gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 01:46:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good Vibrations poster?  (Read 4455 times)
Razvan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2013, 09:55:23 AM »

Hello everyone, I'm planning to do a bit of decoration in my home I'm wondering if there's any cool 'Good Vibrations' poster that I can frame and hang on the wall (not the record cover). I want something that sums up the song visually, e.g. the described scenes, hippie spirituality, positivty, the lyrics.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 11:09:42 AM »

It's not necessarily "Good Vibrations"-related but I for one am planning on hanging a (as sizable as possible) framed print of the 1976 Rolling Stone cover (featuring Brian in bathrobe with surfboard) as soon as I have my own own place (and not live in digs, as they say).

That being said you might find some decent stuff if you search for concert promo posters of Brian's (earlier) solo gigs. There were some real funky ones. 3D
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 11:16:10 AM »

Could have one of those pics included on the GV boxset.

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 03:55:45 PM »

There was a poster made for the "Good Vibrations" best of album back in '74. Has the Brother logo and stuff. Ocean wave. Just take out the "Best Of" and the song titles out and you have a nice "Good Vibrations" poster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:GoodVibesBestOfCover.jpg

Or better yet buy the Good Vibrations gold record single replica with the original picture sleeve framed behind glasss. That's a nice piece.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
pancakerecords
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 05:59:31 AM »

It's not necessarily "Good Vibrations"-related but I for one am planning on hanging a (as sizable as possible) framed print of the 1976 Rolling Stone cover (featuring Brian in bathrobe with surfboard) as soon as I have my own own place (and not live in digs, as they say).

That being said you might find some decent stuff if you search for concert promo posters of Brian's (earlier) solo gigs. There were some real funky ones. 3D

I've had this hanging in my bathroom for years now. I just framed the entire issue. I got it on ebay for $10-$15.

"Alright, I wanna ask you something - he's not getting a very big signal.  Do you think it would be good to move the mic a little bit closer?"
                                                                                           -Van Dyke Parks
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 08:24:50 AM »

I've had this hanging in my bathroom for years now. I just framed the entire issue. I got it on ebay for $10-$15.
Cool, I thought those were more expensive. Cheesy
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx