gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680746 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 09:32:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 112 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MiC up for order on Amazon, August release  (Read 440549 times)
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1725 on: June 30, 2013, 05:38:01 AM »

Be Here Now is the most underrated album of the past 25 years. A crying shame. So much effort went into the making of it, so much subtlety, and the lyrics are on a par with those of Dylan, Cohen, Cale, and even Donne, in places.

Oh f*** no - Eeyore writes lyrics too ?  Shocked

I actually agree, Be here Now is an amazing LP - it's filled with in-your-face catchy tunes. I really never listen to lyrics, so wouldn't know, but in terms of melody it's a winner.

As one of the moderators asked people to get back on topic, wouldn't it be more respectful to stop talking about dull tosspots like Oasis and start talking about this box set again?

I am quite curious as to the contents of 'My Philosophy'. Oddly enough, I immediately thought of 'My Solution' after having learnt that that essay would be included with MiC. As if that were some follow-up to the essay...

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: June 30, 2013, 07:27:06 AM »

Be Here Now is the most underrated album of the past 25 years. A crying shame. So much effort went into the making of it, so much subtlety, and the lyrics are on a par with those of Dylan, Cohen, Cale, and even Donne, in places.

Oh f*** no - Eeyore writes lyrics too ?  Shocked

I actually agree, Be here Now is an amazing LP - it's filled with in-your-face catchy tunes. I really never listen to lyrics, so wouldn't know, but in terms of melody it's a winner.

As one of the moderators asked people to get back on topic, wouldn't it be more respectful to stop talking about dull tosspots like Oasis and start talking about this box set again?

I am quite curious as to the contents of 'My Philosophy'. Oddly enough, I immediately thought of 'My Solution' after having learnt that that essay would be included with MiC. As if that were some follow-up to the essay...

I bet it will have something to do with Arthur Koestler - didn't Brian read The Act Of Creation in High School and didn't it greatly influence his thinking?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 07:38:34 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: June 30, 2013, 08:26:24 AM »

^^ I think so. Thanks anyway for reminding me of that, seems to have been lodging somewhere in the back of my mind and didn't immediately think of this.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: June 30, 2013, 08:33:02 AM »

Family Guy for the win....... Grin

Now can we get back on topic?

Family Guy is great, yes (or at least it was), however it loses points due to the fact that everything else Seth Macfarlane has done is utterly average: American Dad, the Cleveland Show, that Oscars hosting gig, Ted (which had about 3 or 4 funny moments in it, surrounded by lazy post-modern 'jokes' ('haha yes, that's just like that bit in Airplane, haha and that's just like that bit in Flash Gordon, etc.'), endless self-referencing and the bizarre notion that someone saying 'c**t' is funny in and of itself).

I completely agree.....I am not a Seth MacFarlane fan at all.  He does more unfunny stuff than funny stuff, and he seems to have a political/social ax to grind.  He really should have stopped at Family Guy.  I would have been happy with that.  But I really want to hear the stereo mixes of Country Air and Do it Again in official pristine sound, and not pieced together constructions that just sound ok.  And there are so many other tracks I'm looking forward to--too many to list!
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: June 30, 2013, 12:26:23 PM »

Cheers is great, Seinfeld contains three of the most obnoxious television characters ever (and not in any amusing or clever ways), Family Guy was good for two seasons (3-4) with a couple others being okay and the rest ranging from iffy to bad, as bad as some of Seth MacFarlane's other work is I don't see how it can detract from what's good (I don't understand this way of thinking at all, nor do I understand why it's so common), I thought Seth MacFarlane was okay until he opted to be everywhere and spread his remaining creative talent very thin (why does so many people's output increase dramatically just as their quality level hits a huge low?) and I'm absolutely sick of him at this point, there's nothing wrong with your work having a political agenda because pandering and dumbing your work down for the sake of it being "safe" for all people is stupid, I rarely watch television because it seriously bores me 95% of the time and am wondering why I'm talking about television shows at such length, Marky Mark Wahlberg is a violent racist who takes himself way too seriously and should not continue to get work and be glorified because he's a bogus actor and an outright awful person in real life, Noel Gallagher has been writing great, timeless songs for twenty years now, I rarely get antsy about a release because there's always other stuff to enjoy in the meantime but Gosh Darn I'm ready to hear this box set after it being in the works for a year and a half, I really wish a few people would PM me here about anything because 14 is my unlucky number and I have 214 inbox messages and I want the number to go up and I'm not making this up seriously bad things happen in my life relating to the number 14 so please PM me to get my message count up we can talk about anything you want, and someone is reading all this thinking I have the worst taste in everything ever.

imo

I JUST WANTED TO GET IN ON THIS I'M SORRY.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 12:30:12 PM by Brian Wilson » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: June 30, 2013, 12:41:08 PM »

Y'all should make a topic in the Sandbox or summin

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: June 30, 2013, 12:42:12 PM »

Cheers is great, Seinfeld contains three of the most obnoxious television characters ever (and not in any amusing or clever ways), Family Guy was good for two seasons (3-4) with a couple others being okay and the rest ranging from iffy to bad, as bad as some of Seth MacFarlane's other work is I don't see how it can detract from what's good (I don't understand this way of thinking at all, nor do I understand why it's so common), I thought Seth MacFarlane was okay until he opted to be everywhere and spread his remaining creative talent very thin (why does so many people's output increase dramatically just as their quality level hits a huge low?) and I'm absolutely sick of him at this point, there's nothing wrong with your work having a political agenda because pandering and dumbing your work down for the sake of it being "safe" for all people is stupid, I rarely watch television because it seriously bores me 95% of the time and am wondering why I'm talking about television shows at such length, Marky Mark Wahlberg is a violent racist who takes himself way too seriously and should not continue to get work and be glorified because he's a bogus actor and an outright awful person in real life, Noel Gallagher has been writing great, timeless songs for twenty years now, I rarely get antsy about a release because there's always other stuff to enjoy in the meantime but Gosh Darn I'm ready to hear this box set after it being in the works for a year and a half, I really wish a few people would PM me here about anything because 14 is my unlucky number and I have 214 inbox messages and I want the number to go up and I'm not making this up seriously bad things happen in my life relating to the number 14 so please PM me to get my message count up we can talk about anything you want, and someone is reading all this thinking I have the worst taste in everything ever.

imo

I feel like I've just witnessed a meltdown.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: June 30, 2013, 12:43:33 PM »

imo

I feel like I've just witnessed a meltdown.

I like Mark Wahlberg!! 
Perhaps the best thing to do is for me to send you 14 PMs

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: June 30, 2013, 12:53:32 PM »

B A C K O N T O P I C ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: June 30, 2013, 01:04:39 PM »

Besides wibntla I am most looking forward to CF 74. It's that song that brought me here in the first place.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: June 30, 2013, 01:13:09 PM »

B A C K O N T O P I C ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Hey, some kind mod will come in here and fix this sh*t. I just like to assume mods will fix everything for me. I just break my damn cellular telephone by throwing it against a tree because I got into a fight with my wife and I can take it down to Radioshack and they can fix it for me because cellular phones are only a penny and I don't understand new contracts and wait a new one costs 300 dollars and now I'm mad as hell and I'm gonna take it out on this kid who did nothing wrong and is already absolutely miserable and just trying to do okay with his life, that's what I'm gonna do instead of blaming myself for being such a dipshit and also fairly blaming the sh*t-headed evil corporation who really screwed us all over because I can just take it down to Radioshack and they can do it for me.

Mods, where are you. Fix this. Mods can just fix everything for me I can just post off-topic horseshit wherever I want I can just do whatever and never take showerz because the mods can fix it for me
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 01:42:26 PM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: June 30, 2013, 01:16:10 PM »

I like Mark Wahlberg!!  
Perhaps the best thing to do is for me to send you 14 PMs

Perhaps you should write 14 letters to Mark Wahlberg telling him to actually have some shame over his past (I don't care what he says to save face, no one just completely/suddenly "grows out of" being a totally violent, racist asshole, especially when it occurs in your teens and 20s in the form of stabbing a man in the eye and throwing rocks at black people while shouting racial slurs, among other things) and stay at home in his castle with his millions of dollars for the remainder of his life.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 01:20:13 PM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: June 30, 2013, 01:21:51 PM »

This thread is so weird.  Brow

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: June 30, 2013, 02:17:27 PM »

My fault probably.

What song, besides WIBNTLA, are looking fwd to on MIC?

The live version of "Wild Honey"!  I've been waiting for it for quite some time.  Rock!

Me too! Will be a rockin' version, I'm sure and probably has the 'Oh mama, she's sweeter'-part. The well-known video with Blondie singing WH misses this part.

I, erm, understand it is a rockin' version; incredible actually, though I must be one of the few who'd rather hear Carl dish out the lead vocal. I think Blondie's solo stuff is leagues ahead of his contribs to the BBs, and his lead vocals for the live BBs numbers are nothing like as passionate or energetic as his solo stuff.

“We live in divisive times.”
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: June 30, 2013, 04:33:52 PM »

My fault probably.

What song, besides WIBNTLA, are looking fwd to on MIC?

The live version of "Wild Honey"!  I've been waiting for it for quite some time.  Rock!

Me too! Will be a rockin' version, I'm sure and probably has the 'Oh mama, she's sweeter'-part. The well-known video with Blondie singing WH misses this part.

I, erm, understand it is a rockin' version; incredible actually, though I must be one of the few who'd rather hear Carl dish out the lead vocal. I think Blondie's solo stuff is leagues ahead of his contribs to the BBs, and his lead vocals for the live BBs numbers are nothing like as passionate or energetic as his solo stuff.

YEah!!  It's a rocking little record that I want my jockey to play...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: June 30, 2013, 10:18:32 PM »

Guys, come on, we need to get back on topic because there are things to discuss about this Made in California Beach Boys boxed set. It contains 6 discs. It is square shaped with an orange and yellow color scheme. It will have lots of songs. Some of those songs will be HIT SINGLES. There will be lots of words too (in the book that is included). It will be so expensive your blood will boil. Come on, guys. If we veer off topic something might happen. Like, we might miss new information. People will forget to post breaking news in this here thread because they'll be consumed by the WILDLY off topic content. We cannot afford to click on this thread and skip over posts about comedy television shows or John Q. Public or John Quincy Adams or Andrew Doe's stock jokes and joke templates that he continually uses every time he's in a mood to attempt humor. Let's fill up some pages of this thread with ON TOPIC stuff. Let's do this.

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: June 30, 2013, 10:26:10 PM »

ok back on topic..I wonder if they added auto tune to ALL the songs on the box set... Shocked
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1742 on: June 30, 2013, 10:44:10 PM »

Guys, come on, we need to get back on topic because there are things to discuss about this Made in California Beach Boys boxed set. It contains 6 discs. It is square shaped with an orange and yellow color scheme. It will have lots of songs. Some of those songs will be HIT SINGLES. There will be lots of words too (in the book that is included). It will be so expensive your blood will boil. Come on, guys. If we veer off topic something might happen. Like, we might miss new information. People will forget to post breaking news in this here thread because they'll be consumed by the WILDLY off topic content. We cannot afford to click on this thread and skip over posts about comedy television shows or John Q. Public or John Quincy Adams or Andrew Doe's stock jokes and joke templates that he continually uses every time he's in a mood to attempt humor. Let's fill up some pages of this thread with ON TOPIC stuff. Let's do this.

Just had a most interesting - and relevant - email arrive... but as I'm not feeling humorous, I'm disinclined to share.  Old Man

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: June 30, 2013, 11:39:50 PM »

Just had a most interesting - and relevant - email arrive... but as I'm not feeling humorous, I'm disinclined to share.  Old Man

Had some cakes arrive yesterday here, not moved to share them either!  LOL

“We live in divisive times.”
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #1744 on: July 01, 2013, 12:22:54 AM »

Had some cakes arrive yesterday here, not moved to share them either!  LOL

Hey Andrew, wasn't it Karen Allen you got a thing for? Well I got pictures of her in the nude. You show us yours, I'll show you mine.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: July 01, 2013, 12:25:51 AM »

LOL

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: July 01, 2013, 12:52:10 AM »

ok back on topic..I wonder if they added auto tune to ALL the songs on the box set... Shocked

Huh

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: July 01, 2013, 09:22:14 AM »

So is Canada Amazon still the cheapest source to date?

just keep posting the best prices, thats what matters.  Grin

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: July 01, 2013, 09:25:29 AM »

I recall having to spend extra $ for jewelcases for the Smile BS (thats box set)

From the looks of things MIC is also got crappy disk storage so my budget inclds. more jewel cases.  Razz

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Jesse Reiswig
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: July 01, 2013, 09:52:27 AM »

[/quote]

I bet it will have something to do with Arthur Koestler - didn't Brian read The Act Of Creation in High School and didn't it greatly influence his thinking?
[/quote]

Very interesting. I checked out that book though and it wasn't published until 1964, so there's no way Brian was writing about it in high school. Still, I'm interested to see what a teenage Brian has to say about his dreams.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 112 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx