gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:33:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BAD Tour/Setlist '13  (Read 72085 times)
Gohi
« Reply #325 on: July 31, 2013, 01:06:00 AM »

Yikes that is my least favorite Brian picture ever lol.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: July 31, 2013, 02:05:50 AM »

Probably it's only me, but I think there's a glance in his eyes reminding me of his mid-60s photos. (Mid-1960s, I mean  Grin)

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 31, 2013, 11:09:41 AM »

it's Darian. and it's played pretty much note-for-note off the twofer version... Old Folks At Home (aka Swanee River)/Old Man River

Ah okay, I've never heard that version.  I've only heard the one from the Hawthorne, CA album which is beautiful.

bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 31, 2013, 11:55:29 AM »

never heard it? it's one of the greatest pieces of music made ever if you ask me. why is it not on youtube?!?
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 31, 2013, 12:00:20 PM »

Very creepy picture

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
MBE
« Reply #330 on: July 31, 2013, 01:00:42 PM »

Does anyone know if they have added any songs since Chicago?
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 31, 2013, 01:17:57 PM »

Don't know, but I'm sure glad that I got Break Away instead of Little Deuce Coupe at the Atlantic City show. Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Nicko1234
« Reply #332 on: July 31, 2013, 05:15:20 PM »

Apart from adding Hawaii and Little Deuce Coupe after the first show I don`t think they added any new songs throughout.
jimmy1949
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 01, 2013, 11:13:35 AM »

Jeezus..the tour is already over? Man that went by so fast!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: August 01, 2013, 01:46:43 PM »

Jeezus..the tour is already over? Man that went by so fast!

It was barely over a week long, six shows. Al has alluded to more dates being announced, presumably nearer the October LA date.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 02, 2013, 07:38:42 AM »

SET END DATE!!!! Sjdikckrhfjdoeh
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 06, 2013, 09:24:20 AM »

Since I'll *hopefully* be catching the DC show this fall, I took a closer look at the setlist to see just what exactly I'll be seeing (although I'm sure Brian's set will be shorter since Jeff Beck is doing his own thing too)

Why are these guys playing so much early stuff that Mike sang lead on and M&B band carry quite well already? I think of this band as the band that has the oppourtunity to play the deep stuff and really flesh out the 66-73 period...

I counted 12 songs out of the 37 in the set that are lead by Mike on the original recordings. Look at the encore for instance...

All Summer Long
Help Me Rhonda
Barbara Ann
Surfin' USA
Fun, Fun, Fun

...what about that screams Brian Wilson? It reads like a Mike and Bruce set.

Don't get me wrong though, there are some GREAT tracks slipped in that M&B don't touch often...Please Let Me Wonder, Girl Don't Tell Me, Pet Sounds, Our Prayer/Heroes and Villains...SUMMER'S GONE!

anyone else feel this way?
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 06, 2013, 09:42:43 AM »

Well, I mean Brian wrote most of those songs, they're his songs, except Barbara Ann.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 06, 2013, 09:42:59 AM »

Since I'll *hopefully* be catching the DC show this fall, I took a closer look at the setlist to see just what exactly I'll be seeing (although I'm sure Brian's set will be shorter since Jeff Beck is doing his own thing too)

Why are these guys playing so much early stuff that Mike sang lead on and M&B band carry quite well already? I think of this band as the band that has the oppourtunity to play the deep stuff and really flesh out the 66-73 period...

I counted 12 songs out of the 37 in the set that are lead by Mike on the original recordings. Look at the encore for instance...

All Summer Long
Help Me Rhonda
Barbara Ann
Surfin' USA
Fun, Fun, Fun

Don't get me wrong though, there are some GREAT tracks slipped in that M&B don't touch often...Please Let Me Wonder, Girl Don't Tell Me, Pet Sounds, Our Prayer/Heroes and Villains...SUMMER'S GONE!

They are Brian's songs no matter who sang them originally. Brian has played the last 4 songs that you post, every time that I have seen him since 1999. Except for Barbara Ann, they're his songs, he can sing whatever he wants. Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 06, 2013, 10:33:22 AM »

All Summer Long
Help Me Rhonda
Barbara Ann
Surfin' USA
Fun, Fun, Fun

Yeah, since 1986.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 06, 2013, 11:28:36 AM »

All Summer Long
Help Me Rhonda
Barbara Ann
Surfin' USA
Fun, Fun, Fun

Well, probably because the majority of the crowd comes to see three of the original Beach Boys and want to hear the songs that made them famous....it's not rocket science, really. You figure there are more die-hards at a BW/BAD show than at a M&B, but still, I'd imagine most people are just casual fans who want a good night out.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 06, 2013, 06:08:21 PM »

I get the whole "casual fan" thing and sure they're in part his songs as well. But his voice is just so different...it's like hearing a different song. "All Summer Long" does not sound like "All Summer Long" when Brian sings it. Again, just my opinion...and saying he can play them "because he can" doesn't take the discussion anywhere... Roll Eyes

There are encore worthy songs already in his setlist, so I would think he could put deeper tracks in the main set, and shift some Pet Sounds material and Smile type stuff to the encore. Just my thoughts again...
Gohi
« Reply #342 on: August 08, 2013, 04:44:36 AM »

I dunno if this is normal Foskett behavior but he was really obnoxious at our show. He would drink bottles of water and toss them behind the stage where the roadies/techs were. He must have used freaking twelve different guitars, none of which were audible (it became funny when he was pretending to play along to "Pet Sounds"). He did this stupid shuffle/dance across the stage several times throughout the show and only stopped when finally the drummer laughed at attempt #5. I'm sorry, I went in open-minded but he really cemented my opinion on him.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 08, 2013, 08:04:37 AM »

I dunno if this is normal Foskett behavior but he was really obnoxious at our show. He would drink bottles of water and toss them behind the stage where the roadies/techs were. He must have used freaking twelve different guitars, none of which were audible (it became funny when he was pretending to play along to "Pet Sounds"). He did this stupid shuffle/dance across the stage several times throughout the show and only stopped when finally the drummer laughed at attempt #5. I'm sorry, I went in open-minded but he really cemented my opinion on him.

He had a fit at the soundcheck at Merriweather last year over the changed lyrics on Isn't it Time...I couldn't hear understand what he was saying since he stepped away from the mic but he was getting red and seemed to be just short of screaming at Totten over the new sheet given to him and Brian. I can't say I'm a big fan...
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 08, 2013, 08:14:46 AM »

He has an arrogance and smugness that is pretty easy to pick up on.

Not an easily likable person

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 08, 2013, 08:19:13 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9_JXQLPS14

Grin
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 08:30:35 AM by Lowbacca » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 08, 2013, 09:41:10 AM »

Grin
Jeff was fine in that video. You can tell right off that he knew the girl video taping and was teasing her. I never found him arrogant, but at shows he can either be super-friendly or standoff-ish depending on his mood.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Heywood
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 08, 2013, 05:09:05 PM »

He drank water and played guitar!! Satan. He'll be singing next.   Evil
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 05:10:15 PM by Heywood » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 08, 2013, 05:16:02 PM »

Grin

Jeff was irritating, like usual.

But man, I hope that video wasn't recorded in 2012 considering Brian was under the impression That Lucky Old Sun hadn't been released yet  LOL

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 08, 2013, 05:23:29 PM »

I dunno if this is normal Foskett behavior but he was really obnoxious at our show. He would drink bottles of water and toss them behind the stage where the roadies/techs were. He must have used freaking twelve different guitars, none of which were audible (it became funny when he was pretending to play along to "Pet Sounds"). He did this stupid shuffle/dance across the stage several times throughout the show and only stopped when finally the drummer laughed at attempt #5.

So what? I don't see any problem there. I don't think he was playing a bunch of guitars and they weren't turned up. Probably blended in the mix.

Maybe you'd rather see Stamos up there instead?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx