gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680756 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 04:37:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Astrology of the Beach Boys  (Read 22800 times)
TMinthePM
Smiley Smile Associate

How can I show you Zen if you do not first empty y

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2013, 11:29:09 AM »

Daniel Welland Doud says this about this coming week:

An incredible planetary alignment happens this week as Jupiter aligns with both Venus & Mercury... When a group of three or more planets are all located in the same position in the sky, astrologically we call that a "Stellium" and is one of the most powerful configurations in astrology... Stelliums are the signs the universe uses to indicate very important events and changes are about to take place... A good way to envision the energy is that instead of having just one planet ruling a certain area of life... A Stellium indicates that matters are being handled by a "committee" with additional insight and awareness being available.

Jupiter is the sign of "good-fortune" and being aligned with both Venus (wealth) and Mercury (truth) there are sure to be major revelations of facts or info that has been passed over or ignored... This is the universe's way of correcting the past mistakes and putting us all back on a path that is based upon truth and facts. Jupiter is also a planet of judgment, so the info contained can be quite damaging in some circumstances. This is the universe saying "here is the truth, deal with it"... It's intended to snap people out of the illusions of Neptune and focus on the immediate needs of Saturn.

These are certainly not ordinary times... The core of this chart is to take you much higher than the "world events" and make sure your own judgments (Jupiter) are not being polluted or influenced by Modern Life... Yeah, there may be strange events that take place in the world, but it is our job not to lose our own perspective of our own lives... This Jupiter stellium is there to remind us that anything can happen at any moment if we leave enough room for the Big Spirit to work it's magic & miracles. Just as more millionaires were created during the great depression just by people choosing to put their own talents & abilities to work... And then one thing leads to another.

Yeah, so we have this awesome Stellium taking place... And we also have asteroid 1198-QE2 flying by too... Yeah, the universe is definitely trying to tell us something... I'd pay very close attention to all the details and the little things that others say and do...

So, it looks as tho, as far as Brian Wilson is concerned, the aspects are right, and we, my friends, may be the beneficiaries if he choses to produce new music. 
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2013, 12:29:30 PM »

as I stated earlier, science can explain the hows of existence, but not the whys. It tells us how our bodies function, how the world turns... it attempts to explain existence. Do these explanations amount to the deeper truth? Do they explain why we exist? To me, that is the truth. Science stays away from all that.
Science doesn't stay away from this. Its just you get answers you don't want, such as it is likely we are; all here by chance; there is no creator; no grand design; no afterlife;  no meaning of life.

And is my life empty because of my acceptance of these likelihoods. Far from it. I see the beauty of the wonderful ecosystem of laws and processes of which I am part. How wonderful that we have, in our skulls, one of the most complex things in the universe. This is where my sense of wonderment comes from. The real stuff all around me.

a lot of people don't consider the human race a species of ape

Well we are, so those people are morons. Denying evolution is as ignorant as maintaining the world is flat.

Science doesn't give me answers I don't want. I don't look to science for answers. Science is knowledge that explains our physical reality. I'm all for science. Knowledge is good... knowledge is power.

If you truly believe that we are here by chance, that there is no grand design and no meaning of life, and if science helps you bolster those opinions... good for you. I am not trying to convince you otherwise.

All I'm saying is science can't explain everything. You seem to be saying that if science can't explain it, it doesn't exist.

As stated above, I don't deny evolution. I believe that we are souls residing in human form. The human form has evolved and is therefore most likely still evolving. I believe that the soul also evolves. Both individually and as a whole.

You know what else is evolving? Science. At one point in time, science stated that the world WAS flat. Now we know better.

If my beliefs are really too much to accept, then let's just agree to disagree. We won't be the first to do so.

Science as we know it, i.e, forming a hypothesis then finding facts to fit that hypothesis (rather than coming up with an idea and shoehorning in the facts to fit it and disregarding those that don't) only came into existence during the rennaisance, but really came into it's own in the 18th century. It was people refuting ancient "wisdoms" such as flat earth theories and astrology, and looking for evidence of what was real, that lead to modern science.

I'm glad you know evolution is true. Much confusion is caused by the scientific meaning of "theory"

Your beliefs aren't too much to accept, as long as you say they're just beliefs. It's you saying "there is definitely  something to it" which I took exception to. As I said many posts ago, the onus of proof is on you. You have yet replied to that.

As for the soul thing. If our soul is "us", our "essence", explain why someone's personality can change drastically when something happens to the brain?  What makes us "us" is so obviously neurological, to believe otherwise is, again, willful ignorance. If there is a soul, what is it's purpose? It's like saying the kidney does not clean waste from your blood, that function is instead performed by a strange mystical force, which floats out of your body when you die. When you think of it like that, you see what a ridiculous concept the soul is. Be happy though The human brain is the most complex thing we know of in the universe. Now that is amazing!

I'm happy to talk about my music theories, but you must see that my website is obviously tongue in cheek. (Thanks for visiting by the way, not many people do!) I personally do find the process of composing music to be about method and number crunching. Music is obviously not a science though. I like to think of it as the sound of numbers.

Of course we can agree to differ, as long as you know that my opinions are based on known facts, and yours are based on nothing more than wishful thinking. So at least we can agree that any argument is therefore pointless.

when something has been around as long as astrology, and when you read an article like the one I posted and see just how in-depth of a study it really is... then yes, there is definitely something to it.

as for the onus of proof, I am not trying to prove anything to anyone. I gave up on that years ago. life is about finding things out for ourselves and choosing our own beliefs.

as for the soul thing, I believe the soul and the human personality are two different things, though somewhat intertwined. we are hardwired into our bodies, and therefore at the mercy of our faculties to a great extent. a very simple metaphor would be a passenger in a vehicle. If the car crashes, the person may be affected. Injuries may occur. It doesn't mean the passenger IS the vehicle.

The brain is highly complex, yes. We are lucky to have them. But the brain is like a computer. Without electricity (aka soul) a computer is useless, regardless of its complexity.

You say what makes us "us" is so obviously neurological. My father suffered and died from a neurological disorder, ALS or Lou Gehrig's Disease which gradually attacks the entire body rendering the victim paralyzed. My dad never lost an ounce of intelligence or will to live or sense of humor, even as his body gave out... year after year. So no, our neurological system is not what makes us "us".

What is the soul's purpose? In my opinion it is to gain experience through life on earth, many lives actually, in order to grow and evolve and hopefully achieve happiness, understanding, perfection, or whatever lessons it hopes to learn through living.

It's like saying the kidney does not clean waste from your blood, that function is instead performed by a strange mystical force, which floats out of your body when you die. When you think of it like that, you see what a ridiculous concept the soul is.

no, i don't see. please don't do my thinking for me.
yes the kidney does clean waste from the blood. the human body has many functions in order to stay alive. but what gives our bodies the spark of life? what makes our heart beat and our kidneys function in the first place? can science truly explain the existence of life or can it simply describe what it observes in great detail? only the latter i'm afraid.

I do not admit that my beliefs are based on wishful thinking. It's unfortunate that some people rely only on what they can see and read in a textbook to give them all the answers. I've lived long enough and experienced enough to know otherwise.

I'm really not interested in a lengthy philosophical argument. we know where each other stands, we've agreed to disagree. you're not convincing me and i'm not convincing you. let's move on, shall we?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 01:04:50 PM by bossaroo » Logged
TMinthePM
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 27, 2013, 12:47:42 PM »

Bossaroo - "What is the soul's purpose? In my opinion it is to gain experience through life on earth, many lives actually, in order to grow and evolve and hopefully achieve happiness, understanding, perfection, or whatever lessons it hopes to learn through living."

I'd call that a Bull's Eye!
TMinthePM
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2013, 01:00:40 PM »

This debate reminds me of a scene from Woody Allen's "Play it again Sam:"

Woody approaches a young woman contemplating an abstract painting in an art gallery:

Woody: It’s quite a lovely Jackson Pollock, isn’t it?

Girl: Yes it is.

Woody: What does it say to you?

Girl: It restates the negativness of the universe – the hideous empty loneliness of existence – nothingness – the predicament of man forced to live in a barren godless eternity like a tiny flame flickering in an immense void with nothing but waste, horror and degradation forming a useless bleak straightjacket in a black absurd cosmos.

Woody: What are you doing Saturday night?

Girl: Committing suicide.

Woody: What about Friday night?
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 27, 2013, 01:01:47 PM »

LOL
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #155 on: May 27, 2013, 02:15:42 PM »

Bossaroo - "What is the soul's purpose? In my opinion it is to gain experience through life on earth, many lives actually, in order to grow and evolve and hopefully achieve happiness, understanding, perfection, or whatever lessons it hopes to learn through living."

I'd call that a Bull's Eye!

Bull's something LOL

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

I'm really not interested in a lengthy philosophical argument. we know where each other stands, we've agreed to disagree. you're not convincing me and i'm not convincing you. let's move on, shall we?
Absolutely guys. It's been fun. Smiley
TMinthePM
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2013, 04:08:59 PM »

Skepticism, but not cynicism, is of course a welcome, healthy, even necessary response to what might at face value seem to fly in the face of common sense, not to mention learned opinion.

It is equally important to bear ever in mind, however, that we function within a mental paradigm that is itself a cultural construct, conjured in response to our experience and understanding of the seemingly infinite depth and mystery of existence. Paradigm being that famous box that we are so often encouraged to think outside of. 

The paradigm born of the enlightenment seems, to many thoughtful observers, to have reached a point of diminishing returns. As the environment in which we function, and our understanding of it evolves, a paradigm shift occurs. The gains made as a consequence of the mechanistic, materialistic paradigm are not discarded, but rather enfolded within an ongoing development in consciousness. Scientific methodology, the disciplined reasoning function of mind, becomes a valued tool in our kit. But not the only tool.

We reactivate and reconfirm an equally vital faculty of consciousness in the contemplation of the good and the beautiful.  Which is what we do when we respond to the beautiful creations of Brian Wilson and his Beach Boys. And that experience is enriched by an understanding of the influences cultural and cosmological that informed the creation of those beauties.

I know that this does not address the seeming impossibility of linkages between starlight and man, but that is the fault of man and his paradigm, and not of the stars. That linkage is explained in the newly emerging paradigm, is entirely reasonable and was perceived and understood by thoughtful men and women world-wide in the 1960s and all the more clearly in our own time.

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2013, 04:23:20 PM »

Skepticism, but not cynicism, is of course a welcome, healthy, even necessary response to what might at face value seem to fly in the face of common sense, not to mention learned opinion.

It is equally important to bear ever in mind, however, that we function within a mental paradigm that is itself a cultural construct, conjured in response to our experience and understanding of the seemingly infinite depth and mystery of existence. Paradigm being that famous box that we are so often encouraged to think outside of. 

The paradigm born of the enlightenment seems, to many thoughtful observers, to have reached a point of diminishing returns. As the environment in which we function, and our understanding of it evolves, a paradigm shift occurs. The gains made as a consequence of the mechanistic, materialistic paradigm are not discarded, but rather enfolded within an ongoing development in consciousness. Scientific methodology, the disciplined reasoning function of mind, becomes a valued tool in our kit. But not the only tool.

We reactivate and reconfirm an equally vital faculty of consciousness in the contemplation of the good and the beautiful.  Which is what we do when we respond to the beautiful creations of Brian Wilson and his Beach Boys. And that experience is enriched by an understanding of the influences cultural and cosmological that informed the creation of those beauties.

I know that this does not address the seeming impossibility of linkages between starlight and man, but that is the fault of man and his paradigm, and not of the stars. That linkage is explained in the newly emerging paradigm, is entirely reasonable and was perceived and understood by thoughtful men and women world-wide in the 1960s and all the more clearly in our own time.

My Ouija board didn't tell me what I wanted to hear.

So do you know how to tune them up? I think its broken.  Razz

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
TMinthePM
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2013, 04:44:25 PM »

leggo of my ego- "My Ouija board didn't tell me what I wanted to hear.

So do you know how to tune them up? I think its broken."

Miss Skinner sat at her desk one day
         Watching the boys who indulged in play.
         One was whistling a popular air,
         Another was courting a maiden fair.
         In the northwest corner was a busy hum,
         The boys in that corner were chewing gum.
         Some pelted each other with pencil and pen,
         Miss Skinner looked up and said, "ahem."
         "Now, Patrick, come here and take a front seat,
         To make noise and trouble you're hard to beat."
         Out to the office Eugene she sent
         And madly out of the room he went.
         Many of his comrades suffered like fate
         Some were to stay after school quite late.
         When she was through she was nearly dead,
         But she rallied, rose up, and to her pupils said:
         "If there are men who from apes are descended,
         They are the boys I've just apprehended."

-  B.B. '08, Miss Skinner's Unruly Boys
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 27, 2013, 04:53:35 PM »

"If there are men who from apes are descended,
With all the Junk Food he eats, where is man Headed?   

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
TMinthePM
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 27, 2013, 05:01:14 PM »

Smiley
TMinthePM
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2013, 06:00:33 AM »

"TUNING IN THE LATEST STAR
FROM THE DASHBOARD OF MY CAR..."

A revealing choice of words there. One might have expected the tuning in of a station or of a song but no, in 2012 we find Brian tuning into the stars.

And the timing could not be more appropriate as the aspects do indeed progress to mirror the alignment of the mid-sixties. And not just any point in the mid-sixties, but specifically October 65 thru June 66, which, as I am sure you all know coincides with the production of Pet Sounds, not to mention Rubber Soul, Revolver and Aftermath. Can I add Blonde on Blonde to the list, I forget its release date.

I've been drawing a blank by googling Astrology of the 1960s, so taking my old Library Science instructor's advice (Adrian Taylor if you must know) I changed my search term to Planetary Alignments of the 60s and finally got some useful results.

Nick Anthony Fiorenza's "Revolution & Revelation: The Uranus-Pluto Square 2012-2015 - (http://www.lunarplanner.com/Uranus-Pluto-Square) -

is exceptionally insightful, drawing direct parallels between then and now. Indeed, the central contention of Fiorenza and others seems to be that we are not only in the midst of a recurring alignment, but that the current  situation is the flowering of seeds that were sown then.

Here's his take on the era during which Pet Sounds was created. (and, btw, he offers excellent graphics to illustrate his text):

"The geocentric conjunction surrounding the January 7, 1966 synod occurred from October 1965 through June 1966. In addition, Uranus and Pluto entered into a 1° orb to their first geocentric conjunction in September of 1964, a year earlier. Thus, the influence of the Uranus-Pluto synthesis began long before the actual January 7, 1966 synod. Keep in mind that each Uranus-Pluto aspect (as seen from Earth) extends several years surrounding the actual synodic aspect date due to planetary retrogrades and the slow movement of these planets...

Regarding the current square: Pluto and Uranus entered into a 3° orb to their first geocentric square in June of 2011 and a 1° orb in August. Thus, we began experiencing the effects of the Uranus-Pluto square long before the first trigger in June of 2012. The social-political unrest occurring in 2011 was, in part, due to this building tension. Our Uranus-Pluto square provides external stimulus to initiate action to create radical and fundamental change in our society and in the structure of human consciousness based on the theme defined by the star alignments of the Uranus-Pluto synod of January 7, 1966, as well as the star alignments of the square itself.

Although the 2012-2015 Uranus-Pluto Square is a phase transition in the current Uranus-Pluto cycle that began in the mid-1960's, this is not a repeat of the same type of cultural, social and political upheaval that occurred in the 1960s. Uranus and Pluto have moved into entirely new areas of the zodiak with very different stellar qualities than those of the original synod. Many other planetary cycles have occurred as well, all impelling an evolutionary progression in human society. The actions and changes in consciousness that this square catalyzes will be of an entirely different nature. Although this may be an intense time, it should be paradigm-shifting in a very progressive and expansive way as we will see toward the end of this authoring. The meanings of the words, "Revolution & Revelation," may take on an entirely new meaning.

The Uranus-Pluto Synodic Cycle - 1966

"Before exploring the star alignments of the Uranus-Pluto Square, let's take a look at the dynamics of the original Uranus-Pluto synodic cycle, the additional planetary catalists involved, and the underlying theme of this 138-year cycle.

"In general, the revolutionary uprising and spontaneous force of Uranus synthesized with Pluto's intensified dismantling and opening force in the very depths of consciousness can produce an intense cultural and social rebellion that motivates a profound and radical transformation in collective consciousness.

"On one hand, this synthesis brings attention to radical, non-conforming, rebellious, authoritarian destructive use of power and its ramifications rippling through generations to follow. On the other, it can motivate radical and mind-expanding change in the very foundation of matter, energy and consciousness that breaks us from very deep-seated and long-standing genetic, cultural and social behavioral patterns.

As stated: The Uranus-Pluto geocentric conjunction surrounding the January 1966 synod began in October 1965 and continued through June 1966. In addition, Uranus and Pluto maintained a very tight 1° orb from October 1965 through July 1966; and were within a fraction of a degree from April through June of 1966—creating a very intense period.

Uranus

Uranus placement in the chart reveals where and how we break from the conformity of the past. Uranus is radical, spontaneous, and electrical. It supports the expression of our uniqueness and originality.

Uranus, in its clear and evolved expression, brings the ability to spontaneously change and to create new frontiers in experience and consciousness. It is the true pioneer, uninhibited by convention and establishment (Saturn). Uranus inspires the expression of our unique individuality in radical confidence. Uranus instills a future-orientation and humanitarian focus; and embodies quickness and alertness of consciousness often producing a lightning-like creative mind when prominently aspected. Uranus provides an ability to work with higher orders and principles—providing a higher-mind prowess for telepathy and all super-consciousness functions and mechanisms. Uranus instills an appreciation of excellence and perfection. It is the applier of the higher sciences and inspires new discoveries in technology and consciousness.

Uranus in its chronic expression can manifest as fear to change, to be spontaneous, or to take radical steps. It can express as judgment of other’s uniqueness and gifts, or of one’s own eccentricities and uniqueness; which covers a fear of being accepted or rejected, of being persecuted, and thus expresses as seeking sameness as a means for gaining acceptance. It can manifest as expressing other people's truths and philosophies rather than one’s own. An acute or hyper Uranian energy can express as instability, erraticism and hyperactivity, with an inability to follow through—ungrounded electrically.

Associated bio-energy centers include: Nervous system and higher brain centers—mental ability, prefrontal and frontal lobes (capacity for forward thinking and to envision new alternatives); neurological and synoptic circuitry, bio-electrical and light impulses.

Pluto is a freeing and opening force; a pattern disrupter and deprogrammer. Pluto is independent, individual, and autonomous; an extremist, isolationist and loner; a revolutionist, and is non-accepting of limiting conditions. For a younger immature soul, Pluto can express as a controlling arbiter, however Pluto will ultimately make one face their own controlling issues. For an older mature soul, Pluto can be a valuable ally when worked with consciously, freeing us from antiquated behavioral patterns. Pluto's chart placement can indicate where we need to let go or surrender programmed patterns from early childhood and from previous incarnations. Pluto can bring up fears associated with survival, death and transformation; the fear to be alone, to let go, to release or to let die. Pluto brings attention to our attitude and issues we hold about authoritarian control and use of power, how we attempt to control and how we respond such control.

Pluto demands that we take responsibility for our entrapments in life and deal with the longer-term ramifications of our actions and life scenarios—and our karmic responsibility, extending beyond a mere lifetime. Pluto also demands that we address how we co-participate and cooperate with humankind in our daily lives from an all-embracing global perspective.

A Closer Look at the Uranus-Pluto Synodic Cycle's theme.

The January 7, 1966 synod occurred in late sidereal Leo (22° 19' Leo GA*). Conjoining stars defining the theme of this synodic cycle were Mizar of Ursa Major and Asterion of Canes Venatici. These stars nest between the ecliptical longitudes of Zosma and Chort of Leo, and Denebola of Leo. This area of the zodiak produces fiery creative energy that must express, generally with world-wide level dramatics; as well as with smoke-screens and diversionary tactics designed to obscure the truth.

The 2012 Mars retrograde also occurs in this area of Zodiak, curiously leading into the start of the 2012-2015 Uranus-Pluto Square.

The Star alignments of the Uranus-Pluto conjunction and synod of the mid-1960s articulate a societal upheaval occurring in a backdrop of fiery commotion, dramatic grand spectacle, and diversionary smoke screens upon the global stage with world powers at the helm...

Saturn and Chiron's additional influence

"The dramatics of the mid-1960s were not a product of the Uranus-Pluto conjunction alone. The Uranus-Pluto synod of January 1966 also occurred very close to the "Saturn-Uranus synodic opposition" and the "Saturn-Pluto synodic opposition." These synodic oppositions occurred in November 1965, contributing significantly to the intensity and dynamics of this transformational time. The geocentric oppositions of Saturn to Uranus and Pluto occurred from April 1965 through January 1967.

The Centaur Chiron also played a significant role. Chiron joined Saturn in opposition to Uranus and Pluto, and Chiron and Saturn also began a new synodic cycle on June 11, 1966 in opposition to Uranus and Pluto. Venus and the asteroid Pallas also joined Saturn and Chiron to augment this energetic further in June 1966. Chiron's role is extra-significant because Chiron creates a significant orbital resonance with Saturn and Uranus due to Chiron's perihelion lying at the same distance from the Sun as Saturn's orbit, and its aphelion lying at the same distance from the Sun as Uranus' orbit. These synods and conjunctions occurred at the sidereal Aquarius-Pisces cusp.

Ceres' synthesis with Saturn in this area of the heavens impels us to address our fundamental human responsibilities to all life, and motivates us to explore the physical and social structures supporting this fundamental nourishment. It makes us face issues around abundance in life and loss in life, of bounty verses bareness; to our responsibility to Earth, nature, and agriculture; and to the very fundamental issues regarding the sustenance, nourishment and protection of all life—a theme set in motion for the following 5.6 years.

Ceres' synthesis with Chiron impels a humanitarian focus toward the desire to care for the physical nourishment and well-being of humanity and all life. It inspires a mystical or metaphysical connection with nature and the natural world. It brought forth a recognition for the need to attune to nature's way (and a Uranian-based universal love), to create a love-based bridge from the existing societal structures in place at the time, with prospective provided from the radically destructive power-driven Uranus-Pluto energetic occurring in the fiery and diversionary opposite side of the zodiak being played out by world powers. The Ceres-Saturn and Ceres-Chiron syntheses were clearly significant influences motivating the Flower Power Political Movement's emergence in 1965 (See the timeline chart below).

The Chiron-Saturn Synod with Pallas and Venus

The principal Chiron-Saturn synod occurred on June 11, 1966, commencing a 62.25-year long synodic cycle (June 11, 1966 through August 28, 2028).

Pallas and Venus also joined Chiron and Saturn, creating a compounded set of synods and synodic cycles. This all occurred at the Aquarius-Pisces cusp, slightly past Markab's ecliptical longitude (shown in the star chart animation above).

Note: We are currently approaching the second trine in the 62-year Chiron-Saturn cycle, which occurs throughout mid-2013 and into 2014, during the Uranus-Pluto square. The geocentric trine starts in November of 2012 and continues through August of 2014, with the synodic trine occurring on July 26, 2013. (The first trine in this cycle occurred in 1978-79.)

The Flower Power Movement verses The Vietnam War

The Pluto-Uranus conjunction and synod in late Leo, and Saturn's opposition to it compounded by the Saturn, Chiron, Ceres, Pallas and Venus conjunctions and synods, contributed to the climax of the Vietnam war and the POP Flower Power uprising against it, heralding a major cultural transition for humanity.

Key world events occurring at the time of the mid-1960s Uranus-Pluto synod included the peak of the Vietnam War, the emergence of the Flower Power Movement and the emergence of Pop Music.

• 1965 - The Flower Power political movement emerges.

• January 1966 - There were 190,000 U.S. troops in Vietnam, marking the peak of theVietnam war.

• 1967 - The Flower Children's "Summer of Love" occurred in San Francisco, kicked off by the "Human Be-In" in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park on January 14, 1967.

Born to be Wild (the 1960s Generation)

Since the mid-1960s Uranus-Pluto synod, throughout the first quarter of the synodic cycle, a 47-year period, this cultural-revolutionary theme has fully engaged society's creative process. Now, at the turning of the first square of the cycle, we experience stimulus into dynamic physical action. The mid-1960s theme will now shift into its next prominent quarter; the creative action quarter. How this plays out is of course yet to be seen. Activists and revolutionists may storm the global stage during this transition point in the cycle; and it may produce another principal shift in our societal revolution. It may also be much more progressive due to the placements of Uranus and Pluto, as we will explore. It may also stimulate dynamic radical action for those born in the mid-1960s—matured forces that must now "explode into space."

This square is of extreme significance for those with prominent Uranus and Pluto natal placements, and for those with aspects to key points and planets in their natal and progressed charts by transiting Uranus and Pluto. It is fundamentally significant for all of humanity due to Uranus and Pluto's astrophysical bio-resonances, and simply for all of Earth due to the fact that all life on Earth nests within the greater planetary and cosmic cycles that create the ever-changing evolutionary symphony in which we evolve.

The Uranus Pluto Synodic Square - 2012-2015

~ Revolution & Revelation ~

Uranus-Pluto 1966 Synod and Uranus-Pluto 2013 Square

Our current Uranus-Pluto square can produce radical, spontaneous, destructive, crazy, even war-like behavior for the spiritually unaware reactive type of younger soul. For souls more mature, this square can stimulate the motivation to adapt quickly to radical change and to create inovative solutions to emerge from or to rise above destructive scenarios and emotional turmoil. It may stimulate the creation of new technologies and modalities of thought motivated from structural systems and societal modalities that simply no longer work.

At the time of the synodic square (November 24, 2013), Uranus and Pluto reside at the centers of their respective signs. Pluto has moved from its synod with Uranus in late sidereal Leo (conjoining Mizar) to mid-sidereal Sagittarius, and Uranus has moved to mid-sidereal Pisces."

I know this is all rather wordy, and with all the astro-jargon sometimes incomprehensible. But I'll try to pull it all together and present the short-and-sweet of it ere ong.

To conclude: If Brian is in tune again as he was in 1966 we may be on the receiving end of a startling new musical revelation! 1965 (TWGMTR) was followed by Pet Sounds (Huh).

Let's Hope So.
TMinthePM
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 08, 2014, 04:21:32 PM »

An indication of things to come?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciuG5XhylBU
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: