gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 08:39:33 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New "Mike Love track"?  (Read 20905 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2013, 06:46:27 AM »

Sometimes I find this board mind blowing.  Adam Marsland posts that a new DW track has been dicovered, better than WIBNTLA, and will be on MIC.
[/b]

Really? When was this said, I totally missed it.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2013, 07:01:50 AM »

Huh We were just talking about it.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2013, 08:31:24 AM »

Sometimes I find this board mind blowing.  Adam Marsland posts that a new DW track has been dicovered, better than WIBNTLA, and will be on MIC. And an unreleased 'Radio' song snippet out there. All met by yawns.

I thought Al would have let you know about this. You oughta take it up with him, really. Don't let him shut you out this way after everything you've both been through…

“We live in divisive times.”
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2013, 10:26:07 AM »

Dunno in which thread this belongs. Anyway, from Facebook:

Brian recording at Ocean Way with Scott Bennett in L.A.

EDIT: rab2591 posted this in the "More studio news"-thread. That's of course more fitting. Hope you don't mind
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 10:30:42 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2013, 11:56:13 AM »

Sometimes I find this board mind blowing.  Adam Marsland posts that a new DW track has been dicovered, better than WIBNTLA, and will be on MIC. And an unreleased 'Radio' song snippet out there. All met by yawns.

I thought Al would have let you know about this. You oughta take it up with him, really. Don't let him shut you out this way after everything you've both been through…

Seems like now that AGD has a new lease on life and an enjoyable persona, someone has taken the sourpuss torch and is running with it.

I have extensively reported my lengthly conversation with Al after last years Eugene C50 show. Might I suggest you put down your pint and do a little research. In any event, if you had been paying attention, you'd have read that the discovery post dates my conversation with Al.

Please feel free to PM me directly for more information John.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2013, 02:15:02 AM »

Why hasn't Al Jardine spilled the beans yet?

He did, maybe. He told me they were gonna do more recording on the left off 'Radio' tracks for the boxed set.

And here, apparently, is one of them. Have I missed this on the board?
"Sunny Days", sounds pretty good. We may be getting a whole new album on MIC

http://sunnydays.podomatic.com/entry/2012-07-14T10_03_15-07_00

Hey, why didn't they put this on TWGMTR and just leave TPLOBAS off?

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2013, 08:45:21 AM »

DELETED
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 10:57:46 PM by the professor » Logged
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2013, 11:43:39 AM »

The Professor wants to say a couple of things, based on my conversations with the MIC producer, AB, a couple of weeks ago, which I offered as a direct message from AB to the board at his request. That message was simply sit tight, it's coming, and it will have the songs (at least some of them) that you have all been wondering about, like that Dennis song.

I also gathered (this is me talking not AB) that there will be NO Radio rejects and thus nothing from the Celebration band of 2012. I also gathered that some Dennis/Mike tunes (about which I know nothing) would find a home on MIC. So if Mike is working with AB in the studio, as per that photo, it may very well be for MIC. I don't see how BW, working with JT, and ML, working with AB, have anything to do with my one and only dream, a new BB album. So even the professor is not sanguine about a new BB album, while work on the MIC and perhaps a new BW album with unknown BB contribution (Al and Dave we hope at least) continues apace.  The only photo that would tell me otherwise is BW at the piano with all the BB hooked up to instruments and Mike with a pen.

Obviously plans change. If Mike is doing overdubs for MIC track (s), cool but late in the game. Predicting a tracklist in the next  60 days  but box pushed back again.

From what I read,  there are 12 leftover tracks from Radio in various stages of completion plus the Life Suite to do. From the sound snippet I heard this weekend, can't believe it will all be junked. Hoping for another BB album in 2014, unless Brian is pulling a sneaky and working on a new BB album (though every indication is it's a BW solo album). Though Brian did say last year he only wanted to record BB albums from then on.

As we saw with Radio, these guys really do know how to keep a secret.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2013, 02:05:21 PM »

The Professor wants to say a couple of things, based on my conversations with the MIC producer, AB, a couple of weeks ago, which I offered as a direct message from AB to the board at his request. That message was simply sit tight, it's coming, and it will have the songs (at least some of them) that you have all been wondering about, like that Dennis song.

I also gathered (this is me talking not AB) that there will be NO Radio rejects and thus nothing from the Celebration band of 2012. I also gathered that some Dennis/Mike tunes (about which I know nothing) would find a home on MIC. So if Mike is working with AB in the studio, as per that photo, it may very well be for MIC. I don't see how BW, working with JT, and ML, working with AB, have anything to do with my one and only dream, a new BB album. So even the professor is not sanguine about a new BB album, while work on the MIC and perhaps a new BW album with unknown BB contribution (Al and Dave we hope at least) continues apace.  The only photo that would tell me otherwise is BW at the piano with all the BB hooked up to instruments and Mike with a pen.

Obviously plans change. If Mike is doing overdubs for MIC track (s), cool but late in the game. Predicting a tracklist in the next  60 days  but box pushed back again.

From what I read,  there are 12 leftover tracks from Radio in various stages of completion plus the Life Suite to do. From the sound snippet I heard this weekend, can't believe it will all be junked. Hoping for another BB album in 2014, unless Brian is pulling a sneaky and working on a new BB album (though every indication is it's a BW solo album). Though Brian did say last year he only wanted to record BB albums from then on.

Something inside me says Beach Boys album. I smell a rat. Some coincidence that Ocean Way has been overrun by Beach Boys lately. If August 27th is a real release date, then recording for MIC is real late.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 02:06:39 PM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2013, 02:38:44 PM »

I also gathered (this is me talking not AB) that there will be NO Radio rejects and thus nothing from the Celebration band of 2012. I also gathered that some Dennis/Mike tunes (about which I know nothing) would find a home on MIC. So if Mike is working with AB in the studio, as per that photo, it may very well be for MIC. I don't see how BW, working with JT, and ML, working with AB, have anything to do with my one and only dream, a new BB album. So even the professor is not sanguine about a new BB album, while work on the MIC and perhaps a new BW album with unknown BB contribution (Al and Dave we hope at least) continues apace.  The only photo that would tell me otherwise is BW at the piano with all the BB hooked up to instruments and Mike with a pen.

Obviously plans change. If Mike is doing overdubs for MIC track (s), cool but late in the game. Predicting a tracklist in the next  60 days  but box pushed back again.

From what I read,  there are 12 leftover tracks from Radio in various stages of completion plus the Life Suite to do. From the sound snippet I heard this weekend, can't believe it will all be junked. Hoping for another BB album in 2014, unless Brian is pulling a sneaky and working on a new BB album (though every indication is it's a BW solo album). Though Brian did say last year he only wanted to record BB albums from then on.

Something inside me says Beach Boys album. I smell a rat. Some coincidence that Ocean Way has been overrun by Beach Boys lately. If August 27th is a real release date, then recording for MIC is real late.

Alan Boyd is producing MIC so that would explain him being in the studio with Mike. Someone posted about a new Joe Thomas interview mentioning Jeff Beck and a new BW solo album. In any event, we all have things to look foward to, agrue about, debate.

Sunflowerpet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2013, 03:10:23 PM »

One thing is clear in that pic, Mike is well fed.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2013, 03:27:04 PM »

So Brian and Mike ARE secretly feeding together.

Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2013, 04:40:10 PM »

Why hasn't Al Jardine spilled the beans yet?

He did, maybe. He told me they were gonna do more recording on the left off 'Radio' tracks for the boxed set.

And here, apparently, is one of them. Have I missed this on the board?
"Sunny Days", sounds pretty good. We may be getting a whole new album on MIC

http://sunnydays.podomatic.com/entry/2012-07-14T10_03_15-07_00

Hey, why didn't they put this on TWGMTR and just leave TPLOBAS off?

It sounds a lot like one of the spoken word sections of TLOS in my opinion.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2013, 05:00:49 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:06:51 PM by zatch » Logged
Nicko1234
« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2013, 05:28:33 PM »

I also gathered that some Dennis/Mike tunes (about which I know nothing) would find a home on MIC. So if Mike is working with AB in the studio, as per that photo, it may very well be for MIC.

10,000 Years perhaps?
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2013, 07:52:47 PM »

Just to refresh everyone on what we know officially about Brian's recent work.

The original post is here (thanks, Buddhahat!): http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,15536.msg371052.html#msg371052

----------

The latest issue of Mojo has a 3/4 page on the new Brian album focusing on the collaboration with Jeff Beck.
Some choice quotes:

Earlier this year Wilson and Beck spent a week in the studio. "They got along famously and came up with some new things" says Brian's collaborator Joe Thomas. The LP's one non original, he added, is a traditional song familiar to them both from their youths.: " It's actually the first song Brian ever learned to sing from his grandmother," says Thomas. "Jeff Beck blasted off this one version and it knocked Brian out of the ballpark and then Brian came up with an arrangement and within a few hours there was this magical version" The song, whose title they're keeping secret for now " will blow everyone's minds".

And ...

Thomas reminded him of their 80 hours of unreleased material from those (1998) sessions. He put them in digital files and Brian referred to some when writing songs for last year's TWGMTR. Others he wanted to save for a solo record. "He was very specific about which were which," says Thomas, " and in a lot of cases, the ones for his own album are a lot edgier." He also wanted to write new songs. "I've known him for 20 years and I've never seen him so prolific." So many, Brian says, he can't remember the titles. There's "no concept" this time, "just music. I love the music."
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2013, 10:26:47 PM »

http://www.danaddington.com/denny/quotes.html

Is where I found it but my bad  memory tells me that it originally appeared in a Rolling Stone article in the 70's.

If anyone knows for sure please correct me.

OregonRiverRider, this is totally unrelated, but where is that Dennis quote in your sig from? I've seen it a number of times before but where I can't remember.

Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2013, 12:25:31 AM »

So Brian and Mike ARE secretly feeding together.

Secretly feeding each other? Better call Stan Love and sort this out. If u'know what I mean...
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2013, 01:51:39 PM »

I also gathered that me Dennis/Mike tunes (about which I know nothing) would find a home on MIC. So if Mike is working with AB in the studio, as per that photo, it may very well be for MIC.

10,000 Years perhaps?
Could be though I have read conflicting reports that it was actually ever tracked. Lasted, I think, was that it wasn't.

Did they find a track and Dennis vocal to "I've Got a Friend", which I understand was tracked.

Did they find a new song from Dennis' aborted first solo album.

Was Mike supervising a Scott guitar solo for "The Battle Hymm of the Republic". The possibilites are exciting (except for BHOTR).

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx