gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 10:57:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MiC up for order on Amazon, August release  (Read 441938 times)
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #2700 on: August 26, 2013, 01:02:01 PM »

I'm a prime member, but in UK, and it was a bank holiday. My delivery estimate is still the 30th. Haven't done the proxy thing on spotify, have stopped listening to the new tracks  I already have, in other words, can't wait!!
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: August 26, 2013, 01:06:38 PM »

Pre-ordered from Amazon June 11.  Release day tomorrow.  Not yet shipped?!  Anybody else in the same boat?
Same boat, changed my shipping to one day to get it tomorrow.  Still says not yet shipped though.  So I hope Amazon gets the message!
Michael Edwards Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: August 26, 2013, 02:28:53 PM »

Pre-ordered from Amazon June 11.  Release day tomorrow.  Not yet shipped?!  Anybody else in the same boat?

Which shipping option did you select?  It makes a big difference with Amazon purchases.

I'm an Amazon Prime member so I opted for the free two day shipping.

You've probably done so already, but contact them.  I'm a Prime member and mine shipped on Sunday from Kentucky to arrive tomorrow.  I'm in PA and it's in PA today.  You should have a shipping notice.
jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: August 26, 2013, 04:07:01 PM »

Which shipping option did you select?  It makes a big difference with Amazon purchases.

I'm an Amazon Prime member so I opted for the free two day shipping.

You've probably done so already, but contact them.  I'm a Prime member and mine shipped on Sunday from Kentucky to arrive tomorrow.  I'm in PA and it's in PA today.  You should have a shipping notice.

Now marked as shipping, but delivery date bumped to Aug 29!  DRATS!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: August 26, 2013, 04:19:58 PM »

My importcds set was processed thru the Sort facility here in St Louis at 11:43 this morning. The scheduled Delivery date is shown as the 30th, so I suppose my carrier plans to take it home for a few days and check it himself, before delivering....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: August 26, 2013, 04:38:54 PM »

My importcds set was processed thru the Sort facility here in St Louis at 11:43 this morning. The scheduled Delivery date is shown as the 30th, so I suppose my carrier plans to take it home for a few days and check it himself, before delivering....

Is tracking showing it as being handed off from DHL to USPS yet? If so, and if it's any consolation, you'll probably see it before that nasty date.

(DHL...one of the reasons I pretty much stopped ordering from those folks)
PS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: August 26, 2013, 05:23:18 PM »

ImportCDs for under $99 plus shipping - just arrived today in the Colorado mountains. Wonderful. So, I figured I saved about $30 from Amazon, so I took that and added a little more and ordered their new Sly Box, which will arrive tomorrow.

The Boys and The Family Stone. Makes the end of summer a special day for this professor who now has to prepare his first lecture tonight while combing through MIC and all your "post" posts.

Will change the lecture to the oft neglected art of background vocals in Film History...
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: August 26, 2013, 05:35:23 PM »

Amazon UK, still not shipped. Cry

My only consolation I saved a few bucks - whoa is me.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: August 26, 2013, 05:41:40 PM »

Is tracking showing it as being handed off from DHL to USPS yet? If so, and if it's any consolation, you'll probably see it before that nasty date.

yeah, they handed it off  on, I think, the first or second day in California, which seemed very strange...

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2709 on: August 26, 2013, 06:01:56 PM »

8:02pm Monday night. Amazon Prime order was placed August 12. STILL HAS NOT SHIPPED.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: August 26, 2013, 06:08:18 PM »

yeah, they handed it off  on, I think, the first or second day in California, which seemed very strange...

Yep, that's really bizarre. I'm here in Ohio, and that's where the exchange has always taken place whenever I've used them. Though, it's probably a blessing in disguise, and perhaps they're doing something different these days as others have already started to receive their boxes as of today.

The last straw with me was when an order took 12 days to get here, and the package didn't move at a particular hub of theirs for 5 days. In their defense, I also had some issues with USPS when their staff cuts initially went into place last year (e.g. packages getting misrouted, rerouted...and basically sent in circles). Though, they're usually aces for me.

Luck of the draw I guess....lol.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2711 on: August 26, 2013, 06:15:49 PM »

Aaaaaaand...they couldn't give me a straight answer as to when I would get the package. This is after I forked over the fee to subscribe to Amazon Prime so I could pretty much guarantee I'd get it in time. I cancelled the order. Yeah, that means I might have to wait longer, but so far every Amazon Prime order I've placed didn't come on time -- at least ever since I started paying for the service; when I got it for free as a student it was perfect.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: August 26, 2013, 07:31:35 PM »

Aaaaaaand...they couldn't give me a straight answer as to when I would get the package. This is after I forked over the fee to subscribe to Amazon Prime so I could pretty much guarantee I'd get it in time. I cancelled the order. Yeah, that means I might have to wait longer, but so far every Amazon Prime order I've placed didn't come on time -- at least ever since I started paying for the service; when I got it for free as a student it was perfect.

Gee, this makes importcds look like champs, comparatively; at least they ship the darn thing

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: August 26, 2013, 09:14:24 PM »

Can finally listen to the previews on itunes.

Everything sounds glorious

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: August 26, 2013, 10:12:52 PM »

Showed up a day early from amazon! worth it!

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2715 on: August 27, 2013, 02:31:26 AM »

Same here...looks like we'll be waiting till Friday, booooo

Smiley

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: August 27, 2013, 02:51:41 AM »

Smiley

Sad I wanna get the day off work Friday but sods law that it won't come then.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: August 27, 2013, 02:52:46 AM »

Smiley

And here too-back to p(r)oxy servers for the time being
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: August 27, 2013, 03:01:12 AM »

I'll probably be the last person to hear WIBNTLA...I'm holding out till by box comes!  Maybe I'm crazy...

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
silodweller
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: August 27, 2013, 04:16:19 AM »

OK, I don't understand why so many smiley smilers taken it for granted that "of course" they have to include all the hits. WHY? WHY? WHY? #1) They released the Smile Sessions which had ZERO hits on it (basically) and they deemed that worthy enough to sell on its own. #2) I know it's not a totally fair comparison, but the Beatles Anthology 1 broke sales records and it didn't have a single previously released track on it. Same for anthology 2 and 3 although they didn't sell AS well....

With all due respect were you around when The Beatles' "Anthology 1" came out?  Because I was and it was literally one of the most ill received projects I've ever witnessed in my life from a major rock band.  The reason being despite the fact that The Beatles promoted "Anthology 1" as a rarities album, most of the general public that bought it assumed that it was going to be a traditional greatest hits type compilation and were in for a rude surprise when the set contained outtakes, demos and live performances and none of the CV they were hoping for.  Perhaps they assumed that since it was also marketed as the soundtrack to the "The Beatles: Anthology Television Special" that it would be a greatest hits type package I don't know.  But it wasn't well received at all by the general public which was indicated by the dip in sales for the other two installments in the series.

It wasn't that well received on the collector's market either...

In regards to TSS, that box set sold on the myth and legend of "SMiLE" alone and to a very specific market (US!) that went out in droves the day it came out to buy it like they had just been allowed access inside the pearly gates.  Did it sell well?  Someone get me the figures and we can work that out but remember TSS also was released in three formats and I'd bet you a doughnut that the 2CD format outsold both the vinyl and box set format as well.  So while I understand your frustrations about the inclusion of the hits on MIC, your logic doesn't necessarily wash when placed alongside the facts.

Gosh, I had forgotten about that.  I remember when Anthology Number 1 came out and yes, there seemed to be a big "hoo-ha!" preceding it (especially here in South Africa) but once it came out then that was it.  The follow ups (numbers 2 and 3) didn't even seem to get any coverage over here.  I remember walking into a record store and seeing number 2 on the shelf, and thinking:  "Oh, wow, that's number 2!"  Anyway, seems like ages ago now... 

"Carl broke his cigarette over his G string, we're sorry..."
SonicVolcano
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: August 27, 2013, 05:37:46 AM »

Will pick up my copy at the post office tomorrow. They tried to deliver it today, but I wasn't there. Finally, the long wait is almost over Smiley
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: August 27, 2013, 11:15:06 AM »

The UPS guy brought MIC to my office today, as well as a deluxe copy of Dylan's Bootleg Series 10 (which is getting RAVE reviews by the way).  For some reason I started babbling about how important these archival releases are, and he started backing away.  He updated his hand held device and said, "Gotta run!"

Heh heh, back away from the Crazy Person!

(Unbelievably, the Dylan set, based on the Self Portrait and New Morning years, looks to be among the best of this series.  The "buzz" in this is about right.  It's a KILLER set!)

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: August 27, 2013, 11:19:39 AM »

The UPS guy brought MIC to my office today, as well as a deluxe copy of Dylan's Bootleg Series 10 (which is getting RAVE reviews by the way).  For some reason I started babbling about how important these archival releases are, and he started backing away.  He updated his hand held device and said, "Gotta run!"

Heh heh, back away from the Crazy Person!

(Unbelievably, the Dylan set, based on the Self Portrait and New Morning years, looks to be among the best of this series.  The "buzz" in this is about right.  It's a KILLER set!)

Not only are the songs great, but the packaging is absolutely amazing. The two books that come with it are great.
jimmy1949
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: August 27, 2013, 11:30:53 AM »

I'll probably be the last person to hear WIBNTLA...I'm holding out till by box comes!  Maybe I'm crazy...
You are not alone my son...
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: August 27, 2013, 11:39:56 AM »

Will pick up my copy at the post office tomorrow. They tried to deliver it today, but I wasn't there. Finally, the long wait is almost over Smiley

Uh oh... i totally forgot it may require a signature - +1 waiting day for me as I never get home in time to make it to the P.O before they close.

Rats.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx