-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:49:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Washington Scandals
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Washington Scandals  (Read 31125 times)
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2013, 05:23:46 PM »

Anytime anyone mentions how Bush was bad or worse than Obama, Bean calls is a diversion. Meanwhile, he's posting endless pictures making fun of Obama. Where are the silly Bush insulting pics? You do the math.

The real diversion is how far this has been diverted from the first post of the thread, which was this:

Ok... I'm a little creeped out in the US right now...

• Benghazi has slipped beyond the happy magazine cover of "Terrorism Under Control - Vote for Obama!" and into the realm of:  It's ok to kill people to re-elect a politician.
  • The IRS is officially what now?  The Nixonian wing of the SS?
  • The Justice Dept has decided it's cool to tap the phones of the Press -- business AND private.

I've stayed away from the Politickin' here lately, because I think people need to come to their senses on their own.  I can't help anybody that don't want help.  But... sh-t... I'm really blown away lately.  This sh-t's got really dark. 

What'yall think  Huh

Maybe some folks would rather not talk about the current IRS and the Justice Department issues for their own political reasons, which is sad in a way because those issues have implications far beyond Obama's second term if they're allowed to go unaddressed or brushed under the proverbial carpet. And saying "Bush did it too" or "Clinton did it too" ignores and diverts attention away from what can be done now to prevent such issues from happening again if they are found to be in violation of either the law, the Constitution and Bill Of Rights, or are shown to be any other form of abuse or misuse of government power and authority.

Yes, but you don't build a house roof first. If you want to enter into a relevant discussion of Obama's policies, you have to go back into the past. Don't worry, this includes going back well beyond Bush.....
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2013, 05:24:06 PM »

Maybe some folks would rather not talk about the current IRS and the Justice Department issues for their own political reasons, which is sad in a way because those issues have implications far beyond Obama's second term if they're allowed to go unaddressed or brushed under the proverbial carpet. And saying "Bush did it too" or "Clinton did it too" ignores and diverts attention away from what can be done now to prevent such issues from happening again if they are found to be in violation of either the law, the Constitution and Bill Of Rights, or are shown to be any other form of abuse or misuse of government power and authority.

It's quite paradoxical to suggest that it is necessary to deal with these issues because they are systematic rather than simply part of Obama's second term and then go on to argue that it is a diversion to point out just how systematic these issues actually are.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 05:25:13 PM by rockandroll » Logged
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2013, 05:27:18 PM »

It's quite paradoxical to suggest that it is necessary to deal with these issues because they are systematic rather than simply part of Obama's second term and then go on to argue that it is a diversion to point out just how systematic these issues actually are.

But that IS their diversion tactic, rockandroll! They know it too and will keep doing it while accusing us of the same....
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2013, 07:47:39 PM »

And still no comments about the current IRS or Justice Department issues. I'll make it more direct:

1. The IRS: This remains either the only or one of the few government agencies which can accuse a US citizen of wrongdoing, seize assets or property, and force that citizen to then "appeal" to that same agency the enforcement of a penalty rather than have the case heard before an impartial judge in a court. That's what it is, if it should change than it wouldn't be too soon in light of giving the IRS more power and hiring thousands more agents to administer and enforce the Affordable Care Act set to take full effect in 2014 (watch your 2013 tax forms for specific health care questions which you'll need to answer when filing your 2013 federal tax return).

As such a seemingly powerful and autonomous government agency, the ability to use such an agency for political purposes outside their stated purpose and goal is there and has been used for political tactics in the past.

Question: Should we not pursue any and all documented complaints of potential abuse by agents working within the IRS to first gather all the facts, next discipline if not dismiss any agents or groups within the IRS working outside their jurisdiction or stated goal, and finally put in place measures to guarantee such issues will never happen again to any group or individual based on political philosophy?

The IRS should be a non-partisan agency, and by that I mean doing its job outside any political biases or affiliations, solely as an unbiased agency assigned to do a job. The ability to use the IRS in any way as a political weapon against any group on any side of the political spectrum should be eliminated as even a remote possibility.

2. The Justice Department monitoring and potentially tracking the communications of reporters.

At some point the issues of freedom of the press and protecting sources must again become front and center. On a more simplistic level, assume a reporter whom the Justice Department is tracking or surveilling in some way to uncover a confidential source happens to be *your* friend from, say, high school or college. So you call him or her on occasion to chat, you exchange email or Facebook chats, heck you might even be rekindling an old love affair decades later.

Going beyond the basic issue of protecting a confidential source, does a government agency have a right to your private and confidential conversations for the sole reason you happen to be friends with or belong to the same mailing list as a reporter or a confidential source of that reporter, while you have absolutely nothing to do with that case whatsoever?

For some folks that's no big deal, that's part of the digital era, etc. For others, privacy rights either via telephone, mail, or digital communications are much more important and more valuable to protect.

Question: Should a government agency or department, in this case the D.O.J., have the right to seize a reporter's or a news agency's communications for any reason? Should they have the ability to wiretap or monitor any form of communications from any member of the press?

Again, this is an issue where identifying, confronting, and preventing future abuses surrounding an issue like this should be the focus.

If some cannot see these issues beyond "us versus them", don't run protesting and crying in the streets when the "us" and "them" roles are reversed. Better to prevent it from happening at all.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2013, 08:03:14 PM »

Newt Gingrich (as usual) brought up an interesting point -- our current civil service model is an outdated pile of horse do.  I added "horse do."

These IRS agents are some of the most arrogant pieces of excrement you'll ever meet.  And the horrific OBAMA-idea of having these azzhats in the IRS run OBAMACARE is scary.  SCARY.  That word gets used a lot... but think about it.  "Oh sorry, Mr Bean Bag... but says here you don't like the leader... you get the yellow pill."

"What's the yellow pill?"

"It's yellow.  Do you want it or not?"

Ya'll seen the Seinfeld with Elaine's chart?  For once, I'm not kidding around... this is scary sh!t.  This is tyranny, guys.  WAKE THE FK UP.

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2013, 08:26:28 PM »

Don't worry Bean. My guess is we'll have a Republican president in 2016 and you can go back to sleep with a smile on your face.

and I'm no fan of the IRS. Never have been, never will be. I don't care what stuffed shirt's in the White House.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:27:54 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2013, 08:30:32 PM »

But that IS their diversion tactic, rockandroll! They know it too and will keep doing it while accusing us of the same....
I can keep going if you want.  Here... let's revisit this dandy...

This thread should be deleted because this guy deliberately originally posted this on the main board and he knows damn well it doesn't belong there. Why move it, just get rid of it for that rule violation alone. And no, most of us aren't paranoid enough to be "worried" or call this "Nixon on 'roids." But I shouldn't even bother saying that, because the person who started this thread is clearly being a troll who want attention.
I mean, this one's ripe.  This will put my kids through college, if you know what I mean!

These are called "banners."  One and done.  They rarely come back, because they're panicked.  What brought them in to post is the topic name.  They know what's inside.  And it's a total world collapse.  The fabric of their political-universe is a small protected bubble.  And this is bad.  They don't want to come back.  They need to express their absolute horror with this topic's existence (and the a-hole who posted it) -- and then they need to get the hell away!

I always laugh, because I usually get called the troll.  I mean, pot, kettle?  Right?!   LOL

Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2013, 08:35:36 PM »

Don't worry Bean. My guess is we'll have a Republican president in 2016 and you can go back to sleep with a smile on your face.
That would be nice!  But there will still be libtards.  They just don't go away.  They like power and HATE progress.  And the Republican party will, on schedule, try to "reach across the aisle" and "work with" these lunatics.

So... unfortunately... no.  Sleep is for the dead and libtarded.   Undecided

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2013, 08:40:52 PM »

Note that Lois Lerner, who headed up the embattled division of exemptions within the IRS and who had just pleaded the 5th refusing to answer direct questions under oath this week after declaring under oath she had done "nothing wrong", has been placed on "administrative leave" and has been replaced by an interim manager. This was after a coalition of "us and them" including Sens. Levin and McCain had drafted a letter urging the agency to dismiss and replace her.

For even more fun and laughs, search the name Sara Hall Ingram. Ms. Ingram was in a supervisory role within the IRS, where those running the tax-exempt division would answer to her.

Sara Hall Ingram has been promoted to director of the IRS "Affordable Care Office", in charge of administrating the Affordable Care Act, including the determinations of whose current plans meet the new requirements and whose plans fall short and will be subject to penalties and fines, collected through the IRS, if they do not comply.

Essentially the woman whose employees reporting directly to her are the ones being accused of misconduct in determining who qualified for tax-exempt status will now be in charge of the department of the IRS which will determine who qualifies for health care under the new Act.

Again, make sure to check those 2013 federal tax forms, you'll need to answer some questions about your health care when filing your taxes before April 15, 2014.

Just be careful whose petitions you sign or which groups, candidates, or causes you donate to in the next year. The IRS may have a form letter coming to your mailbox using terms like "audit" and "review", even though political affiliation or ideological leaning is supposed to play no part whatsoever in the way the IRS does its job or makes decisions regarding tax status.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2013, 08:43:45 PM »

and I'm no fan of the IRS. Never have been, never will be. I don't care what stuffed shirt's in the White House.

How do you feel then about the IRS being put in charge of administering the Affordable Care Act?

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2013, 08:51:54 PM »

How do you feel then about the IRS being put in charge of administering the Affordable Care Act?

I don't want them in charge of anything other than clearing out their offices!

And Bean, you're just showing your true colors as an extreme Right Wing partisan who is incapable of participating in an informed/shaded conversation..... Keep it up. Obama will be gone soon and then what will you do?

Reality isn't as black and white as you think it is.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 09:36:26 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2013, 09:04:16 PM »

I don't want them in charge of anything other than clearing out their offices!

Same here, but I wouldn't even trust some of them to do that simple task without causing a problem, or filing a workman's comp case if they strain their back lifting the file box full of their bobblehead dolls and coffee mugs.

Jason
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2013, 09:47:32 PM »

This thread should be deleted because this guy deliberately originally posted this on the main board and he knows damn well it doesn't belong there. Why move it, just get rid of it for that rule violation alone. And no, most of us aren't paranoid enough to be "worried" or call this "Nixon on 'roids." But I shouldn't even bother saying that, because the person who started this thread is clearly being a troll who want attention.
I mean, this one's ripe.  This will put my kids through college, if you know what I mean!

These are called "banners."  One and done.  They rarely come back, because they're panicked.  What brought them in to post is the topic name.  They know what's inside.  And it's a total world collapse.  The fabric of their political-universe is a small protected bubble.  And this is bad.  They don't want to come back.  They need to express their absolute horror with this topic's existence (and the a-hole who posted it) -- and then they need to get the hell away!

I always laugh, because I usually get called the troll.  I mean, pot, kettle?  Right?!   LOL

That was the same person who came in here, said we were all racists, and bailed like a bitch afterwards when I called that bullshit remark out.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2013, 12:31:54 PM »

And Bean, you're just showing your true colors as an extreme Right Wing partisan who is incapable of participating in an informed/shaded conversation.....
Showing my true colors!?  Was I previously "hiding" my true colors?  LOL

Well, let me finally remove the mask!  Only the Left assumes that people are inherently dishonest, because this is how they are.  They have to be.  They can't be truthful with what they want, because nobody would dig it.  Liberalism is bad, shameful and wouldn't sell d-ck.  That was one of the first things I learned... so I'm glad you brought this up.  Being a Democrat -- a left-wing extremist -- is all about being angry and dishonest, and how to say things to keep people off your trail.  You know... how to make people think you "care."  As one rises through the ranks -- from rent-a-mob thuggery to a volunteer, then to a position of authority and power in the Leftocracy, they learn what to say.  How to hide.

Keep it up. Obama will be gone soon and then what will you do?
Oh, boy.  This again?   Roll Eyes

I wish it were limited to him.  Nothing would make me happier! (see my pics!).  But it's just not that simple.  We've got entire government departments and agencies.  ObamaCare, etc.  The Demorat Party.  My goodness Pinder!  This thread/topic is kind of about that, right?  I mean... it was supposed to be.   LOL  We've got big, big problems.  I really wanted to know if people felt the same way.  We're all in this together.  I mean, it's not "my" country.  It's mine, yours, theirs.  Government is out of control.  Or quite possibly in Total Control.

And stop getting so hung up with me providing balance with my unrelenting bashing of the disgustingly, askew Democrat Party and thus assume that I'm oblivious to the other party.  Reality is not that black in white.

Your chosen picture, Pinder, clearly depicts a reality where both black and white Americans can come together without the Demorat Party.  So this picture should never have gotten out.  Thanks for posting the truth.   Wink

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2013, 10:03:50 PM »

And Bean, you're just showing your true colors as an extreme Right Wing partisan who is incapable of participating in an informed/shaded conversation.....
Showing my true colors!?  Was I previously "hiding" my true colors?  LOL

Well, let me finally remove the mask!  Only the Left assumes that people are inherently dishonest, because this is how they are.  They have to be.  They can't be truthful with what they want, because nobody would dig it.  Liberalism is bad, shameful and wouldn't sell d-ck.  That was one of the first things I learned... so I'm glad you brought this up.  Being a Democrat -- a left-wing extremist -- is all about being angry and dishonest, and how to say things to keep people off your trail.  You know... how to make people think you "care."  As one rises through the ranks -- from rent-a-mob thuggery to a volunteer, then to a position of authority and power in the Leftocracy, they learn what to say.  How to hide.

Keep it up. Obama will be gone soon and then what will you do?
Oh, boy.  This again?   Roll Eyes

I wish it were limited to him.  Nothing would make me happier! (see my pics!).  But it's just not that simple.  We've got entire government departments and agencies.  ObamaCare, etc.  The Demorat Party.  My goodness Pinder!  This thread/topic is kind of about that, right?  I mean... it was supposed to be.   LOL  We've got big, big problems.  I really wanted to know if people felt the same way.  We're all in this together.  I mean, it's not "my" country.  It's mine, yours, theirs.  Government is out of control.  Or quite possibly in Total Control.

And stop getting so hung up with me providing balance with my unrelenting bashing of the disgustingly, askew Democrat Party and thus assume that I'm oblivious to the other party.  Reality is not that black in white.

Your chosen picture, Pinder, clearly depicts a reality where both black and white Americans can come together without the Demorat Party.  So this picture should never have gotten out.  Thanks for posting the truth.   Wink

Once again, ALL you've done is slam the "left" and Democrats.....

You have nothing to bring to the table. You are nothing but a slave to word-sausage and it's pathetic. You are a single-minded and simpleminded drone who clings to these childish terms and definitions because they make you feel big and bad and superior. Your misdirection tactics and hypocritical deflection is straight out of grade school... I don't think you'd know a "liberal" if one were sitting right next to you or didn't look exactly like Obama or if you didn't see them on Fox News with a big banner over their head saying "Democrat"

I know I'm being an ass, but I think you might be able to understand what irks me here. I am neither a liberal or a right winger. I keep trying to break this "conversation" out of those constraints, but you keep dragging it back with your Obama pictures (as admittedly funny as they are) and it's rather heartbreaking actually. If you really do care about things as you claim to, you would understand this and quit insisting on enforcing your comfortable definitions. At least amongst us Beach Boys loving friends. If you wonder why "liberals" might put you in an unfair box, maybe it's because they don't want to thrown in with you in even the smallest way because you'll just insult them.... Think about it. Do you see me putting up insulting pictures of Mitt Romney or Bush? No! Have you heard me criticize Obama? The Government? The IRS? Yes! .... So, please ease off the rabid "liberal" bashing, please? It's tiresome.... Speak with examples (which, yes, you've done and I respect that) not rhetoric.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:19:40 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2013, 10:57:46 PM »

If you wonder why "liberals" might put you in an unfair box, maybe it's because they don't want to thrown in with you in even the smallest way because you'll just insult them.... Think about it.
I have.  And I'm glad you brought this up.  This is called surrender.  And I accept.  

And if you (or anyone else) think I'm being an ass, I'm not.  I'm demonstrating how to end this.

Do you see me putting up insulting pictures of Mitt Romney or Bush?
Now I'm going to start it back up again.  (This is called salting their fields so they can't grow crops for six generations!!!  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL )

Ok... yes.  Yes, you have attacked my people relentlessly.  Just not nearly effectively as me.  And as such... you cannot have a military forever.  I'll defend you if you get attacked.  But no planes, bombs or aircraft carriers for you.

.... So, please ease off the rabid "liberal" bashing, please?
I will.  It's a condition of surrender.  If you sign???

Of course you know, I also have my demands... (hint:  What's a liberal?)   Huh

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2013, 11:05:59 PM »

Hey, at least you have "your people" .... I ain't got nobody. No Bush, no Obama.....
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2013, 07:34:29 PM »

Hey, at least you have "your people" .... I ain't got nobody. No Bush, no Obama.....
You have a home.  You're an individual.  We're all individuals.  And that's what they're after.  They want you to forfeit the fact that you are a sanctified, unique entity.  That's their game.

And that's why you think it's wrong to "got nobody," politically speaking.  You know the old religious metaphor of the devil harvesting souls?  Well, that's not really too far off.  In our material world that means stealing your work, effort, dreams and pursuit of happiness.  The fruits of your labor and your time -- your paychecks.  But not just material sh-t.  They don't just want people to be physically dependent, they really want mental dependence.  That's ballgame.  They want people to feel just like how Detroit looks.  

Now they can't get folks like me mentally.  Just not gonna happen.  So that's why they wanted socialized medicine so freakin' bad.  They needs this.  Cuz once they got our physical bodies under their thumb (and under the cold bony finger of the IRS agent) they figure the mind is just a matter of time.  Which is why this IRS scandal is huge.  And absolutely chilling.  And sadly why "cold dead hands" rings true to more and more people everyday.

Here's my best example of an IRS agent-type!  If you've seen Boardwalk Empire... this dude is spot on.

"you ever donate to a Tea Party."
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 07:37:07 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2013, 12:31:17 AM »

The right wing certainly has your soul. See you're happy to conform when it's the side of the table you think you belong on.... So, you really haven't learned a thing.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2013, 10:31:37 PM »

The right wing certainly has your soul. See you're happy to conform when it's the side of the table you think you belong on.... So, you really haven't learned a thing.
I've learned that I'm a conformist by hanging out with people who are not conformists.

But I already knew that.   LOL

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2013, 12:26:03 AM »

You're just talking at yourself as you've been doing all along. You are politically and intellectually dishonest with yourself and everyone here. There is absolutely no point in attempting to engage with you because you have no interest in anything other than ranting into the mirror and poating inmature pictures because it makes you feel tough. Goodbye you partisan hack.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2013, 10:40:06 PM »

Oh yeah?  We'll you're still clueless.  As in:

If anything, it's the power elite who want smaller government! ..... It's less expensive for them to have less people to pay off, bribe etc etc....

I honestly wonder if anyone dying on the street or in some shitty hospice bed ever thought about how they really want a smaller government.... We're all so smug as to assume we'll never be in such a situation ourselves.

This quote demonstrates you're nothing but a hackneyed, misinformed individual with a sad, small view of the human race.  I mean, that's is fncking asinine!  Suicidal.  You know... you're not open minded.  You don't even have half the wits to even pretend to know what you're talking about when dealing with sh-t on my level.  You're so fcking nowhere NEAR my level, Pinder, I could sh-t on your head and you wouldn't realize it.  Because it would freeze before it ever got to you.  In fact, if it did land -- you still wouldn't realize it.  Cuz your head is submerged in the doo.  You're selling doo-doo pies and telling people their brownies.

Now... I feel tough.    Wink

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 29, 2013, 02:23:25 AM »

No, I am certainly not at your "level".... I, ya know, get out of the house now and again. It's amazing how varied and wonderful the world is when you do so. I makes a lot of one's smug self assurance and negativity obvious for what it is. The basement is yours, Bean. Fire away at nothing.....
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2013, 08:38:39 AM »

Is this the same basement that Obama was hiding in on Sept 11, 2012?

Hillary Rodham:  "What difference does it make"

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 08:39:40 AM by Bean Bag » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: