gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 10:40:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New "Mike Love track"?  (Read 20902 times)
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2013, 12:36:02 PM »

Sometimes I find this board mind blowing.  Adam Marsland posts that a new DW track has been dicovered, better than WIBNTLA, and will be on MIC. And an unreleased 'Radio' song snippet out there. All met by yawns.
How about we all get excited when we see the setlist. Better yet, how about when we hear them. For me anyway, no need to get excited now only to be possibly disappointed later.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2013, 12:41:03 PM »

Yes, and it will be released in conjunction with Erectile Disfunction Awareness week.

How come you are aware of this week?  Roll Eyes

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2013, 12:46:50 PM »

Well that snippet's been out there for almost a year.

Well then, where is the thread? It just popped up on Brian's board, where I found it. Just because U were asleep at the wheel on WH........  LOL

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2013, 12:52:08 PM »

Sometimes I find this board mind blowing.  Adam Marsland posts that a new DW track has been dicovered, better than WIBNTLA, and will be on MIC. And an unreleased 'Radio' song snippet out there. All met by yawns.
How about we all get excited when we see the setlist. Better yet, how about when we hear them. For me anyway, no need to get excited now only to be possibly disappointed later.

Hell, people are excited enough about another unheard Dennis song, WIBNTLA, to make 1000s of posts about it.

I am excited about MIC. Especially so after talking to Al Jardine about it. I can patiently wait too, want them to get it right.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2013, 01:04:31 PM »

Sometimes I find this board mind blowing.  Adam Marsland posts that a new DW track has been dicovered, better than WIBNTLA, and will be on MIC. And an unreleased 'Radio' song snippet out there. All met by yawns.

Hell, people are excited enough about another unheard Dennis song, WIBNTLA, to make 1000s of posts about it.

I am excited about MIC. Especially so after talking to Al Jardine about it. I can patiently wait too, want them to get it right.
I hear ya! I do think that they will get it right. I am trying real hard to stay patient. Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2013, 01:16:03 PM »

Well that snippet's been out there for almost a year.

Well then, where is the thread? It just popped up on Brian's board, where I found it. Just because U were asleep at the wheel on WH........  LOL
Must admit, I was asleep at the wheel on the PBS concert thread. Never opened it as I was moving from Hawaii at the time.

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2013, 01:21:39 PM »

I hear ya! I do think that they will get it right. I am trying real hard to stay patient. Smiley

I THINK I have a good feeling about what is going to be in that box. From what I read, between the lines and outside the lines, we are all going to be pretty damm happy is my prediction. My main questions are will "Carry Me Home" be on there and how many Radio rejects have been prepped.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2013, 01:46:13 PM »

Must have missed that! Where do I have to look?  Shocked

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2013, 02:40:58 PM »

this was one one of those documentaries from last year. and "Sunny Days" is just the name of the user that posted the clip, not the name of the song.

Never the less, an unreleased track from Radio, lyrics by ML?

I don't know how accurate this is, but back when the special aired we were calling it "I'd Go Anywhere", which was the one finished song left off the suite on TWGMTR.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2013, 02:47:34 PM »

Backing track finished. Not lyrics or vocals.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2013, 02:49:47 PM »

They at least started vox - those harmonies from the clip sound fleshed out and Thomas-ized.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2013, 02:51:24 PM »

Backing track finished. Not lyrics or vocals.
The snipped sunny days posted has some awesome sounding brv. You can download it from the link. Course, Brian is talking over it.

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2013, 02:53:29 PM »

They at least started vox - those harmonies from the clip sound fleshed out and Thomas-ized.
Yeah, definitely auto-tuned and Jeff in there. But great for a bunch of guys in their 70s.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2013, 02:54:26 PM »

I'm guess that those voices in the clip are just Jeff (maybe a little Brian) but weren't replaced yet with Beach Boys vocals.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2013, 02:56:52 PM »

Smokin
Sometimes I find this board mind blowing.  Adam Marsland posts that a new DW track has been dicovered, better than WIBNTLA, and will be on MIC. And an unreleased 'Radio' song snippet out there. All met by yawns.

Must have missed that! Where do I have to look?  Shocked

That post got cut, along with others, when the song thread went bonkers and the board went down a couple months ago.

New song can be found:

http://sunnydays.podomatic.com/entry/2012-07-14T10_03_15-07_00

Bottom left of the page in gold text, says "download episode".- 47 sec snippet
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 03:24:37 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2013, 03:42:09 PM »

Smokin

Must have missed that! Where do I have to look?  Shocked

That post got cut, along with others, when the song thread went bonkers and the board went down a couple months ago.

New song can be found:

Oh yes, I misunderstood. I thought it was another newly found Dennis song besides WIBNTLA. Thanks for your answer!

- Jack Rieley
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2013, 04:01:16 PM »

Smokin

New song can be found:

Oh yes, I misunderstood. I thought it was another newly found Dennis song besides WIBNTLA. Thanks for your answer!

This song apparently is a Radio track that didn't make the album.

But Adam Marshland did post that 'they' discovered an unknown Dennis track that's even better than WIBNTLA. All I know about it.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2013, 04:02:53 PM »

Smokin

New song can be found:

This song apparently is a Radio track that didn't make the album.

But Adam Marshland did post that 'they' discovered an unknown Dennis track that's even better than WIBNTLA. All I know about it.

Allright, now I really am excited! Thanks again!!

- Jack Rieley
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2013, 06:12:19 PM »

What? where? how? huh?
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2013, 08:01:48 PM »

I recall the mention of the new Dennis track, though I don't remember it being described as better than "Live Again."  This is not to say it wasn't, simply that if it were, I had forgotten.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2013, 08:18:44 PM »

I recall the mention of the new Dennis track, though I don't remember it being described as better than "Live Again."  This is not to say it wasn't, simply that if it were, I had forgotten.

He did say something to that affect. The fact that Jon S has been silent on the subject makes me even more excited.

Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2013, 08:28:30 PM »

When did that happen? where? what was his post? thisidsiisfherogiergkpozeiugir,f?N?NNNN?Huh?
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2013, 08:30:30 PM »

When did that happen? where? what was his post? thisidsiisfherogiergkpozeiugir,f?N?NNNN?Huh?

Eaten by the board when it went down for a few days a couple of months ago.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2013, 08:39:07 PM »

Yup.

Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2013, 02:16:50 AM »

Yup.

Oh darn it, well thank you guys for mentioning this so now people that are completely lost like me knows  Grin
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx