gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680845 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 11:01:11 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys-Hyde Park July 7th 2013  (Read 83021 times)
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2013, 11:58:26 AM »

Anyone else just looked at that picture of 'the Beach Boys' - the band supposedly behind songs such as God Only Knows, Cabin Essence and Cuddle Up - stood beside JLS and the Gruffalo and just completely lost the will to live? Because I have.
I feel ya. Luckily I don't have the foggiest as to who those people are. Ignorance is bliss, I guess. Smiley
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2013, 12:00:40 PM »

I wouldn't be suprised if this is to be televised in the UK. Can it be shown on T:4 so my viewing pleasure is interupted every 15 minutes by stupid, unfunny wanker presenters please?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Heywood
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2013, 03:27:37 PM »

The image being used by the Hyde Park event website:

oh god, that's too funny  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Huh Just what is the Gruffalo? An ill-mannered buffalo?  Huh

That's The Gruffalo, behind Bruce.

thanks for that! Smiley
For a minute thought they had a new drummer.
jman1995
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2013, 05:10:56 PM »

I feel more sorry for Paul Young, who apparently isn't more talented than an anthropomorphised children's character. Still The Beach Boys got equal billing with the gruffalo, that's pretty rough man.     
Nicko1234
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2013, 10:49:43 PM »

I feel more sorry for Paul Young, who apparently isn't more talented than an anthropomorphised children's character. Still The Beach Boys got equal billing with the gruffalo, that's pretty rough man.     

If you've heard Paul Young's singing recently then that's a pretty fair assessment.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2013, 10:56:58 PM »

Anyone else just looked at that picture of 'the Beach Boys' - the band supposedly behind songs such as God Only Knows, Cabin Essence and Cuddle Up - stood beside JLS and the Gruffalo and just completely lost the will to live? Because I have.

Okay, JLS are shite, granted, but don't diss the Gruffalo… my four year old loves him and that just might be my way into a BBs gig his year! LOL

“We live in divisive times.”
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2013, 11:58:32 PM »

I lost the will to live with Mike and Bruce a long time ago

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2013, 12:09:44 AM »

That JLS guy with the hat on backwards is making me feel violent. Mike should like, come on stage and knock his hat off or something during the performance. Then punch him.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2013, 06:54:34 AM »

That JLS guy with the hat on backwards is making me feel violent. Mike should like, come on stage and knock his hat off or something during the performance. Then punch him.
Plus Bruce should pistol-whip him.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2013, 10:11:24 AM »

Then steal the hat.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
jman1995
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2013, 06:38:04 AM »

Don't judge them for their appearance; judge them for their terrible, terrible music. 
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2013, 07:06:12 AM »

Don't judge them for their appearance; judge them for their terrible, terrible music. 

That would require listening to it...

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2013, 05:00:58 AM »

Beach Boys have never heard of JLS:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/322599/Beach-Boys-have-never-heard-of-JLS/

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2013, 04:33:37 PM »

I suspect lots of folks in the US have never heard of JLS.

absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2013, 04:48:15 AM »

I wish I'd never heard of JLS.

Manufactured pop crud at it's worst.
scooby1970
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2013, 04:54:33 AM »

Wow, never thought I'd see The Beach Boys play on the same set as any of these other acts. That said, I'd love to go there just too see those Saturdays... Mmmm... And they make great pop records!

Smiley Mark

Long time Beach Boys fan and collector. Long time forum browser.
D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2013, 08:20:43 AM »

The esteemed members of this board could've written the above interview with Mike - the Beach Boys cliche police are out in force  Cheesy

Like what he says about there being good restaurants in London - this is the Beach Boys Gastronomic Whistle Stop Tour...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:22:00 AM by D409 » Logged
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2013, 10:51:34 AM »

I hope he does a restaurant review.
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2013, 04:41:56 PM »

You know I'm actually feeling pissed off as well as embarrassed to be a fan of the band at the moment, considering I have to explain to just about everyone I know that this isn't The Beach Boys that made Pet Sounds, Good Vibrations and so many of the greatest songs of the 20th century but is in fact closer to a tribute act you would see at a local high school or a carnival. The fact that I've seen more publicity and people mentioning this upcoming gig than The actual Beach Boys 50th anniversary concerts, TWGMTR and The Smile Sessions aggravates me to no end. I'm currently in denial that this current band even exists as it does but seeing that poster again sets me off. Its like seeing a close friend of many years living as a homeless tramp on the streets. Sad
D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2013, 09:17:18 AM »

So, who's going to this shindig, then ?
oldsurferdude
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2013, 09:44:15 AM »

Dumb people who don't know any better or have nothing else to do. So great to see myKe and his tribe get second billing. Better start getting used to it peepull. Razz
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2013, 09:47:55 AM »

I might go. I love the Gruffalo, JLS and Paul Young!
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2013, 12:15:52 PM »

I'm going because I love The Beach Boys and quite fancy checking out Paul Young, the Soul Rebels and seeing what else is on show. Guess that makes me a dumb person.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2013, 12:45:23 PM »

So is this the same stage the Stones are playing the 6th, which I think is now over in the UK?
Jurrasic Mark
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2013, 01:53:59 PM »

My dad is there. He just rang me to tell me Mike and Bruce played "Goin To The Beach"
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx