'm one religion doesn't mean I can't critique another.  Keep in mind that I'm not criticizing people who follow religion, I'm not even really criticizing religion.  I just have a problem with how one particular organization chooses to deal with birth control.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 10:13:08 PM by Rocky Raccoon » Logged

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2013, 10:42:38 AM »

Hey, I'm not saying Judaism doesn't have its flaws either.  All religions have flaws.  But just because I'm one religion doesn't mean I can't critique another.  Keep in mind that I'm not criticizing people who follow religion, I'm not even really criticizing religion.  I just have a problem with how one particular organization chooses to deal with birth control.

I agree.  It's fair and just to be able to criticize, question, or be at odds with... anything that one doesn't agree with.  That's not what I'm talking about.  I'm saying... it doesn't thus award anyone a throne of authority to make them bow or change their ways.  If we're solely talking about "Federal Funding" then, yes... the Feds can choose to not fund.

But, the Catholic Church doesn't want to support/promote or provide birth control.  What many see as "reproductive rights" (never understood that!) or "health issues" -- the Church's gotta strong religious opposition to the practice and shouldn't be put in a position to fck themselves in the azz.

What if eating pork is seen as having GREAT benefits to women's ... eh hem "reproductive rights."  Or ham is found to greatly enhance male performance.  Or... pigs, in general, just promote good health.  I wouldn't strong arm them with Governmental power to change their ways or lose whatever economic benefits they enjoy (funding, tax exemption or whatever).  I wouldn't do that.  Well... unless I had some deep hate for the religion... which is what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:44:12 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2013, 02:51:04 PM »

Afro

My favorite “Faux News” story was Nov. 2010 when the talking idiots spent several days discussing how Obama’s trip to India would costs the taxpayers “$200 million a day”.  LOL Faux News consistently gets the facts wrong because, 1.) Fox does not believe in science and 2.) They have to bend their “phacts” to suit their tin hat wearing pinheaded audience.  You’d have to do a lot of digging at either CNN or MSNBC to see if those news organizations get their facts wrong as egregiously and as stupidly as Faux News does LOL

When MSNBC or CNN gets facts wrong, it’s because they are boneheaded or StuPeed.  When Faux News gets it wrong it because they are taking orders from their CORPORATE MASTERS.

3D

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Jason
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2013, 04:23:59 PM »

Fox News is just a liberal plant designed to make the left look good. Case in point; News Corporation gives WAY more to Democrats than Republicans. All of the major American news networks are corporate entities.

From the lefty-favored interweb news media...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/27/news-corp-pac-donates-to-more-democrats_n_2775997.html
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2013, 05:27:40 PM »

The Huffington Post can be just as bad as Fox News at times.  Some of the news stories are legit but otherwise the website is a glorified tabloid.  I especially hate how they let advocates for homeopathy like Dana Ullman write articles for it, that alone should throw their credibility out the window.  I rarely read it anymore unless a friend sends me a link to a story.

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2013, 08:41:55 PM »

I'm just generally sick of the "News Cycle."  I know it all, or whatever.  I know what the Left will say.  I know what the Republicans won't say.  No one says what I think.  It's like that movie, Groundhog day.  I feel like Bill Murray.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2013, 11:11:47 PM »

I only watch Fox News if I watch news.  Usually I don't watch news, though, because it's very depressing.  The main reason I watch Fox News is because all the women are really hot.  Megyn Kelly is probably the hottest woman that ever lived.  

To clarify, i'm not joking, or trying to be funny.  I dont' watch news... but if I do watch news, dammit, I want the women to be hot.  Megyn Kelly can talk about anything she wants, and i'm going to believe it and be interested in it because she's very hot.

Now, a lot of guys might act like they're not like that... it's been my experience, though, that most guys are like that.  They're deluding themselves if they say otherwise.  
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2013, 11:53:46 AM »

One has to be interesting to look at to work in the Face-industry.  With "hot" certainly falling into that category.

Are the newsbabes on other networks, not "hot?"  I thought that was a prereq for TV.

I guess you've got two-types of TV News folk.  The "cue card readers" and "the ones who aren't there for their looks."

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: