gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680883 Posts in 27618 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 11:02:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MiC up for order on Amazon, August release  (Read 442386 times)
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #2550 on: August 06, 2013, 10:00:53 PM »

Ooh, "Meant for You" is a tantalizing 1:50.

I wonder why it was edited down...

While I'm sure this alternate version is nice, I never understood the complaints of the album version being "too short". I always thought it was perfect as is and have listened to it on repeat many a time.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: August 06, 2013, 10:04:17 PM »

Ooh, "Meant for You" is a tantalizing 1:50.

I wonder why it was edited down...

While I'm sure this alternate version is nice, I never understood the complaints of the album version being "too short". I always thought it was perfect as is and have listened to it on repeat many a time.

I think the original edit is great too. I'm perfectly fine with how it is, but I think I would also enjoy more of this nice song.

Anyway, I think the rest of it could be really interesting, especially if the journalist is to be believed that there are lyrics that concern a pony.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 10:43:38 PM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: August 06, 2013, 10:21:53 PM »

I know this is probably not gonna matter to anybody, but judging by the track times, it seems like the "alternate mix" of "Brian's Back" on the set is actually gonna be the L.A. (Light Album) sessions version. My guess is maybe they used the vocals from Mike's solo version and combined those with the Brian produced group track.

Neat!

Well. Neat in the sense that it's likely not a subtly different version of something we already officially have. As neat as an alternate "Brian's Back" can be. Yeah.

I think the MIC "Brian's Back" will just be the official released version minus the guitar solo after the second chorus.

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: August 06, 2013, 10:43:09 PM »

I know this is probably not gonna matter to anybody, but judging by the track times, it seems like the "alternate mix" of "Brian's Back" on the set is actually gonna be the L.A. (Light Album) sessions version. My guess is maybe they used the vocals from Mike's solo version and combined those with the Brian produced group track.

Neat!

Well. Neat in the sense that it's likely not a subtly different version of something we already officially have. As neat as an alternate "Brian's Back" can be. Yeah.

I think the MIC "Brian's Back" will just be the official released version minus the guitar solo after the second chorus.

I honestly don't know much about the song at all, but what makes you think that'll be the difference? Just wonderin', again, I don't know anything about this one.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: August 06, 2013, 10:48:52 PM »

I honestly don't know much about the song at all, but what makes you think that'll be the difference? Just wonderin', again, I don't know anything about this one.

Because that's the structure of the 'promo mix' of the song--verse/chorus/verse/key change to chorus. Quzi did an edit of the song following this structure and it came out to the exact running time of the MIC version.

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: August 06, 2013, 11:08:59 PM »

Neat!

Meh, that would be lame if it's what we end up getting. It would be kinda stupid just to straight up get an alternate mix of a Mike Love solo song (albeit with Carl) that has already appeared on another collection, especially while there is a Beach Boys version out there to use.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: August 07, 2013, 01:08:13 AM »

I hope the samples will never show up, because it would be very very hard to resist listening to them.
But at this point, only a couple of weeks from the real thing, I'm not gonna spoil my surprise and pleasure with short low-quality samples.
I waited ~20 years to hear some of these songs, I can wait 3 more weeks.
I'll just have to lock myself in a place without internet connection once the samples are out!

SonicVolcano
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: August 07, 2013, 02:31:15 AM »

I hope the samples will never show up, because it would be very very hard to resist listening to them.
But at this point, only a couple of weeks from the real thing, I'm not gonna spoil my surprise and pleasure with short low-quality samples.
I'll just have to lock myself in a place without internet connection once the samples are out!

I believe iTunes has high quality samples, but anyway, why can't I find MIC in the iTunes store? Is it because I'm from Holland?
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: August 07, 2013, 02:36:29 AM »

Agreed… can't help but search for them, but don't really want to spoilt the listening session when the real deal arerives.

"Couple of weeks"? Four more lke!

This… I hope…

“We live in divisive times.”
smilethebeachboysloveyou
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: August 07, 2013, 03:00:48 AM »

I believe iTunes has high quality samples, but anyway, why can't I find MIC in the iTunes store? Is it because I'm from Holland?

As far as I know, iTunes hasn't released samples of MIC anywhere.  They're not available in Japan, anyway.
SonicVolcano
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: August 07, 2013, 03:02:46 AM »

As far as I know, iTunes hasn't released samples of MIC anywhere.  They're not available in Japan, anyway.

It's not even in the store, in my case...

EDIT: nevermind, found it through Google Smiley
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 05:16:06 AM by SonicVolcano » Logged
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: August 07, 2013, 08:31:05 AM »

Why is Dennis always singing of making love, up on hilltops, all night long, while gently weeping?  Well, other than to get p*ssy?
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: August 07, 2013, 08:40:17 AM »

You found the samples?

Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: August 07, 2013, 08:51:27 AM »

Just a heads-up for all those in Germany. Amazon.de has the set now for €75,99!!
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: August 07, 2013, 08:55:41 AM »

Listening to 15-20 sec samples pulled randomly from a song (seems like that's the way they do it) isn't going to spoil my enjoyment of listening to the entire work later on.

I say bring on the samples -- and you know they are going to as its an effective way to market the product.
Throwing out these brief teasers is meant to entice shoppers to make the purchase, right?

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: August 07, 2013, 08:58:11 AM »

Just a heads-up for all those in Germany. Amazon.de has the set now for €75,99!!

That is about $101.00 in US dollars for those who are interested.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: August 07, 2013, 09:20:23 AM »

Why is Dennis always singing of making love, up on hilltops, all night long, while gently weeping?  Well, other than to get p*ssy?

Does his music seem phony to you?
Smiling Pets
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: August 07, 2013, 11:49:25 AM »

How does ordering from Amazon.de work?

When I go to checkout the item only costs EUR 68,08 which is $90.66 with shipping and packaging.......am I doing something wrong?
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: August 07, 2013, 11:54:23 AM »

No, not at all phony.  And I'm a fan of most of his stuff.  It just always seemed to me, and I mean no offense, but almost a parody of... that type of music.   The very emotional, loving, soulful, howling, sexual type of music that guys with long hair would make in the 70s.

I appreciate what Dennis did, but I'm more into Steamboat than Cuddle Up.  But I do get a kick of the making-love-all-night-long side of Dennis.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: August 07, 2013, 11:57:30 AM »

How does ordering from Amazon.de work?

When I go to checkout the item only costs EUR 68,08 which is $90.66 with shipping and packaging.......am I doing something wrong?

Just make sure your address is right. It's the same as any other amazon.

Looks like you're getting a great deal.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: August 07, 2013, 02:22:21 PM »

No, not at all phony.  And I'm a fan of most of his stuff.  It just always seemed to me, and I mean no offense, but almost a parody of... that type of music.   The very emotional, loving, soulful, howling, sexual type of music that guys with long hair would make in the 70s.

I appreciate what Dennis did, but I'm more into Steamboat than Cuddle Up.  But I do get a kick of the making-love-all-night-long side of Dennis.

Ah yes, I see what you mean and I think I pretty much agree with all of it!

I'm a big fan of his early-70s work and still some of the lyrics strike me as a bit clichéd, sometimes even lazy perhaps ("I love her so/I love to grow", that kind of stuff), yet I still think they're probably all perfectly genuine and came straight from the heart. Really looking forward to WIBNTLA.
SonicVolcano
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: August 08, 2013, 01:21:13 AM »

You found the samples?

No, I found MIC on Itunes. I had to change it to the American store.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #2572 on: August 08, 2013, 03:13:30 AM »

Maybe you should read some Shakespeare...
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: August 08, 2013, 03:52:52 AM »

If you think Shakespeare is some high profound art form, you clearly haven't read much Shakespeare. Even Hamlet has dick jokes a-plenty!

Profound does not = good.

For instance, Falstaff on the healing powers of drink, King Henry IV Part II 2.3. Maybe my favourite Shakespeare speech...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpGMXRO1xo8

As you were. Kinda want to start a Shakespeare thread in The Sandbox....
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 03:54:07 AM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: August 08, 2013, 04:09:36 AM »

I predict that Wild Honey (live, New Jersey, 1972) is gonna be one of the standout tracks.

I'm sure others who agree…!   Grin

“We live in divisive times.”
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 ... 112 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx