gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680783 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 12:59:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: An entertaining Van Dyke Parks interview from Greece  (Read 2433 times)
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2013, 06:57:49 PM »

http://blues.gr/profiles/blogs/interview-with-versalite-artist-van-dyke-parks

You know this is going to be fun when the interviewer describes VDP as a "versalite" musician, and the chuckles keep on coming.  Van Dyke speaks (or writes - this looks like an email exchange) of the loss of his virginity, at the same time referencing one of Mike's major contributions to our language.  His remarks about Francis Albert Sinatra are such as to make it sound as if he replaced Joey in the Rat Pack.  ("Hey, Jilly, I need some of dat, ah, egghead stuff.  No, not egg foo yung. I mean da cat with all them fifty-dollar words. Have 'im come over heah.")   

He also mentions his involvement with the third Happy End album, though he doesn't get around to talking about the lecture he gave that Tokyo-based ensemble about Pearl Harbor.

On a more serious side he mentions upcoming hand surgery - this I guess was why he cancelled his recent NYC gig.  I sure hope all went well with that.

Plus fulminations about "acid folk," meditations on Louis Armstrong and pot, and an entire Ferlinghetti poem.  And yep, the BBs are mentioned though just briefly.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx