gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:57:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Analysis of the Live 50th Anniversary Tour CD  (Read 41614 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2013, 07:33:44 AM »

Not sure whether this belongs in this thread or another but here goes (Mods feel free to migrate…):

The BigO newsletter (always full of meaty tidbits; subscribe at http://www.bigozine2.com/) contains this assessment of the new Live set from ex-BBs session guy Chuck Kirkpatrick:

WITH THE BEACH BOYS

I've seen the band at least 30 times over the past 48 years. I toured with them the summer of 1983 (opening act, "Firefall"), so I know what they sound like live. Averaging what I've heard over the years and curving a scale of 1 - 10, I'd give this performance an 8. They've had some great nights, and some horrendous ones. The best they sounded was the week Mike quit because of the blow-up over the 4th of July concert in Washington. Foskett sang all Mike's leads and bass parts better than Mike ever did.

That joke of a live album - the 50th Anniversary one - is so auto-tuned and re-recorded that it's criminal to call it a "live" album. I saw the first show at Berkeley, and I'd swear there were pre-recorded voices being piped through. How do I know? Well, when Mike was completely off-mic (no pun intended) you could still hear his bass vocal perfectly (and in tune). Sad to say, many bands including the Bee Gees have done this for years.

Brian does have his moments of vocal brilliance, but most of the time his voice is way off. And Mike... well, you can really hear how bad his pitch is on these offerings above. All that said, this is the last we'll ever hear of any of the original guys together, so it is a treasure. My whole musical career has been based on this band and Brian. The high point of my life was getting to play on two sessions with Brian and Dennis at Brother Studios in 1977. In 1982 I did a Beach Boys Medley that made national news, but then was squashed by Capitol Records and their own release...

I played rhythm guitar on that 1977 version of "Shortnin' Bread", recorded at Brother Studios. Also on the session was Dennis, Billy Hinsche, and Jim Guercio (bass). I got the call because I was recording an LP of my own there and was living only blocks from the studio at the time. When the session was over, Brian had the "Fire" tapes brought out and played for everyone. He then gave me a cassette copy of a tune he'd done at home called "Mary Honey", which I have yet to see anywhere...

Chuck Kirkpatrick
via internet

REPLY: Thanks for getting in touch Chuck. Readers can check out this interview with Chuck Kirkpatrick here. Those who are interested can still download The Beach Boys at Sacramento 1964 here.

The interview (from 2004) referred to above can be seen here:

http://www.musicdish.com/mag/?id=9361

The download of the Sacramento show (billed as part of the Phil Cohen Collection) I won't link to as that kind of thing is strictly forbidden here and is in any case very very naughty.

“We live in divisive times.”
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2013, 09:00:09 AM »

Haven't read the whole thread, but saw some some negative comments.

police

Man... I don't even want to read that stuff!  This 2-disc set is fan-freakin'-tastic!!!  It's exactly everything I hoped for.  More so.

First -- it's a live album.  You have to know what you're getting into.  It's not a new studio album.  There's no revelations to be found and it's nothing new.

Second -- live albums (to me) are for certain settings.  Cookouts.  Parties.  BBQs.  And cookouts  Smiley  They not for deep moments and personal reflection.  They're for getting out and having fun.  So if that's how you're judging this -- STOP.  Take off the headphones, put this disc on your hi-fi, open the window and place your biggest speaker in said open window.  Now go outside and fire up the grill.  And forget about it.

Third -- live albums provide a nice way to hear ole' favorites without having to hear the same ole' damn recordings.

Fourth -- hearing ole favorites in 2012 rock-concert sound quality!!  Spinning I Get Around from 1964 and California Girls from 1965 is one thing... quaint and old.  But it's 2013...

Fifth -- it's fresh to hear them today.  The songs are done different, sound newer.  They're almost like entirely new songs, using old well-loved songs!

Sixth -- there can be a lot of minor surprises.  The way Brian sings the ending of Sail On Sailor for one.

Seventh -- Perhaps there's more of a reason to "sweeten'" it up in the studio, post-production -- because they're older, etc.  But I'm hearing a lot more "music" where that wasn't the case in the original cut.  Disney Girls comes to mind.  Harmonies get more emphasis where they didn't before.  It's just awesome.

Eighth -- what a damn good set-list.  Wonderful mix of classics and great 70s stuff.  California.  Disney Girls.  All This is that.

Ninth -- the new single(s) sound great!!!  It's so awesome to hear them mixed in with the oldies.  I love it!!!

Tenth -- 2 DISCS!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 09:03:47 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2013, 09:04:29 AM »

police

Man... I don't even want to read that stuff!  This 2-disc set is fan-freakin'-tastic!!!  It's exactly everything I hoped for.  More so.

First -- it's a live album.  You have to know what you're getting into.  It's not a new studio album.  There's no revelations to be found and it's nothing new.

Second -- live albums (to me) are for certain settings.  Cookouts.  Parties.  BBQs.  And cookouts  Smiley  They not for deep moments and personal reflection.  They're for getting out and having fun.  So if that's how you're judging this -- STOP.  Take off the headphones, put this disc on your hi-fi, open the window and place your biggest speaker in said open window.  Now go outside and fire up the grill.  And forget about it.

Third -- live albums provide a nice way to hear ole' favorites without having to hear the same ole' damn recordings.

Fourth -- hearing ole favorites in 2012 rock-concert sound quality!!  Spinning I Get Around from 1964 and California Girls from 1965 is one thing... quaint and old.  But it's 2013...

Fifth -- it's fresh to hear them today.  The songs are done different, sound newer.  They're almost like entirely new songs, using old well-loved songs!

Sixth -- there can be a lot of minor surprises.  The way Brian sings the ending of Sail On Sailor for one.

Seventh -- Perhaps there's more of a reason to "sweetin'" it up in the studio, post-production -- because they're older, etc.  But I'm hearing a lot more "music" where that wasn't the case in the original cut.  Disney Girls comes to mind.  Harmonies get more emphasis where they didn't before.  It's just awesome.

Eighth -- what damn good set-list.  Wonderful mix of classics and great 70s stuff.  California.  Disney Girls.  All This is that.

Ninth -- the new single(s) sound great!!!  It's so awesome to hear them mixed in with the oldies.  I love it!!!

Tenth -- 2 DISCS!!!!!!!!

start the chant: Bean Bag, bean Bag, bean Bag!!!!!! Again, stoked with holy fire, Bean Bag nails lit!! Oh bean bag, this is the professor's take completely!!!
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2013, 09:16:06 AM »

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2013, 09:21:23 AM »

I don't want to add to the negativity of this thing, but I listened to the whole thing again last night and.........man, Mike is mixed waaaaay too low in the mix on his part on Good Vibrations!!! It's probably noted before up the thread, but I don't remember ever not hearing Mike clearly before with his "I'm picking up Good Vibrations" part. What happened there and why di they reloease it like this? I've heard a zillion live bootlegs before where he is clearly audible singing his low parts. Did auto-tune screw this up? I mean, so far in this thread I've posted positive comments with very small exceptions, but this issue sticks out like a sore thumb! Again, how did they let this go?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Scott
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2013, 09:40:45 AM »

I'm just going to weigh in and say, categorically and definitively that NO vocals were pre-recorded and/or flown in during any of the C50 live shows.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2013, 09:46:33 AM »

I'm just going to weigh in and say, categorically and definitively that NO vocals were pre-recorded and/or flown in during any of the C50 live shows.

Thank you, Scott.

It's almost as though folks forget there were another eight or nine brilliant players and singers onstage, and that parts could be doubled or tripled (or filled in) if need be. No need for tapes.

For that matter, if tapes were actually a part of the repertoire, why would the C50 band do a bunch of obviously live, warts-and-all TV appearances?
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2013, 10:00:39 AM »

What BB fan would not be curious as to what Scott thinks of the life album?  Let this stand for what the professor thinks (in addition to my approval of the 10 theses of the learned Bean Bag above). I drove to Redondo last night and then , later, home, and I blasted the live CD the whole time in absolute sonic, emotional and meditative ecstasy. No knowledge or fear of autotune or studio patches or any such things, however likely or true, could dampen the fire of the BB music and the BB orchestra, and the BB voices.  Thank you Scott, and thank you BB .
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2013, 11:10:26 AM »

Thank you. That's an important thing to hear because it clarifies that a) any and all sweetening for the new live album was simply and expectedly done in post-production and b) for stuff like the Japanese broadcast of the Chiba show, there was some post-production sweetening done to that as well (e.g. "Isn't It Time"). Ditto for the work that was done on the Sirius and NPR broadcasts (which we pretty much already knew). So...thanks again, Scott.
Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2013, 01:20:19 AM »

Surprisingly solid performances from Carl and Dennis, in that case.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2013, 03:43:00 AM »

LOL

Naughty but I think the two of them are smiling too, somewhere above...

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2013, 04:18:34 AM »

I am 100% prepared to believe that there were no pre-recorded vocals (barring the tribute spots for Carl & Dennis). Pitch correction? Definitely in the early shows I've heard recordings of...definitely not at Wembley. There was some vocal doubling at times but no pitch correction or any heavy vocal processing. I want to echo the sentiments above that we need to remember that while this might be *about* the five guys who have been Beach Boys on and off since the 60's...we mustn't forget the magnificent band behind them. Yeah it was mostly Brian's band but the most talented guys from Mike & Bruce's band were present and genuinely added something musically.

Still haven't listened to the live album in it's entirity but I started listening to H&V and gave up. It's fracking offensive to the ears. That track alone is worthy of the 2CD set being sent straight back to Amazon. It is an offense to Brian, the Boys, the rest of the band, to VDP for murdering his lyrics and to music lovers with even half an ear the world over. It is a total disgrace.

What is a live album to me? Not a way to hear a compilation/mix tape of classic songs. If I want that I'll make a mix tape. It's a way to hear songs performed live. Not necessarily an accurate representation of what it was like to attend a concert from the tour but a chance to relive some of it...to hear how they wove songs together like the "car medley" or just hear how they sound in 2012 singing those songs.

This 2CD set is an audio nightmare in places. In other places it's OK. The inconsistency has no logic to it whatsoever.
Scott
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2013, 08:49:27 AM »

Ugh
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2013, 02:47:11 PM »

Ugh
Scott, he is either trying to be funny or an asshole. I haven't quite figured out which. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Melt Away
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2013, 03:45:03 PM »

police

Man... I don't even want to read that stuff!  This 2-disc set is fan-freakin'-tastic!!!  It's exactly everything I hoped for.  More so.

First -- it's a live album.  You have to know what you're getting into.  It's not a new studio album.  There's no revelations to be found and it's nothing new.

Second -- live albums (to me) are for certain settings.  Cookouts.  Parties.  BBQs.  And cookouts  Smiley  They not for deep moments and personal reflection.  They're for getting out and having fun.  So if that's how you're judging this -- STOP.  Take off the headphones, put this disc on your hi-fi, open the window and place your biggest speaker in said open window.  Now go outside and fire up the grill.  And forget about it.

Fourth -- hearing ole favorites in 2012 rock-concert sound quality!!  Spinning I Get Around from 1964 and California Girls from 1965 is one thing... quaint and old.  But it's 2013...

Fifth -- it's fresh to hear them today.  The songs are done different, sound newer.  They're almost like entirely new songs, using old well-loved songs!

Sixth -- there can be a lot of minor surprises.  The way Brian sings the ending of Sail On Sailor for one.

Seventh -- Perhaps there's more of a reason to "sweeten'" it up in the studio, post-production -- because they're older, etc.  But I'm hearing a lot more "music" where that wasn't the case in the original cut.  Disney Girls comes to mind.  Harmonies get more emphasis where they didn't before.  It's just awesome.

Eighth -- what a damn good set-list.  Wonderful mix of classics and great 70s stuff.  California.  Disney Girls.  All This is that.

Ninth -- the new single(s) sound great!!!  It's so awesome to hear them mixed in with the oldies.  I love it!!!

Tenth -- 2 DISCS!!!!!!!!

Normally, I love live albums..WHEN THE BAND SOUNDS LIKE HUMAN BEINGS. Come on. I know it's spectacular we got anything but have you heard the shows without auto-tune? So, so much better. They could of let us hear the ACTUAL band not some overly processed sh*t that they think 21st century BB's should sound like.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 03:47:40 PM by Melt Away » Logged

Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2013, 03:56:45 PM »

Ugh
Scott, he is either trying to be funny or an asshole. I haven't quite figured out which. Wink

Thanks for the benefit of the doubt!  Though seriously it was not my intention to upset Scott Totten, if that is indeed what has happened.
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2013, 07:39:15 PM »

I don't want to add to the negativity of this thing, but I listened to the whole thing again last night and.........man, Mike is mixed waaaaay too low in the mix on his part on Good Vibrations!!! It's probably noted before up the thread, but I don't remember ever not hearing Mike clearly before with his "I'm picking up Good Vibrations" part. What happened there and why di they reloease it like this? I've heard a zillion live bootlegs before where he is clearly audible singing his low parts. Did auto-tune screw this up? I mean, so far in this thread I've posted positive comments with very small exceptions, but this issue sticks out like a sore thumb! Again, how did they let this go?

mikie..on my recording of the Pittsburgh show last year mike sounds just like the cd on good vibrations. his part just doesn't stand out like in the past.

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2013, 09:01:45 PM »

Well, I know his voice has thinned dramatically the past few years, most notably 2012, and maybe he just wasn't very strong in those parts? I mean, you can hardly hear him. Like it's buried in the mix or they didn't pick up his microphone when it was recorded. I've never heard him sound so weak on that. Next time I'll listen to both CD's to see if there are other songs where you can hardly hear his part, but on Good Vibrations it's obvious.

Last year I mentioned that Mike didn't seem himself - like he was sick for awhile. The way he talked and his eyes seemed watery - like he had a cold or alergies last year. Thought maybe that had something to do with his weak voice.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 06, 2013, 10:17:59 PM »

Last year I mentioned that Mike didn't seem himself - like he was sick for awhile. The way he talked and his eyes seemed watery - like he had a cold or alergies last year. Thought maybe that had something to do with his weak voice.

I definitely noticed it too. His voice in all the smile promotional interviews was when i first noticed it. I hardly recognized his voice.
Gohi
« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2013, 05:40:54 AM »

Ugh

Oh come on, it was a harmless joke
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2013, 07:03:31 AM »

That's what I said, but having to be funny wasn't called for there. A plain statement would have done fine. Plus, not everyone has the same sense of humor. Plus we were talking about background vocals, not leads, in the case of Dennis & Carl.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
bobcatl1
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2013, 05:05:30 PM »

Ok, HI!  I am new to the board, glad to discover it.  I am 50 and been a gigantic Beach Boys fan, follower, freak, etc. for 45 of those 50 years.  I am also a live album collector.  Always have loved the "energy" and sometime spontaneity on live recordings.  So I own and have listened to live albums that run the full spectrum - from 100% live, unedited etc. to complete studio recreations such as "Live and Dangerous" by Thin Lizzy - probably the most notorious of all "fake" live albums.  I am going to weigh in on this thread topic, the new live album - but to provide some context, the 1973 In Concert album is, in my humble opinion, one of the great - almost criminally forgotten live records.  I have read that it is almost 100% live, and you can tell by the edginess of the performances.  A couple missteps - an almost unlistenable, rocked-up version of "Help Me Rhonda" that just falls flat.  Pretty much the rest is golden, and I have always admired the set list. Sure  alot of hits, but a LOT of deep cuts and heavy on Pet Sounds.  Last word on that before I get to the topic at hand - I still consider the 73 live version of "Don't Worry Baby" to be definitive.  Same with the stunning version of "You Still Believe In Me."  Can any member of any gigantic rock band be more under the radar than Al Jardine?

Ok, so before I lose everyone on my first post...lol.  I now have listened to the new live 50 CD at least a dozen times and here is my take.  First and foremost - I get the complaints / assertions about the doctoring, auto tune, fly-ins, overdubs etc.  I have no doubt that all those things exist in some shape or form.  Most painfully obvious on ASMTYD (weirdest sounding Brian vocal I have ever head - really processed).  Also on H&V.   That said, my belief is that at least 60% of the recording is legitimately live.  Not saying that is acceptable, but it's far from criminal.  Also, lets ask ourselves, does a lot of tinkering and post-production mean the music is bad?
I say no.  Still some very enjoyable music.  My 3 favorite "keepers" are (not in order):  1) "Disney Girls." Jarringly beautiful, Bruce in fine form - and sounds "warts and all" to me.  2) "All This Is That". Kudos for including a deeper cut that is a tip of the hat to serious Beach Boys fans.  3) "Getcha Back." I know seems like a weird choice, but I always thought (and still do) it is a bit of a weird track anyway.  I find David Marks vocal a refreshing and interesting take.  Not sure why Mike doesn't sing it, but I like it.  OK, indulge me one more.  I personally love Bruce's vocals on "Wendy."  I'm out, thanks for listening! 
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2013, 06:06:42 PM »

Ok, HI!  I am new to the board, glad to discover it.  I am 50 and been a gigantic Beach Boys fan, follower, freak, etc. for 45 of those 50 years.  I am also a live album collector.  Always have loved the "energy" and sometime spontaneity on live recordings.  So I own and have listened to live albums that run the full spectrum - from 100% live, unedited etc. to complete studio recreations such as "Live and Dangerous" by Thin Lizzy - probably the most notorious of all "fake" live albums.  I am going to weigh in on this thread topic, the new live album - but to provide some context, the 1973 In Concert album is, in my humble opinion, one of the great - almost criminally forgotten live records.  I have read that it is almost 100% live, and you can tell by the edginess of the performances.  A couple missteps - an almost unlistenable, rocked-up version of "Help Me Rhonda" that just falls flat.  Pretty much the rest is golden, and I have always admired the set list. Sure  alot of hits, but a LOT of deep cuts and heavy on Pet Sounds.  Last word on that before I get to the topic at hand - I still consider the 73 live version of "Don't Worry Baby" to be definitive.  Same with the stunning version of "You Still Believe In Me."  Can any member of any gigantic rock band be more under the radar than Al Jardine?

Ok, so before I lose everyone on my first post...lol.  I now have listened to the new live 50 CD at least a dozen times and here is my take.  First and foremost - I get the complaints / assertions about the doctoring, auto tune, fly-ins, overdubs etc.  I have no doubt that all those things exist in some shape or form.  Most painfully obvious on ASMTYD (weirdest sounding Brian vocal I have ever head - really processed).  Also on H&V.   That said, my belief is that at least 60% of the recording is legitimately live.  Not saying that is acceptable, but it's far from criminal.  Also, lets ask ourselves, does a lot of tinkering and post-production mean the music is bad?
I say no.  Still some very enjoyable music.  My 3 favorite "keepers" are (not in order):  1) "Disney Girls." Jarringly beautiful, Bruce in fine form - and sounds "warts and all" to me.  2) "All This Is That". Kudos for including a deeper cut that is a tip of the hat to serious Beach Boys fans.  3) "Getcha Back." I know seems like a weird choice, but I always thought (and still do) it is a bit of a weird track anyway.  I find David Marks vocal a refreshing and interesting take.  Not sure why Mike doesn't sing it, but I like it.  OK, indulge me one more.  I personally love Bruce's vocals on "Wendy."  I'm out, thanks for listening! 

bobcat, a word of welcome from the Professor, who agrees with you in toto. Gettcha Back is a song that Mike imagined Dennis ought to have or could have sung, and he gave it to Dave, taking over Hawaii. You are correct: Davis is wonderful, and the entire production is excellent.  I listen to the CDs everyday, rockin' round LA.

Again, welcome and thank you for your comments.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2013, 11:04:43 PM »

After a few dozen listens, i have some thoughts. Yes, there is a lot of processing done on the vocals, which was very unnecessary. However,  overall this is a very pleasant listen. My favorites are California saga and all this is that, by far! The worst offenders on the vocal processing are don't back down, surfin usa, and heroes and villains,  but they are still very listenable. Surfin usa, though, sounds like Mike is  singing from a  spaceship far far away. But overall,  still a great listen.

Having seen a great show from Mike and Bruce just tonight in del Mar, I can't help but to miss brian, al, Dave,  and the rarer songs (although wild honey tonight was GREAT!) Having listened to this repeatedly for the past 2 weeks, I realize more fully the special year that 2012 was in Beach Boys history. I love mike's show,  al's show,  Brian's show,  dave's show,  but i really wish we could rewind a bit and relish the c50 shows from last year. But because we can't go back in time, this 2cd set will fill some of that void of seeing and hearing our Boys all together.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 11:06:07 PM by Eric Aniversario » Logged
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 08, 2013, 11:58:23 PM »

There's a huge difference, though. Taking the vocals from the album and placing them onto an alleged "live" album? Again, it insults the listener's intelligence big time and is giving them something they already have when it's implied that they're getting something totally different. Lame, cheap, and fairly offensive.

So, about the 1964 "In Concert" album?  Backing tracks for "Fun Fun Fun" and "I Get Around"?  Heck, this is almost the fiftieth anniversary of the Beach Boys doing that!

Cheers,
Jon Blum

What about it?

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx