gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681508 Posts in 27639 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 09, 2024, 04:33:11 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MiC up for order on Amazon, August release  (Read 445397 times)
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: July 23, 2013, 11:11:24 PM »

It really is too bad "Goin' To The Beach" made it to the box over "Big Sur".  It's sad, really.

While I'm only speculating, Mikie, I think it still might come down to the powers-that-be simply wanting to hang on to a few choice eggs in the basket for future, potential releases. That is, they're going to always need a primo track or two for the annual/semi-annual hits packages that they whip up and need to entice us with. Can't give us all the A-list stuff now (i.e. Big Sur 4/4). Smiley

Let's just hope we're all still alive to be able to purchase those future releases...lol.
2 and a half
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: July 23, 2013, 11:57:25 PM »

Yeah I pre-ordered it when it was priced at £100+, now I'm told that's been halved. Suits me!

How were you told it's been halved? Cos my preorder's still showing the price at the time I placed the order (£66.10)
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #2302 on: July 24, 2013, 12:15:03 AM »

Yeah I pre-ordered it when it was priced at £100+, now I'm told that's been halved. Suits me!

How were you told it's been halved? Cos my preorder's still showing the price at the time I placed the order (£66.10)

Because it clearly states the price is now £57. Hang on I'll double check...
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #2303 on: July 24, 2013, 12:16:03 AM »

Yep. £56.57 to be exact.
2 and a half
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: July 24, 2013, 01:02:36 AM »

Clearly states where?
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #2305 on: July 24, 2013, 01:38:05 AM »

Clearly states where?

In the 'Yours Orders' section on my Amazon UK account.

Total £56.57

Delivery estimate Friday 30 Aug 2013

Made in California  Made in California   
Beach Boys, The

Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: July 24, 2013, 01:44:37 AM »

If Goin' To The Beach had been release on KTSA it would be one of the most hated songs. People would say
"how can one go from LA Light with Baby Blue, Good Timin' etc to Goin' To The Beach and Sunshine'
DAFUQ were you thinkin' MYK???"

Personally I think this song is so bad that KTSA would actually be worse off with it. I mean, why would anyone ever bother recording this sh*t?

We have all seen the 'session' where Mike presents the song and Brian starts working with it. Then Carl shows up and his facial expression says it all. Dennis wisely skipped contributing to this utter waste-of-time album.
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #2307 on: July 24, 2013, 02:02:05 AM »

If Goin' To The Beach had been release on KTSA it would be one of the most hated songs. People would say
"how can one go from LA Light with Baby Blue, Good Timin' etc to Goin' To The Beach and Sunshine'

Personally I think this song is so bad that KTSA would actually be worse off with it. I mean, why would anyone ever bother recording this sh*t?

We have all seen the 'session' where Mike presents the song and Brian starts working with it. Then Carl shows up and his facial expression says it all. Dennis wisely skipped contributing to this utter waste-of-time album.

Agreed. The song is utter sh*t. And they thought this would be a worthwhile CD closer?? Coming after the LA triple-whammy and It's A Beautiful Day it's no doubt going to sound even more sh*t...
Nicko1234
« Reply #2308 on: July 24, 2013, 02:10:29 AM »

Really? I would say that KTSA is one of the group`s worst albums and there is no way this is worse than something like Sunshine. It is catchy if nothing else.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: July 24, 2013, 02:17:50 AM »

That's half the original price - read his reply to my post!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: July 24, 2013, 02:51:02 AM »

It's still not listed on German Amazon . . wonder what the €-price there will be. .
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2311 on: July 24, 2013, 02:54:41 AM »

Never saw it, Cant find it on youtube, anywhere where I might see it?

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: July 24, 2013, 03:22:25 AM »

YouTube is your friend. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_3ZlgzFqz8  Cool

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2313 on: July 24, 2013, 03:30:31 AM »

Thanks, interesting and not just because Mike is hatless

Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #2314 on: July 24, 2013, 03:30:48 AM »

I never tire of that vid. Just wish we had some 60's footage like that, with both audio and video
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: July 24, 2013, 03:33:34 AM »

Brian is trying his best there and then Carl comes in and that facial expression is just priceless. LOL Totally forgot about that video.
obscurereference
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: July 24, 2013, 03:35:20 AM »

Total £56.57

Beach Boys, The

That's weird, mine is still at the price I originally ordered it at last week (£66). This website, which tracks Amazon prices, still has £66 as the lowest price, but I suppose the price could have dropped very briefly and wasn't picked up by the price tracker: http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Made-California-The-Beach-Boys/product/B008XZKSRY

Disney Boy (1985) , do you mind me asking, are you ordering from outside the UK? If so, maybe you get some kind of tax discount that we don't. If not, I need to contact Amazon!

(not saying I don't believe you, by the way, just trying to figure out why I haven't been given the discount!)

Nicko1234
« Reply #2317 on: July 24, 2013, 03:41:01 AM »

Total £56.57

Beach Boys, The

That's weird, mine is still at the price I originally ordered it at last week (£66). This website, which tracks Amazon prices, still has £66 as the lowest price, but I suppose the price could have dropped very briefly and wasn't picked up by the price tracker: http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Made-California-The-Beach-Boys/product/B008XZKSRY

Disney Boy (1985) , do you mind me asking, are you ordering from outside the UK? If so, maybe you get some kind of tax discount that we don't. If not, I need to contact Amazon!

(not saying I don't believe you, by the way, just trying to figure out why I haven't been given the discount!)

Are you talking about the difference between tax included and not included here?
obscurereference
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: July 24, 2013, 04:04:48 AM »

Total £56.57

Beach Boys, The

Are you talking about the difference between tax included and not included here?
Yup. Actually I've just worked it out. The lowest Amazon UK price + North American delivery - VAT works out at £56.57.

Ok, mystery solved, there was no sudden price drop after all!

Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #2319 on: July 24, 2013, 06:55:46 AM »

Carl's expression is priceless. 'What is THIS sh*t??' God bless him!
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: July 24, 2013, 07:30:24 AM »

Carl's expression is priceless. 'What is THIS sh*t??' God bless him!

Hmmm...funny, because all I see is Carl trying to sing and work out the harmony back-up vocals with Brian.
Rich Panteluk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: July 24, 2013, 07:31:02 AM »

In my opinion, those of you who believe that Carl comes in with an expression that demonstrates that he DISLIKES the song are seeing something that isn't there.  It seems to me that Brian is doing his best to come up with something interesting for chord change and backing vocal arrangement ideas in the "stay out partying all night long..."  section and when Carl comes in he is similarly sincerely trying to work out / learn an interesting harmony in the same section.  What I see Carl doing there is listening and trying to contribute something useful; being the team player and great worker bee that he most often was.  I could be wrong, but I don't think so.  Apparently we all colour our impression of what is happening depending on our preconceived notions of what we think SHOULD be happening.  I haven't heard the new version but I would be Pleased Much if I could as I am from Canada and US Amazon won't let me get the free track, but I have been watching this album making video (which I love) for over 20 years.  I am looking forward to all the tracks from Made In California that I haven't heard.  The arty ones and the cheesy "commercial" ones.  Can't hardly wait!  
Edit
Ha Ha!  rockandroll beat me to it!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 07:32:41 AM by Rich Panteluk » Logged
SonicVolcano
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: July 24, 2013, 07:34:34 AM »

In my opinion, those of you who believe that Carl comes in with an expression that demonstrates that he DISLIKES the song are seeing something that isn't there.  It seems to me that Brian is doing his best to come up with something interesting for chord change and backing vocal arrangement ideas in the "stay out partying all night long..."  section and when Carl comes in he is similarly sincerely trying to work out / learn an interesting harmony in the same section.  What I see Carl doing there is listening and trying to contribute something useful; being the team player and great worker bee that he most often was.  I could be wrong, but I don't think so.  Apparently we all colour our impression of what is happening depending on our preconceived notions of what we think SHOULD be happening.  I haven't heard the new version but I would be Pleased Much if I could as I am from Canada and US Amazon won't let me get the free track, but I have been watching this album making video (which I love) for over 20 years.  I am looking forward to all the tracks from Made In California that I haven't heard.  The arty ones and the cheesy "commercial" ones.  Can't hardly wait!  
Edit

I agree Smiley
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2323 on: July 24, 2013, 07:54:48 AM »

Carl is actually transported away by the magic power of "Goin' to the Beach" and that expression is merely him trying to occupy his body again since he's floating somewhere by the ceiling.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2324 on: July 24, 2013, 08:06:22 AM »

Edit

I agree Smiley

So do I. Carl rather seems to me worrying about Brian being off key and straining his voice.

And I think Brian's falsetto at 0:53 and even those two notes at 2:31 sound more like his old voice than any recording since 1970. It must have been ruined later on after recovering.

Carl is actually transported away by the magic power of "Goin' to the Beach" and that expression is merely him trying to occupy his body again since he's floating somewhere by the ceiling.

You mean like trying to hold back a fart? Cheesy

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 ... 112 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx