gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 04:11:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MiC up for order on Amazon, August release  (Read 440691 times)
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2325 on: July 24, 2013, 11:10:50 AM »

I haven't heard the new version but I would be Pleased Much if I could as I am from Canada and US Amazon won't let me get the free track, but I have been watching this album making video (which I love) for over 20 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ezurnMDfIo
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: July 24, 2013, 11:18:12 AM »

Yep. £56.57 to be exact.

So does anybody else think it's a coincidence that "Goin' To The Beach" gets put out as a sneak preview and within a matter of hours the price for MIC plummets?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
RonBaker2003
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: July 24, 2013, 11:22:13 AM »

The song isn't as bad as I feared.  It probably would have moved some 45s if it had come out early enough--1963.
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: July 24, 2013, 11:24:20 AM »

The song isn't as bad as I feared.  It probably would have moved some 45s if it had come out early enough--1963.

+1

I enjoy it.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: July 24, 2013, 11:39:33 AM »

Yep. £56.57 to be exact.

So does anybody else think it's a coincidence that "Goin' To The Beach" gets put out as a sneak preview and within a matter of hours the price for MIC plummets?

Well, not really - the free dowload was only available in the US and the price drop was in the UK.  Razz

Or did the US Amazon price come down also? Correct me if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 11:40:30 AM by leggo of my ego » Logged

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: July 24, 2013, 12:21:35 PM »

Well, not really - the free dowload was only available in the US and the price drop was in the UK.  Razz

Or did the US Amazon price come down also? Correct me if I'm wrong.

No, the US price on Amazon is still crazy.  But the UK price came down BEFORE "Goin' to the Beach" was offered as a free download.
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: July 24, 2013, 01:19:56 PM »

First off this is my first post after lurking hear for about 2 years!  I've had problems trying to get signed up but Billy has got me fixed up.  Thank you Billy. Cheesy

Secondly, I also believe Carl's facial expression in the video is very similar to the one he makes when singing with Gloria Loring in the 25th Anniversary show from Waikiki.  He's just trying to hit a note.  It would be great to see more of this video as Brian seems really quite into it.  Similar to the "Mike Come Back to LA" sessions.

Cheers,

Mike.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: July 24, 2013, 02:21:11 PM »

I forgot i had the Goin' To The Beach backing track... Freddie may just have to rise to the occasion...

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: July 24, 2013, 07:10:49 PM »

WHERE THE HEYHEY IS EVERYBODY WANTS TO LIVE (AND OTHER ADULT/CHILD STUFFS)?!

I've been listening to a lot of Adult/Child stuff lately and this comment still stands.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: July 24, 2013, 09:48:42 PM »

In my opinion, those of you who believe that Carl comes in with an expression that demonstrates that he DISLIKES the song are seeing something that isn't there.  It seems to me that Brian is doing his best to come up with something interesting for chord change and backing vocal arrangement ideas in the "stay out partying all night long..."  section and when Carl comes in he is similarly sincerely trying to work out / learn an interesting harmony in the same section.  What I see Carl doing there is listening and trying to contribute something useful; being the team player and great worker bee that he most often was.  I could be wrong, but I don't think so.  Apparently we all colour our impression of what is happening depending on our preconceived notions of what we think SHOULD be happening.  I haven't heard the new version but I would be Pleased Much if I could as I am from Canada and US Amazon won't let me get the free track, but I have been watching this album making video (which I love) for over 20 years.  I am looking forward to all the tracks from Made In California that I haven't heard.  The arty ones and the cheesy "commercial" ones.  Can't hardly wait!  
Edit
Ha Ha!  rockandroll beat me to it!
Funny, I just thought we were making fun of his "Who farted?" face.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: July 24, 2013, 11:43:13 PM »

Okay. They need to lower the US price already, I already own more than half of this and Pikmin 3 is a much better deal then spending $145 on the same tracks again.

$80-$100 yes. Anything more, maybe.

Ill probably grab the 20 real rarities on iTunes and call it a day.

chris.metcalfe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: July 25, 2013, 01:37:11 AM »

This looks like good value!
http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Music/CD/Buffalo-Springfield/Buffalo-Springfield-4CD-Box-Set/product.html?product=E11260116
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: July 25, 2013, 01:42:08 AM »

http://www.sainsburysentertainment.co.uk/en/Music/CD/The-Beach-Boys/Made-In-California/product.html?product=E11250584

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2338 on: July 25, 2013, 04:58:46 AM »

Okay. They need to lower the US price already, I already own more than half of this and Pikmin 3 is a much better deal then spending $145 on the same tracks again.

After all, Amazon IS the only place in the US that will EVER carry it, of course.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
RonBaker2003
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: July 25, 2013, 05:11:35 AM »

Import CDs will have it.  They have it listed:  http://www.importcds.com/music/2617315/the-beach-boys-made-in-california

I've bought many things from them in the past.  Fast delivery...well packed.  Cheap.
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2340 on: July 25, 2013, 05:16:00 AM »

I agree with those who said the chorus should have had a dual Mike/Brian lead like it is in the YouTube video of them working out the song. And they have included Brian's left piano bass lines, but the backing track had probably already been recorded when they were working out the harmonies captured in the video.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: July 25, 2013, 06:40:42 AM »

For those in the USA you'll get a better price at Amazon UK than GB residents as you will escape the VAT
upcharge. Shipping isn't "free"to the States but not that much I think it was a little over 3 quid which is around $5.

The only downside I see is you wont actually get your mitts on MIC as quick as buying domestic but as for me I am more concerned with economy!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 06:41:41 AM by leggo of my ego » Logged

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: July 25, 2013, 08:23:21 AM »

After all, Amazon IS the only place in the US that will EVER carry it, of course.

Well, sure... but to be honest there's not many places frickin' left!!  They just closed the Barnes and Noble in my area.  Borders is long gone and Tower Records... God rest its soul...

This will probably be in Best Buys... for awhile anyway.  It is the Beach Boys... so they'll probably have it for a bit.  But the sad reality is for most stuff nowadays... Amazon is the best bet to get anything that isn't Kids Bop, in a timely fashion.

Just saying.

Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: July 25, 2013, 08:48:11 AM »

Man, these American stores are ridiculous. Best Buy has it for almost $160. This from a company that lost A LOT of money last year.

All the other stores are out (Circuit city, Wiz, Barnes and Noble seems to be on its way.)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2344 on: July 25, 2013, 10:23:51 AM »

If we're talking brick and mortar retailers, then many in the US will have no options. Few are left, fewer still who would carry it, and even fewer beyond that who would be cheaper than Amazon.

There are also likely few online retailers within the US  who would have competitive pricing, especially if one wants this on release date.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: July 25, 2013, 11:46:40 AM »

Today, Amazon lowered the price of the new Harry Nilsson box being released next week from $121 to $99.  So a lowering of the price on "Made in California" may not happen until the last week.  You never know.  But I ended up going with Amazon UK where it's about $86US.  Sure, you have to wait a little longer, but I'll have the Nilsson & Monkees boxes to keep me warm.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: July 25, 2013, 11:54:22 AM »

Might wait till December here. This from someone who got TSS on day 1 (both versions) and owns all 12 remasters from last year on top of the pre-existing reissues.

Not enough to make me go nuts here, I'll grab a few on iTunes, but the physical "box" is gonna have to wait...

Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: July 25, 2013, 06:12:06 PM »

Man, these American stores are ridiculous. Best Buy has it for almost $160. This from a company that lost A LOT of money last year.

All the other stores are out (Circuit city, Wiz, Barnes and Noble seems to be on its way.)
True, but the link RonBaker2003 just shared has it listed for just under a hundred bucks ($99.69).  At least there are some options left to us.  Smiley
zachrwolfe
« Reply #2348 on: July 25, 2013, 06:35:54 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:53:53 PM by zatch » Logged
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: July 25, 2013, 08:12:26 PM »

Might wait till December here. This from someone who got TSS on day 1 (both versions) and owns all 12 remasters from last year on top of the pre-existing reissues.

Not enough to make me go nuts here, I'll grab a few on iTunes, but the physical "box" is gonna have to wait...

Same with me, that is unless I get enough from my apps on the App Store.  Grin

Do you program? We may have more in common then I already knew!

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 ... 112 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx