gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680876 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 07:04:41 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MIC Price Discussion Thread.  (Read 47325 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 22, 2013, 03:45:31 PM »

Placed my order with importcds exactly 3 hours ago, and I got the email that it is being shipped.

Hope you folks trying importcds have better luck than I'm having. Ordered the new Buffett cd, got confirmation over the weekend it had shipped. Still not here (next door, in Arizona) on Thursday. They warned shipping could be slow, depending on where one lives. I saw why when I got a second email... in my case, they shipped via DHL. Would have been quicker just to give the package to somebody hitchhiking out on I-10.

yeah, think all the MIC's are going DHL. That's OK, they'll arrive, there's no rush

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 22, 2013, 03:47:20 PM »

Edited for whining Grin
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 04:20:26 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 22, 2013, 04:31:41 PM »

Placed my order with importcds exactly 3 hours ago, and I got the email that it is being shipped.

Hope you folks trying importcds have better luck than I'm having. Ordered the new Buffett cd, got confirmation over the weekend it had shipped. Still not here (next door, in Arizona) on Thursday. They warned shipping could be slow, depending on where one lives. I saw why when I got a second email... in my case, they shipped via DHL. Would have been quicker just to give the package to somebody hitchhiking out on I-10.

yeah, think all the MIC's are going DHL. That's OK, they'll arrive, there's no rush
Yeah, I think I'll live if I have to wait a few extra days.  But in the past when I didn't want to wait, and found it locally, I'd just buy it and then return the one that came later in the mail to the local retailer!  Don't see myself doing that now, I can definitely wait.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2013, 04:45:33 PM »

My importcds.com package is on the move.. but it's coming from California to Michigan.
So anyone who ordered from importcds.com, the closer you are the California, the
sooner you'll get it.

Ok, as a Californian, this was finally enough to convince me to cancel my Amazon order and make the switch!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2013, 06:27:10 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's on in Ireland tomorrow.

I might just pop into Tower and see how much they're selling it for. It it's a decent price I might just buy it on the spot and cancel my amazon order. I really don't want to wait another two weeks for my copy.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2013, 06:46:40 PM »

When i canceled my Amazon order there was an option to select the reason for canceling and i selected "too expensive." Have those of you who canceled with Amazon been selecting this as well? I wonder how many copies of MiC have been canceled on Amazon altogether, ha. Maybe they'll take this as an initiative to lower the price...

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2013, 06:54:08 PM »

When i canceled my Amazon order there was an option to select the reason for canceling and i selected "too expensive." Have those of you who canceled with Amazon been selecting this as well? I wonder how many copies of MiC have been canceled on Amazon altogether, ha. Maybe they'll take this as an initiative to lower the price...

I did the same thing when I canceled my order from Amazon.com.

*hi5*
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2013, 08:02:14 PM »

Another chance to win a free copy of MiC:
ultimateclassicrock.com/?p=147506
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2013, 08:12:52 PM »

I did the same thing when I canceled my order from Amazon.com.

*hi5*

Gotta hope then that all the people ordering fom Importcds get their box in a timely manner. Cuz odds are, using DHL, it will be delayed much later than it would have been buyiing it from amazon. Me, I'm happy with the price, so delivery time isn't that important. Heck, I haven't put my Smile box on yet....

ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2013, 08:56:39 PM »

I selected that reason as well when I canceled my Amazon order, and I'll be fine whenever the imports version shows up (I mean, assume it will be sometime next week, that's good enough to save $30 or so).
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2013, 10:49:06 PM »

I selected the "found it cheaper elsewhere" option. They won't know that elsewhere was Amazon.uk. Thought the savings makes up for a delay of a couple of weeks... as long as it arrives in good shape. 
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: August 23, 2013, 01:01:41 AM »

Mine was loaded into a Hermes van 2 hours ago...

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2013, 10:47:48 AM »

Mine was loaded into a Hermes van 2 hours ago...

Huh!  What's the next worst thing to being in the hands of DHL? That's right, you guessed it, being in the hands of the USPS: 

En Route
Tendered to USPS
 Fri, August 23, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Compton, CA, US

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNITED STATES
To: SAINT LOUIS, MO 63121
UNITED STATES
Activity

Aug 23, 2013
7:51AM
Compton, CA, US

Tendered to USPS
Aug 22, 2013
10:33AM
Compton, CA, US

Processed
Aug 21, 2013
7:00PM
Compton, CA, US

Arrival DHL Global Mail Facility
4:00PM
Irvine, CA, US
Picked up by Shipping Partner

Lucky thing they gave me tracking ##'s, so I can watch this race across the country...

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 23, 2013, 10:57:28 AM »

Better hope it gets there in one piece, Bgas.  It went through Compton, so no guarantees there.  And USPS has some Joe Montana wanna-be's on their trucks throwing stuff around, so good luck to ya that your box set has no holes, dings, dents, scratches and skuffs on it when it arrives.....

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2013, 11:22:58 AM »

Huh!  What's the next worst thing to being in the hands of DHL? That's right, you guessed it, being in the hands of the USPS: 

My tracking is identical to yours.  Nice to know that after being "shipped" 2 days ago, it's still in California.  Smiley
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 23, 2013, 11:49:59 AM »

My order was in Germany last night. Pennsylvania this morning. Now sitting pretty in Kentucky.  LOL
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 23, 2013, 11:53:58 AM »

My order was in Germany last night. Pennsylvania this morning. Now sitting pretty in Kentucky.  LOL

Mine won't even ship  Tongue
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 23, 2013, 12:01:50 PM »

Yeah, what's up with that? Didn't ago from "Shipping Soon" to "Not shipped"? I would be climbing the walls!!!!
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 23, 2013, 12:06:57 PM »

Yeah, what's up with that? Didn't ago from "Shipping Soon" to "Not shipped"? I would be climbing the walls!!!!

Yep. Yesterday, it went from "shipping soon" to "not yet shipped." I checked again this morning to find the status is "shipping soon." And, it's been like that for the past four hours. It can be kind of maddening.  Grin

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 23, 2013, 12:11:22 PM »

Bubs, you shoulda just told them you'd be over to Irvine to pick it up within the hour.  Woulda saved them shipping costs anyway. That's ridiculous.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 23, 2013, 12:54:30 PM »

My tracking is identical to yours.  Nice to know that after being "shipped" 2 days ago, it's still in California.  Smiley

We're all three in the same boat. Mine is now in the hands of the USPS in Bell, CA and it has to go all the way to FL. My estimated delivery date is August 30th. Oh well. As long as it gets here in good shape.
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 23, 2013, 02:08:20 PM »

Mine arrived at the shipping facility in Compton last night.  Get on that plane to O'hare now and I'm only 30 minutes by truck from there. Grin
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 02:09:22 PM by Ram4 » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 23, 2013, 06:35:06 PM »

We're all three in the same boat. Mine is now in the hands of the USPS in Bell, CA and it has to go all the way to FL. My estimated delivery date is August 30th. Oh well. As long as it gets here in good shape.
Mine arrived at the shipping facility in Compton last night.  Get on that plane to O'hare now and I'm only 30 minutes by truck from there. Grin

Ha HA!  Today my box set's 4 hour journey  of 8.4 miles from Compton CA, ended in Bell Gardens CA, at  11:07 AM ( 2.6 miles from Bell CA)   
There they put it in ( Forrest) Forrest Gump's  knapsack just before he stepped off on his journey  back towards the East Coast  ( 1,833 Miles to St Louis) 

My "scheduled" delivery day to St Louis MO?      August 29, 2013

Bless the beasts and children and the USPS too....

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 23, 2013, 07:05:37 PM »

Mine is now only ten miles away from me... Where it will likely stay until Monday.  Cry
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2013, 07:16:59 PM »

I broke down and pre-ordered from amazon.com. Yes, dot-com, mainly because 1) I want to make sure I get it as soon as humanly possible, and 2) I have the Amazon credit card, so I get triple-points on it for Amazon orders.

What's weird, though, is that the price of it in my cart is suddenly $10 LESS than the price it's actually listed at. I don't have any Amazon rewards points to apply, so it's not that....

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx