gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 10:39:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Cherie Amour Cover  (Read 1141 times)
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2013, 10:34:00 PM »

Here's a new cover I just wrapped up. Kept the arrangement fairly similar to the original. Man, I just love this freakin song. Hope u enjoy my version of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXcI5ONFtvo
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 05:11:11 AM »

Really, really cool. I've always loved that song as well.

You really nail the vocals on one it - almost so much so that it becomes a bit pointless since you're so close to the original. (mind you, this is meant more as a compliment than criticism. Very, very few can match Stevie!  Grin)

You're really one hell of a singer. I hope that one day you'll introduce of to stuff that's yours all the way. (I'm not counting in the J Dilla stuff here, great as it is, since, as far as I have understood, that's tracks that you've expanded upon,  right?)

zachrwolfe
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 03:54:15 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:11:58 PM by zatch » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 05:14:11 PM »

Haha, you don't even know it but u are constantly putting me to shame. This is incredible! I've been covering a lot of things in the soul vein lately and still can't boast something this good.

Seconding the call for original material. It's either that or I give you mine, so it has a fighting chance  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 07:53:52 PM »

Thanks a lot guys! I appreciate the support! Still diggin deep and trying to find my sound. It's tough, there's so many ways to go! I actually wrote a song about that, called "It's All Been Done Before"....

I just did a quick cover of an Ed Sheeran record. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sckpAdN8bWI

Might try to do some original stuff in this lane, maybe a little heavier. As much as I love the oldies, R&B and commercial pop/EDM, I'm really drawn to pop/rock/acoustic type stuff as well.

Hypehat, send me some ideas, I'm down! Haha.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx