gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:36:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BAD Tour/Setlist '13  (Read 72088 times)
Melt Away
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: June 01, 2013, 11:06:04 PM »

What do you think will be radically different from the C50 setlist? Brian solo tunes? Al solo tunes??...DAVE SOLO TUNES??? I hope so. At least some more BB deep-cuts(take your pick). I'm hoping for some LY material myself.

What little info I can add is I messaged Scott Bennett on Facebook and he said they will not be playing "Surf's Up" because "it was very, very difficult for Brian." Fair enough.

Anyway, post any info/questions etc related to the BAD tour set!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 09:22:39 AM by Melt Away » Logged

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 12:04:33 AM »

Look at the venues. It'll be a GH-heavy, audience friendly set (and yes, Brian does do them...). Differences from the C50 setlist ? It'll be a lot shorter, 35 tunes tops (if that).

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 12:06:51 AM »

I might wager that they will just try something new and have a slow build of hits before ending wth Surfin' USA, Barbara Ann, and Fun Fun Fun!
zachrwolfe
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 12:50:10 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:06:55 PM by zatch » Logged
Nicko1234
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 01:12:02 AM »

I would be a little surprised if there are any Al solo tunes and flabbergasted if there are any David songs.

I would hope that Al will sing I Get Around, California Girls, Help Me Rhonda, Then I Kissed Her, California Saga, Wouldn't it be Nice etc. Plus hopefully quite a few others.

I doubt there will be many songs not performed during the C50 tour or previously by Brian.

Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 01:31:57 AM »

Al should sing all the leads except for a few select which Brian could sing. Dave should be given a good portion of songs as well. I fear Brian's singing isn't quite holding up compared to Al.
LdC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 02:53:34 AM »

I just really hope it gets recorded and released.Oh, and comes to Australia.. Smiley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 05:14:20 AM »

If they play a LY song I sure hope it's Airplane. (though any of them would be both awesome and unlikely)

Last time Al toured with Brian there was an interview in which Al was mentioning "Honkin' down the highway" and that they should do it. Never happened iirc. Maybe this time.
I guess that it will be kinda like C50. I'm afraid though that they (Brian, Al, David) expect this to be something like a continued C50 with all the success and fun. Obviously this won't be anything like the Beach Boys tour but tell that the boys...

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 06:58:50 AM »

Wouldn't it be awesome to hear them do California feeling and don't fight the sea?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 07:05:37 AM »

Would really love to see Honkin' down the highway.. Brian loves Love You, the fans does, and even so rockstars, come on bring back Love You!
Melt Away
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 08:13:13 AM »

Well, if it's ever going to happen I think it will be on this tour! Airplane would be nice but I think if they do any LY tracks it will be HDTH. They could do a damn good version of TNWSY, I can hear it now! Dave doing those guitar licks in the verse?? Would be awesome. As far as Brian's singing goes, I know at times he get's super shrill when he tries "belting" it but if you ask me when he really gives a sh*t about a song he can conjure up that sweet BW tone we all love! I really hope this tour is more than what is currently expected, who knows. I will report from the Pittsburgh gig!

If they play a LY song I sure hope it's Airplane. (though any of them would be both awesome and unlikely)

Last time Al toured with Brian there was an interview in which Al was mentioning "Honkin' down the highway" and that they should do it. Never happened iirc. Maybe this time.
I guess that it will be kinda like C50. I'm afraid though that they (Brian, Al, David) expect this to be something like a continued C50 with all the success and fun. Obviously this won't be anything like the Beach Boys tour but tell that the boys...

STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 09:18:35 AM »

01. California Girls
02. Then I Kissed Her (Al)
03. Hawaii (David)
04. Catch A Wave
05. When I Grow Up (To Be A Man) or The Little Girl I Once Knew
06. Surfer Girl
07. In My Room
08. All Summer Long
09. Come Go With Me (Al)
10. Darlin' (Darian)
11. Don't Worry Baby (Jeff)
12. Sloop John B (Brian / Al)
13. Wouldn't It Be Nice (Al / Jeff)
14. God Only Knows
15. Sail On Sailor
16. Honkin' Down The Highway (Al)
17. Heroes & Villains
18. Do It Again
19. Marcella
20. California (Al)
21. Do You Wanna Dance (David)
22. Dance, Dance, Dance
23. I Get Around
24. Good Vibrations
<encore>
25. Johnny B. Goode
26. Help Me Rhonda (Al)
27. Barbara Ann
28. Surfin' USA
29. Fun, Fun, Fun
<encore>
30. Summer's Gone

Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 10:08:11 AM »

01. California Girls
03. Hawaii (David)
04. Catch A Wave
06. Surfer Girl
07. In My Room
08. All Summer Long
09. Come Go With Me (Al)
10. Darlin' (Darian)
14. God Only Knows
15. Sail On Sailor
17. Heroes & Villains
18. Do It Again
19. Marcella
20. California (Al)
22. Dance, Dance, Dance
23. I Get Around
24. Good Vibrations
<encore>
25. Johnny B. Goode
26. Help Me Rhonda (Al)
27. Barbara Ann
28. Surfin' USA
29. Fun, Fun, Fun
<encore>
30. Summer's Gone

seems very realistic to me!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 10:32:24 AM »

Al should sing all the leads except for a few select which Brian could sing. Dave should be given a good portion of songs as well. I fear Brian's singing isn't quite holding up compared to Al.

It's Brian's show. Al and Dave are his special guests. I'd be peeved if I spent money and only saw Brian sing a handful of songs.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 11:06:51 AM »

01. California Girls
03. Hawaii (David)
04. Catch A Wave
06. Surfer Girl
07. In My Room
08. All Summer Long
09. Come Go With Me (Al)
10. Darlin' (Darian)
14. God Only Knows
15. Sail On Sailor
17. Heroes & Villains
18. Do It Again
19. Marcella
20. California (Al)
22. Dance, Dance, Dance
23. I Get Around
24. Good Vibrations
<encore>
25. Johnny B. Goode
26. Help Me Rhonda (Al)
27. Barbara Ann
28. Surfin' USA
29. Fun, Fun, Fun
<encore>
30. Summer's Gone

seems very realistic to me!
Sounds about right, but I'd doubt they'd replace Love and Mercy with Summer's Gone (not they shouldn't).

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 11:19:13 AM »

What's BAD stand for?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 11:19:46 AM »

Brian, Al, and Dave.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 11:31:35 AM »

It's Brian's show. Al and Dave are his special guests. I'd be peeved if I spent money and only saw Brian sing a handful of songs.
I'm with you.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 12:53:27 PM »

I'd like to see some of the TWGMTR suite numbers performed.  At the very least, we know that "Summer's Gone" is a song the band can pull off well in a live setting, and who wouldn't enjoy seeing BAD taking advantage of Al's presence by offering up "From There to Back Again"?  I'd love to see the guys perform FTtBA, then into "Pacific Coast Highway," before capping everything off with the aforementioned "Summer's Gone."
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2013, 01:55:05 PM »

Minus the EXTREME hits that will be played by both Mike/Bruce and Brian/Al/David....I think they'll play the same length show that M&B do...approx 30 songs except, it'll sort of be the other half of the setlist from last year that Mike and Bruce are not touching!
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2013, 02:49:08 PM »

I'd like to see some of the TWGMTR suite numbers performed.  At the very least, we know that "Summer's Gone" is a song the band can pull off well in a live setting, and who wouldn't enjoy seeing BAD taking advantage of Al's presence by offering up "From There to Back Again"?  I'd love to see the guys perform FTtBA, then into "Pacific Coast Highway," before capping everything off with the aforementioned "Summer's Gone."

I didn't even think of that but would definitely make sense, sounds like a great idea they should really try
Melt Away
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 03:48:38 PM »

TWGMTR Suite, a few more Brian solo tunes and anything from LY would be mind melting. Although, you could give me even one of the three and it will be unforgettable.

If the M&B show can pull out stuff like WH then what's stopping BAD from delving a little deeper?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2013, 02:06:46 AM »

This:

1 - "WH" is a bona fide Top 40 hit, not a deep cut: it's on all the major compilations.

2 - BA&D don't have anything like the name recognition of The Beach Boys (any version you care to name), so straying too far from the GH path isn't likely or sensible.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 02:08:06 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2013, 02:11:36 AM »

01. California Girls
03. Hawaii (David)
04. Catch A Wave
06. Surfer Girl
07. In My Room
08. All Summer Long
09. Come Go With Me (Al)
10. Darlin' (Darian)
14. God Only Knows
15. Sail On Sailor
17. Heroes & Villains
18. Do It Again
19. Marcella
20. California (Al)
22. Dance, Dance, Dance
23. I Get Around
24. Good Vibrations
<encore>
25. Johnny B. Goode
26. Help Me Rhonda (Al)
27. Barbara Ann
28. Surfin' USA
29. Fun, Fun, Fun
<encore>
30. Summer's Gone

Very reasonable assumption... and more of a hits top heavy set than either Brian or M&B have ever done. Betcha he wouldn't get flayed alive for it, though.  Wink

STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 02:16:08 AM »

TWGMTR Suite, a few more Brian solo tunes and anything from LY would be mind melting. Although, you could give me even one of the three and it will be unforgettable.

If the M&B show can pull out stuff like WH then what's stopping BAD from delving a little deeper?

Practical reasons.  M&B band tours often enough to justify spending time on rehearsing new songs and getting them into shape.
BAD has only few gigs booked so far, and that doesn't justify the costs related to rehearsing new songs.  I will be pleased to be wrong on this.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx